SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
So, because Bennett injured Marchand, Draisatl took it upon himself to cheap shot Barkov so he could relay the message to his teammates. It had nothing to do with him being frustrated going down 2 - 0 in the series with a total of 1 goal in two games, and none of this would have happened if Marchand wasn't injured.
Panthers were taking runs at Oilers players all game
Oilers were retaliating and Drai took it too far and got a penalty

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I don't think the hit was overly vicious or anything, it was a bad hit but I am not sure it's a suspension based on how the league seems to operate. Maybe a double minor for roughing. Bennett hit McDavid in the face with a questionable hit and had a similar hit on another player as well but those guys just never got hurt. Unfortunately the league sets the standard on these things and consistency is not their strong suit.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Let's steer this back into normal hockey...assuming Barkov has a full mask on next game

How do the oilers solve FL's defense? Bob? They've been completely shut down.

What moves do the oilers make?

Reactions: Devonator

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Let's steer this back into normal hockey...assuming Barkov has a full mask on next game

How do the oilers solve FL's defense? Bob? They've been completely shut down.

What moves do the oilers make?
I think the biggest question mark there is nurse. He only played 4 minutes right? Injured? Benched? Sure he hasn’t been great defensively but he’s still good at moving the puck out. Who takes his place? Broberg?

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I think the biggest question mark there is nurse. He only played 4 minutes right? Injured? Benched? Sure he hasn’t been great defensively but he’s still good at moving the puck out. Who takes his place? Broberg?
Didn't Broberg take Ceci's spot?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think the hit was overly vicious or anything, it was a bad hit but I am not sure it's a suspension based on how the league seems to operate. Maybe a double minor for roughing. Bennett hit McDavid in the face with a questionable hit and had a similar hit on another player as well but those guys just never got hurt. Unfortunately the league sets the standard on these things and consistency is not their strong suit.

If there’s a jump+ elbow there’s clear intend to injure.

It’s not that hard, you don’t leave the ice by accident and hit by your elbow

Panthers were taking runs at Oilers players all game
Oilers were retaliating and Drai took it too far and got a penalty

Nobody is saying hits should be banned.

But everyone knows what that his was about at that point of the game

If Edmonton wants to go after Barkov hit him everytime you can, just not with flying elbows

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
LOL. You guys whined for two days after the Zadorov/Soucy/McDavid incident.

OK. I get it now.
Douchebag head shots are ok in the SCF. Gotcha.

There’s also been nothing but crying after game 2 because this game somehow proves how the league and the reffs are against Edmonton and want to hand Florida their Stanley Cup

Imagine using this game as an example and complaining about it non stop

Then when their play gets called out you get ”just move on”

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Don’t you all get it? Bettman hates the Oilers and loves the Panthers, that’s why the Panthers won every draft lottery for a decade until it finally worked out. Wait, that wasn’t the Panthers, what team am I thinking of?
Lmao for a decade

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Who laughed at me step forward. This game the Panthers did figure out how to play their suffocating style.

Not to suggest Oilboys are out of it, but The Rat Gang ... 91% chance to win the cup for the first time. Go Cats!

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
As if Draisaitl wanted to take Barkov out of the game. He would have pointed his elbow up at his head and lead with the other arm instead of left arm.
Keep the narrative going since we got not much else to talk about.
Tkachuk trying to take out McDavid at multiple occasions after whistles is dirtier than Draisaitl hit which was reviewed and amounted to not even a fine .
Eckblad choking Bouchard, Bouchard tapping out and Eckblad doubling down is more in need of review.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If there’s a jump+ elbow there’s clear intend to injure.

It’s not that hard, you don’t leave the ice by accident and hit by your elbow
As I said the league is allowing other questionable hits as well so that is the standard they seem to be setting, the only difference is Barkov got hurt and hopefully he is back for the next game. McDavid got crosschecked in the face in these playoffs and it was only a 1 game suspension so that tells you a lot what where the standard seems to be. It appears you really have to do something excessive for the NHL to give out suspensions in the playoffs.

Reactions: New User Name

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I hate to say it but if McDavid wants to win a cup, heck, for the matter any player, they have to sign with a competent managed team. For most of the last 30 years that's been in the states and has nothing to do with Gary.

I say that a dual citizen and cheering for Edmonton.

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
He’s a Vezina finalist who played the second most games next only to Helly. He already has one Vezina too.
You act like he’s some random scrub.
If Carolina had Bobby instead of Freddy we may be the ones in the Cup. Canes had a bad scheme in the Rags series but they outplayed them, consistently had more shots but Andersen basically choked (again) anyway, Bobrovsky is playing great and he tracks the puck way better than Andersen too. F the haters

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
As I said the league is allowing other questionable hits as well so that is the standard they seem to be setting, the only difference is Barkov got hurt and hopefully he is back for the next game. McDavid got crosschecked in the face in these playoffs and it was only a 1 game suspension so that tells you a lot what where the standard seems to be. It appears you really have to do something excessive for the NHL to give out suspensions in the playoffs.

Which flying elbow represents.

You can’t have this bs in the Stanley Cup finals.
But sadly league couldn’t give a damm about player safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad