SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
As I said the league is allowing other questionable hits as well so that is the standard they seem to be setting, the only difference is Barkov got hurt and hopefully he is back for the next game. McDavid got crosschecked in the face in these playoffs and it was only a 1 game suspension so that tells you a lot what where the standard seems to be. It appears you really have to do something excessive for the NHL to give out suspensions in the playoffs.
That's true. McDavid has had to put up with a lot of crap in his career.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Which flying elbow represents.

You can’t have this bs in the Stanley Cup finals.
But sadly league couldn’t give a damm about player safety
I do think hits like that should be suspensions, I also think a few of Bennett's hits probably should be by the same measure as well but the NHL is always inconsistent with everything they do.

Reactions: Esteban and RMF5630

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Looking around here and various social media...oilers give zero credit to the Panthers.

None. It's a ref blaming. Pages and pages. No credit to Bob or Barkov.

Wow. I guess the rude awakening will never happen if it hasn't after 0-2.

The bigger the hubris, the bigger the fall.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I do not disagree. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The Oilers fan was so lucky security was right there in that moment. It could have been way worse. A drunk can still knock you out if you're not protecting yourself
Hopefully other fans join in to help contain the guy until security arrives.

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Looking around here and various social media...oilers give zero credit to the Panthers.

Wow. I guess the ride awakening will never happen if it hasn't after 0-2.

A clean sweep would be nice karma. And vengeance for 00 Avalanche cup for Cats .

Maybe game 1 you can say Bobrov carried. But game 2 the clearly beat the Oilers clean. Those goals were 🔥. Snipes.

Now I want 4-0 😆

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008

I'm currently near Toronto and all the media is talking about is the Oilers lack of discipline.

By the way didn't you hear what the Edmonton players said after the game? All the ones I heard were how good the Panthers were and not one blamed it on penalties.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021

A big reason so many are cheering against an Edmonton win

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I'm currently near Toronto and all the media is talking about is the Oilers lack of discipline.

By the way didn't you hear what the Edmonton players said after the game? All the ones I heard were how good the Panthers were and not one blamed it on penalties.
Clarify...FANS

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Considering the sentiment of anything the Oilers have done has been “but did he die?”, I’m gonna ask, did he die?

Of course you are. You’ve already placed an asterisk on this series before it’s over.
Did he die? So that is FLA's bar for whether a thug Panther is a in the wrong?

Reactions: yrrebbor

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Honing in on Draisaitl’s play when Carrick’s play was worse is certainly odd. I was expecting a fine for Drai and a suspension for Carrick.
It was probably because of who was involved. If Carrack did the exact same hit to one of Florida’s 4th liners then it would have been a non issue but if Draisaitl speared Barkov in the nuts then he’s probably getting a game.

Reactions: PuckG

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Barkoff is obviously fine, they made it 3 to 1 a couple minutes after when he was in mandatory concussion protocol, he wasn't coming back after that.

The team stayed tight lip to try and create the mystique that he's injured and get Draisaitl suspended. Now their just trying to fire themselves up. He'll no doubt be 100% ready for game 3.

Just like Listerinen was after apparently getting shot in the kneecap but was magically fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad