SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
You asked for an example so I gave one - I agree it's not OK.

No issues, this format makes things sound harsher than they are meant.

Lomberg had quite the night, huh? 14 minutes in penalties. I was surprised Frederik came out with that, must have been over the top.

I actually said that I had no problem with Ekblad's because they reported he let up when Bouchard tapped and Bouchard is good with it. So, if they are good with it who am I to argue.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
No issues, this format makes things sound harsher than they are meant.

Lomberg had quite the night, huh? 14 minutes in penalties. I was surprised Frederik came out with that, must have been over the top.

I actually said that I had no problem with Ekblad's because they reported he let up when Bouchard tapped and Bouchard is good with it. So, if they are good with it who am I to argue.
Oh yeah it does.

Leaves some folks arguing against the wind in here.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Well, another poster put up an example of a choking Frederik and Lomberg (FLA again, must be a thing in Sunrise). Received a misconduct. So, I would be good with that.

That was a fight between two players, this is actually worse as Ekblad dragged Bouchard out and choked from behind. But, a misconduct is about right.
j'agree, an offsetting roughing minor was an easy call. Or ad-hoc some disciplinary action is fine imo... officials or DOPS should try to bring some calm and order to the situation. Show they are monitoring and not allowing retaliation and escalation.

I'm not outraged by the choke. That's just a bit too much from Ekblad, and totally unaddressed can lead to retaliation/escalation. Tkatchuk, Bennet, Cousins, Kane, Nurse, Carrick, etc. are all playing in this series.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Florida fans should be angry at Bennet.

He set the bar for the League when they decided that they cannot afford to give supplemental discipline to a star player in the PO's even if it involves a headshot.

Anyone can argue/complain all they want, but if you put his punch to the head on Marchand and Draisaitl's elbow to the head of Barkov to any unbiased fan they are going to tell you that both are head shots and run counter to what the League claims to care about.

And no, I'm not doing the whataboutism thing (hell, Marchand himself didn't whine post game). Just using logic. When League looked the other way on that hit, they really boxed themselves in on something like this.

Playoffs are a nasty thing. Buckle up, head up, and deal with the nasty cheap stuff. Not saying that's the way it should be -- but it is the way it is.

• Haha
Reactions: elmaco

josra33

Aug 11, 2008

He set the bar for the League when they decided that they cannot afford to give supplemental discipline to a star player in the PO's even if it involves a headshot.

Anyone can argue/complain all they want, but if you put his punch to the head on Marchand and Draisaitl's elbow to the head of Barkov to any unbiased fan they are going to tell you that both are head shots and run counter to what the League claims to care about.

And no, I'm not doing the whataboutism thing (hell, Marchand himself didn't whine post game). Just using logic. When League looked the other way on that hit, they really boxed themselves in on something like this.

Playoffs are a nasty thing. Buckle up, head up, and deal with the nasty cheap stuff. Not saying that's the way it should be -- but it is the way it is.
Why is it Bennets fault that the league dropped the ball?

Reactions: Laus723 and Esteban

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
It’s like you intentionally misread my comment
You asked the question!
Come on, you go that extreme your going to get a smart ass response.

As I said earlier, this format make things sound harsher than intended. If at a bar, you would have known I was making comment for effect. Very few places can talk and give shit about hockey, sorry if offended. Son says I need to learn emojis...

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I agree the League dropped the ball. And I'm being facetious when I say that it's Bennett's fault.

I'm just saying that if Bennett didn't get dinged for that, people shouldn't expect to happen when the shoe is on the other foot. Bar has been set.

My star player head shots your star player and doesn't get called on it. All OK.

Your star player head shots my star player and doesn't get called on it. It's an outrage and guys like Lomberg should run one of your guys through the end boards.

Not how life works.

Reactions: SaltNPeca

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
It's not his fault for that, but I think his headshot on Marchand was of his doing.... Or did the league put him up to it too?

Or are you saying that the Florida fans should start whinning about Draisaitl.... It is not his fault that the league dropped the ball, correct?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
No, Marchand didn’t, but his coach sure did. Eventually even acting like a clown behind the bench while trying to work the refs. :laugh:
Agreed. But coaches do that sometimes.

My point was that Marchand didn't whine. My guess is Barkov won't/didn't either.

Fans crying for someone to hurt like McDavid over this - or for Draisatl to be suspended - are acting like a clown on their keyboards. Right?

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021

I’m glad you realize whataboutism but that’s exactly what you’re doing.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Agreed. But coaches do that sometimes.

My point was that Marchand didn't whine. My guess is Barkov won't/didn't either.

Fans crying for someone to hurt like McDavid over this - or for Draisatl to be suspended - are acting like a clown on their keyboards. Right?
People can express their opinions about suspension, and others are free to counter them. But, calling for injuries in retribution is indeed clownish behavior

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Florida should absolutely and solely focus on winning this thing. It will be quite a bit harder without Barkov, so no distractions and needless penalties. Not to say that they shouldn't react but revenge is a dish best served cold...

edit: Or maybe there has been a speedy recovery, here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad