SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
I don’t know about McDrai on the ice, but I’d guarantee one of Nurse/Ceci on the ice

Don’t let facts get in the way of an anti-American narrative
Nothing anti-American about it - it was mostly about the Canada's Team nonsense- sorry if you took it that way....

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And therein lies the problem with preferential treatment for "stars". Drai has done plenty of dirty things to warrant a suspension but never gets one. He's known to slewfoot, constantly cup-checking guys, hitting from behind, etc.

His hit on Barkov is so in his wheelhouse. When he gets frustrated, Pissy Leon comes out. He is lowkey one of the cheapest players in the league. I am not saying he's out to really hurt people like Torres and Burrows, but he can't control his emotions and lashes out when it's not going his way. The other night was a classic example.

He's a manchild that likes to take his frustrations out on the opposition and will never answer for it. Oilers like to shout from the rooftops about Chucky never answering the bell; well, it's been 9 years, and he's never dropped the gloves once. Not once. Jesus, even Nuge has managed two fights in his career.

So it's a circle jerk of......well he doesn't have a history!!
Nuge beat the wheels off of both guys he fought and don’t you forget it.

Personally I’m glad Leon doesn’t fight. He’s got better things to do with his hands. (Also he has a broken finger. Probably from one of the many, many, many times he’s been slashed on the gloves these playoffs)

So we cannot talk about Bennet's hit on Marchand because that is a whataboutism but we can all reference Drai's checkered past as a clear indication as to why he should have been suspended.
Or Bennett’s hit on Broberg, or Bennett’s knee on Bouchard - in fact, we can’t talk about any of the shady shit the Panthers do, only Oiler infractions are worthy of mentions.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Just go watch the videos and pictures and learn about hockey

If either McDavid or Drai get injured in this series there better be zero crying, the league showed it’s open season for superstars
Mcdavid already took a leaping check to the face from Bennett who then circled back to stand over him. Nothing was called, little was said and mcdavid continued on.

Florida will be who they are regardless of whether Barkov is affected or not by the Drai hit. And that means taking liberties where they like but being disciplined when needed.

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
maybe if youre a magical-thinking Oilers homer, sure. its certainly an interesting opinion that I dont agree with
nothing "magical" about it... Bennett took the Bruins captain out of the series (basically) with a vicious punch...no suspension

Draisaitl elbowed Barkov in the head and took a penalty...and Barkov back at practice today looking just fine

the NHL was never gonna suspended a guy who didn't injure a player when they didn't suspended a guy who took the Bruins Captain out of the series

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Haven’t you heard the oilers are so in over their head they get beat on off days too.
They’re not, though. Florida was the better team game 2, Edmonton was the better team game 1 but Bob stole it for them.

I know it’s the mainboards fantasy for Edmonton to fold and go away, but they’ve overcome a ton of adversity this year.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Interesting take from a guy with a profile picture of a guy getting choked out.

Sincerely funny how much you guys celebrate doing dirty shit to other teams while simultaneously whining about the dirty shit done to you.
Not a Panthers fan, well maybe for this series he is.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Barkov full practice with regular visor on, what a surprise.

It's shocking, I tell you.

The lessons he's learned from who he proclaimed the spiritual leader of the Panthers in Tkachuk in practice are truly paying off.

There's some footage of Tkachuk, Bennett, and Cousins leading a drill this morning actually:

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Nuge beat the wheels off of both guys he fought and don’t you forget it.

Personally I’m glad Leon doesn’t fight. He’s got better things to do with his hands. (Also he has a broken finger. Probably from one of the many, many, many times he’s been slashed on the gloves these playoffs)

Or Bennett’s hit on Broberg, or Bennett’s knee on Bouchard - in fact, we can’t talk about any of the shady shit the Panthers do, only Oiler infractions are worthy of mentions.

Trust me, now one was more shocked than me when he trounced Monahan. I remember being disgusted, then laughing my ass off. Imagine carrying that loss around for the rest of your days!!

Listen, Drai is an ungodly talent. I'm sure he takes his fair share of abuse on the ice. But I'm an old fart, and I still believe in the "code". I think either Drai answers for the dirty shit he does, or he stops doing it.

Everyone knows he does it when things aren't going his way, so it's essentially a temper tantrum.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Mcdavid already took a leaping check to the face from Bennett who then circled back to stand over him. Nothing was called, little was said and mcdavid continued on.

Florida will be who they are regardless of whether Barkov is affected or not by the Drai hit. And that means taking liberties where they like but being disciplined when needed.

Obviously just a collision.
And “then circled back to stand over him” takes the cake.
You think it may be possible he communicated it wasn’t intentional? Nah, he must’ve been telling him he was gonna knock his block off next time. McDavid didn’t go back at him, I imagine he realized it was a collision after they both turned into each other.
Indeed you do see through prejudiced eyes.

Let’s be real, if Florida hadn’t already won that game he wouldn’t have missed a shift
It was 2-1 at the time, this theory is horseshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad