SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
j'agree, an offsetting roughing minor was an easy call. Or ad-hoc some disciplinary action is fine imo... officials or DOPS should try to bring some calm and order to the situation. Show they are monitoring and not allowing retaliation and escalation.

I'm not outraged by the choke. That's just a bit too much from Ekblad, and totally unaddressed can lead to retaliation/escalation. Tkatchuk, Bennet, Cousins, Kane, Nurse, Carrick, etc. are all playing in this series.

Just so I understand, you're okay with Drai getting nothing for knocking Barkov out of the game, but dragging a guy out of a scrum by his neck is worthy of supplemental punishment.

What a world we live in......

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Just so I understand, you're okay with Drai getting nothing for knocking Barkov out of the game, but dragging a guy out of a scrum by his next is worthy od supplemental punishment.

Mate, you don't understand, Ekblad choked him so hard Bouchard's eyes popped out and they haven't turned back to normal again. Scary stuff.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I have no doubt that Bennett would have been suspended if the second angle had came out before the league said no suspension. They were unwilling to go back on their position, whatever the reason for that was.
Bennett has made his own reputation. Bennett, Longram, nikka all have reps they are not getting benefit of doubt.

Draisatl? Not so much. Same thing with Barkov, players are swapped Barkov gets benefit of doubt. Reinhart, McGregor, etc... those guys are not going "Marchand".

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Bennett has made his own reputation. Bennett, Longram, nikka all have reps they are not getting benefit of doubt.

Draisatl? Not so much. Same thing with Barkov, players are swapped Barkov gets benefit of doubt. Reinhart, McGregor, etc... those guys are not going "Marchand".
‘Draisaitl? Not so much. ‘
Really?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Are you also in denial about Kucherov?

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Can we now shift the conversation to how hurt Draisaitl's elbow is from that Barkov jaw punch? It was vicious by Barkov.

Reactions: iam76

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Still waiting on Cookie Monster to get on the score sheet. Unless you count that sweet assist to Rodrigues

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Giving Barkov all benefit of the doubt, he was truly injured. Slowing it down he takes a shot "on the button" (chin), falls to the ice, flops a second time, then heads to the dressing room seemingly dazed.

Regarding Concussion Protocol : Visible Signs were there undoubtedly.

Despite the importance of playing, I sincerely hope for Barkov that the acute evaluation was honestly and professional administered and reported. Game 3 is within 48h, so if he plays I TRULY hope all protocol was followed here. Shame on the Panthers & League if it's not!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Giving Barkov all benefit of the doubt, he was truly injured. Slowing it down he takes a shot "on the button" (chin), falls to the ice, flops a second time, then heads to the dressing room seemingly dazed.

Regarding Concussion Protocol : Visible Signs were there undoubtedly.

Despite the importance of playing, I sincerely hope for Barkov that the acute evaluation was honestly and professional administered and reported. Game 3 is within 48h, so if he plays I TRULY hope all protocol was followed here. Shame on the Panthers & League if it's not!
Of course it was followed.

Reactions: Joe MacMillan

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, and after the Bennett goal they were going to lose the next interference challenge. It was obvious. I don't even think there would have been all that much whining if a Bruin did what Drai did to Bennett with no suspension. Making more bad calls because of previous bad calls is dumb, but it's series management.
Trying to justify a bad call because another one was made 2 series ago is ludicrous.

No one on the Panthers whined about it, not even Maurice.
Agree completely. For the record, I am not trying to justify anything at all. My point is merely that fans feeling angry about the League not suspending Draisaitl are just setting themselves up for disappointment. League made it clear what tolerance for head contact/shots among star players is. And that tolerance is high.

Everyone needs to get over it. It's nothing.

Edit: I will say to your point of there wouldn't have been all that much whining if a Bruin threw that hit at Bennett...... your faith in your fellow fan is admirable. Not realistic in my opinion, but admirable.

Reactions: RogerRoger

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Just so I understand, you're okay with Drai getting nothing for knocking Barkov out of the game, but dragging a guy out of a scrum by his neck is worthy of supplemental punishment.

nope, you didn't understand the details or spirit of my reply. btw Draisaitl didn't "get nothing", he got an in game penalty. That is meaningful.

Calling a penalty on Ekblad for the reactionary and excessive choke would be fine. DOPS should only look at the choke when a minor isn't called.

I'm ok with the penalty on Draisaitl, and DOPS looking at it of course (as it's a head shot).

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I'm guessing it's his first time watching Drai.

I mean, if it was, you'd understand, as he's done nothing in this series except try and hurt Barkov.
How many suspensions has he had in a 10 year career? He is not known as a predatory hitter by the league. The others, have very well made reputations.

If I was out west and saw him all the time, like I see the FLA thugs, maybe my opinion would change. But all I can do is look up his history with the league and see that he has no suspensions and only 2 fines for his entire career. Not exactly the info you find on a headhunter.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad