SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I certainly wouldn't be crying until I heard the full extent of his injury

But you know the crying doesn’t even need a dirty hit, it’s still happening non stop

You can’t have dirty hits affect who’s going to win the Cup

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Granted it doesn't look great for the Oilers right now but I am surprised so many people think this series is over.....all Edmonton has to do is win Game 3 and then we have a series.....its not like these first 2 games were blowouts.....
It's also not like they were as close as the score indicates either.

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
But you know the crying doesn’t even need a dirty hit, it’s still happening non stop

You can’t have dirty hits affect who’s going to win the Cup
I'm sorry but Barkov plays on a team with Bennett, Tkachuk and Cousins...some of the dirtiest players in the league who have knocked out good players in the playoffs (Marchand)
there's a reason they were the most penalized team in the league

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Florida is lucky to be up in this series. Besides Bob saving their bacon in G1, actual debilitating injuries in Edmonton's top six are making Florida look better than they are. Still a great team, though!
It's the playoffs, injuries happen. I'm sure you dont have a lot of time for Nucks fans bringing up not having their Vezina candidate goalie or their top scorer being hurt for the clinching games.

Also goalies are part of the team. Bob stealing a game is no different than McD scoring a hattrick to win one.

Series isn't over though, I've cheered for a team that was up 2-0 in the finals and lost. They have to win both at home though.

Reactions: stampedingviking

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm sorry but Barkov plays on a team with Bennett, Tkachuk and Cousins...some of the dirtiest players in the league who have knocked out good players in the playoffs (Marchand)
there's a reason they were the most penalized team in the league

How does that make this hit okay?

And because McDavid plays with Drai, Foegele, Nurse, Kane etc McDavid is free to be hit however Florida wants

Edmonton has hit low point realizing their only chance at winning is by taking out the best player. Considering they were the superior team I’m surprised it has come to that

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

And because McDavid plays with Drai, Foegele, Nurse, Kane etc McDavid is free to be hit however Florida wants

Edmonton has hit low point realizing their only chance at winning is by taking out the best player. Considering they were the superior team I’m surprised it has come to that
did I say it was ok?
Barkov is the captain of the dirtiest team in the league but now they wanna cry foul when shit like this happens to them? live by the sword, die by the sword

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
The hits were within the context of the game. Both teams were giving. Draisatl was enthusiastic, but suspension? No way. His elbow was tucked within his body and he hit him face to face parallel to the boards.
. This was no boarding, blindsided shot. Bad luck his jaw ended up there, but no way a suspension.
did I say it was ok?
Barkov is the captain of the dirtiest team in the league but now they wanna cry foul when shit like this happens to them? live by the sword, die by the sword
Wha

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's the playoffs, injuries happen. I'm sure you dont have a lot of time for Nucks fans bringing up not having their Vezina candidate goalie or their top scorer being hurt for the clinching games.

Also goalies are part of the team. Bob stealing a game is no different than McD scoring a hattrick to win one.

Series isn't over though, I've cheered for a team that was up 2-0 in the finals and lost. They have to win both at home though.
Who is injured?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

As if Draisaitl wanted to take Barkov out of the game. He would have pointed his elbow up at his head and lead with the other arm instead of left arm.
Keep the narrative going since we got not much else to talk about.
Tkachuk trying to take out McDavid at multiple occasions after whistles is dirtier than Draisaitl hit which was reviewed and amounted to not even a fine .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
As if Draisaitl wanted to take Barkov out of the game. He would have pointed his elbow up at his head and lead with the other arm instead of left arm.
Keep the narrative going since we got not much else to talk about.
Tkachuk trying to take out McDavid at multiple occasions after whistles is dirtier than Draisaitl hit which was reviewed and amounted to not even a fine .

The man jumps and hits with his elbow but he wasn’t trying to hurt

Oukkidoukki mate

did I say it was ok?

Well you keep acting like it

I’m sorry but McDavid plays with dirty players so he should be run over

That’s one stupid logic

Edit
& your team could have had 3 majors in 1 game so you have no grounds to claim another team dirtier than Edmonton

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
how many players have the Oilers knocked out of the this playoffs?
memo to Paul Maurice...if you're gonna cry about other teams being "dirty", maybe take a look at your team first and wonder why other teams do what they do...
Was Maurice crying?

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
now Barkov knows how Marchand feels and will tell his teammates to cool it when it comes to intentionally injuring people
play stupid games, win stupid prizes

So, because Bennett injured Marchand, Draisatl took it upon himself to cheap shot Barkov so he could relay the message to his teammates. It had nothing to do with him being frustrated going down 2 - 0 in the series with a total of 1 goal in two games, and none of this would have happened if Marchand wasn't injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad