SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I have a hard time believing the Oil can comeback down two. The Cats play too structured, are too good defensively, and know how to get things done. That said, still hoping it goes to 7.
If they win at home then it becomes a best of three. Who knows how they respond being desperate for a win? If they go down 3-0 then they're cooked.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Part of what you are perceiving as a lack of respect for the Panthers is the fact that Oilers fans have an especially intense love hate relationship with their team -
And the other part is from the disrespectful things actually said. Shitting on Forsling, dissing FL’s third line because of “points”, doubting)dismissing whether Barkov could have any effect at slowing down the production of McDavid. Pissing on the idea that FL was a deep team, because “heard that about Dallas....”. Saying Bennett was nothing because of three + years ago in Calgary. The list goes on....

IB

Aug 20, 2009
The wasn't just an arm around the neck holding the guy back. He was strangling him. He was tapping out for Christ's sake!! f***, just look at his eyes!! THAT does not happen all the time. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and be a normal human about it.
That play was so funny. Even Oilers fans were laughing 😃

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
"Adin Hill was 11-4-0 in 16 games with a goals against average of 2.17 and a save percentage of . 932 in the 2023 playoffs. He won his first Stanley Cup."

"Darcy Kuemper was 10-4-0 in 16 games with a goals against average of 2.57 and a save percentage of .902 in the 2022 playoffs"
This is Monday morning quarterbacking. OBVIOUSLY they ended up winning the Stanley Cup. But very few people believed they had it in them and that you can win the Cup with such unproven netminders.

Stuart Skinner2023-24EDMEDM181811700434452.51389.89611076

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
And the other part is from the disrespectful things actually said. Shitting on Forsling, dissing FL’s third line because of “points”, doubting)dismissing whether Barkov could have any effect at slowing down the production of McDavid. Pissing on the idea that FL was a deep team, because “heard that about Dallas....”. Saying Bennett was nothing because of three + years ago in Calgary. The list goes on....

Forsling would look great in Edmonton now, wouldn't he?

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Excited to see the energy Oil Country brings for games 3 & 4. Gonna be a major X factor and the fellas need the energy badly. Still holding out hope I can keep my kidney to get in the building for a game.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
This thread goes worse and worse every day, the number negative post is overwhelming,
i have never read such a toxic waste land thread before, yuck!.

I know its not news worthy here in hfboards, the most toxic place in internet sports message boards
but this is just too much... sorry for you both Panthers and Oilers fans who actually are or try to be civil.
Did you expect something different? It is hockey fans.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
BTW. Since Forsling joined the Panthers, his +/- is highest of all players in the NHL (2020 - 2024) reg+po.
His magic number is +162 (330 games)

+162

That's just 38 out of +200
That is crazy high +/-

Interestingly enough, he and Ekholm have almost identical statlines over the past 2 seasons, #1 & #2 in +/-.

d.PNG

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Wanting something to happen and thinking it actually will are two different things :D
Yup. I mean, the penalty is an indication that it was an illegal hit. For all the lip service the NHL gives to the idea of "head shots shouldn't be in the game" they sure do nothing about it.

"B-b-but Bennett!"

Come up with whatever excuse you want. It's still a dirty hit.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yup. I mean, the penalty is an indication that it was an illegal hit. For all the lip service the NHL gives to the idea of "head shots shouldn't be in the game" they sure do nothing about it.

"B-b-but Bennett!"

Come up with whatever excuse you want. It's still a dirty hit.

But according to them Barkov dove and Panthers just kept him off the game to make a show..

The best defensive forward in the game when Edmonton still had a chance to get back

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
This thread goes worse and worse every day, the number of negative post's is overwhelming,
i have never read such a toxic waste land thread before, yuck!.

I know its not news worthy here in hfboards, the most toxic place in internet sports message boards
but this is just too much... sorry for you both Panthers and Oilers fans who actually are or try to be civil.

It needs a dose of "Hooray for Everything", stat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad