SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
The problem with the hit and non suspension is that this stage is far too big for bs like this

There’s a world of difference with Florida going to Edmonton with a 2-0 lead with healthy Barkov and going to Edmonton with a 2-0 lead and injured Barkov.
Absolutely. I strongly dislike the treatment of star players (getting away with some things, and then inconsistent harsh punishment other times).

Other players also get completely inconsistent punishments and a lot of the time it’s subjective crap.

Call the games fairly. Establish criteria, and get BS like what Drai did out of the game.

How likely would a person be to pull that if there was a minimum 2-3 game suspension for it? Especially one called very consistently.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Great news on Barkov! Best player not named Bob so far in the series. He’s a key reason why McDrai have 1 point combined so far and why the PP has been ineffective.

I don’t see Florida going out of their way for retribution.
I think Florida will continue to play a tough physical game but will keep their eyes on the big prize and not get distracted by the extracurricular stuff.
Playing physical and continuing to hit the Oilers stars has worked great so far in wearing them down as they are playing huge minutes. Florida has much better depth and needs to continue to take advantage of that.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
There's no way Barkov is back 100% if he is back. Guy got rocked pretty bad.

I mean he's still faking it, why did that p***y stay down after a normal elbow to the jaw lol what a loser
Or he didn't and it looked worse than it was. Medical staff will not lie. Coaches will, no doubt. But if he is cleared, he can play.

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Never trust Maurice's evaluations on injuries. "It's nothing sinister" means player will be out for weeks if not months. Not sure what "felt better" or "looked good" mean but hopefully nothing sinister.
He does like that word...

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
God I hope Barkov scores the Cup clinching goal…..and McDrai are on the ice…..
I don’t know about McDrai on the ice, but I’d guarantee one of Nurse/Ceci on the ice

USA chants was for the WW2 veteran being honored.
Don’t let facts get in the way of an anti-American narrative

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
How many suspensions has he had in a 10 year career? He is not known as a predatory hitter by the league. The others, have very well made reputations.

If I was out west and saw him all the time, like I see the FLA thugs, maybe my opinion would change. But all I can do is look up his history with the league and see that he has no suspensions and only 2 fines for his entire career. Not exactly the info you find on a headhunter.

And therein lies the problem with preferential treatment for "stars". Drai has done plenty of dirty things to warrant a suspension but never gets one. He's known to slewfoot, constantly cup-checking guys, hitting from behind, etc.

His hit on Barkov is so in his wheelhouse. When he gets frustrated, Pissy Leon comes out. He is lowkey one of the cheapest players in the league. I am not saying he's out to really hurt people like Torres and Burrows, but he can't control his emotions and lashes out when it's not going his way. The other night was a classic example.

He's a manchild that likes to take his frustrations out on the opposition and will never answer for it. Oilers like to shout from the rooftops about Chucky never answering the bell; well, it's been 9 years, and he's never dropped the gloves once. Not once. Jesus, even Nuge has managed two fights in his career.

So it's a circle jerk of......well he doesn't have a history!!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Florida fans should be angry at Bennet.

He set the bar for the League when they decided that they cannot afford to give supplemental discipline to a star player in the PO's even if it involves a headshot.

Anyone can argue/complain all they want, but if you put his punch to the head on Marchand and Draisaitl's elbow to the head of Barkov to any unbiased fan they are going to tell you that both are head shots and run counter to what the League claims to care about.

And no, I'm not doing the whataboutism thing (hell, Marchand himself didn't whine post game). Just using logic. When League looked the other way on that hit, they really boxed themselves in on something like this.

Playoffs are a nasty thing. Buckle up, head up, and deal with the nasty cheap stuff. Not saying that's the way it should be -- but it is the way it is.
Ridiculous. SMDH. This is whataboutisms with a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad