SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
And therein lies the problem with preferential treatment for "stars". Drai has done plenty of dirty things to warrant a suspension but never gets one. He's known to slewfoot, constantly cup-checking guys, hitting from behind, etc.

His hit on Barkov is so in his wheelhouse. When he gets frustrated, Pissy Leon comes out. He is lowkey one of the cheapest players in the league. I am not saying he's out to really hurt people like Torres and Burrows, but he can't control his emotions and lashes out when it's not going his way. The other night was a classic example.

He's a manchild that likes to take his frustrations out on the opposition and will never answer for it. Oilers like to shout from the rooftops about Chucky never answering the bell; well, it's been 9 years, and he's never dropped the gloves once. Not once. Jesus, even Nuge has managed two fights in his career.

So it's a circle jerk of......well he doesn't have a history!!
I don't get to see the west coast team enough in FL. I know very little about many, just the DFS numbers. I can tell you production, but not tendencies. Just can't have FL win, will never hear end of it. FLA fan starting to crawl out of the Everglades now that they are up 2-0...

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I don't get to see the west coast team enough in FL. I know very little about many, just the DFS numbers. I can tell you production, but not tendencies. Just can't have FL win, will never hear end of it. FLA fan starting to crawl out of the Everglades now that they are up 2-0...

I'm a huge fan of the Lightening, Pointer is a very good friend of the family. He grew up with my sister's son, he's family.

Take that same emotion and think what it would be like if Edmonton won. At least you guys have a couple of recent Cups to ease the pain.

The rest of Canada and the world would have to hear about it forever.

Jesus, they still drone on and on about the 5 Cups they won 40 years ago.......

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Brother, we have to put up with little schween Tampa fans in Sunrise crowing about their team's cups, in games not even involving the Lightning. That's how annoying your boys have been ever since you got a sniff of success.

Spare me this shit.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I'm a huge fan of the Lightening, Pointer is a very good friend of the family. He grew up with my sister's son, he's family.

Take that same emotion and think what it would be like if Edmonton won. At least you guys have a couple of recent Cups to ease the pain.

The rest of Canada and the world would have to hear about it forever.

Jesus, they still drone on and on about the 5 Cups they won 40 years ago.......
Cool. Point is great. We love him in Tampa.

We have the success penalty killing us right now, the core Stamkos, Kuecherov, Hedman, V. Alexis, Colton, Killorn, are costing too much to put together a team that can make a deep run. We have lost too much of the heart and soul guys - Palat, Killorn, Colton, Gourde, Maroon, and Miller.

We are a shell of what we were. But, that is the Cap.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Brother, we have to put up with little schween Tampa fans in Sunrise crowing about their team's cups, in games not even involving the Lightning. That's how annoying your boys have been ever since you got a sniff of success.

Spare me this shit.
Only hockey in town right now. Talking Panther hockey, I know it is like substituting Nyquil for Macallan but you have to take the hit where you can. Just hope my wife doesn't find out that I am slumming with gold chained rat loving types...

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If that exact hit happened to mcdavid I 100% would not be complaining about it as much as you have.

You've been on about it for 3 pages. Give it a rest

Everyone should really move on at this point. But it's not against the rules to keep discussing it. Barkov's status is still uncertain, so some Florida fans still have a right to be a little upset. Now if they are not a Florida fan, and just hate the Oilers, can't help them. lol.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Nah .. grabbing an unsuspecting player from behind then rear choking them with force like that is BS. Seen more players starting to do it.
If that is a “rear choke”, then every cross check, slash, hit, should be physical assault lol… this is insane that people are outraged at this. Maybe he applied too much force at the beginning, he obviously didn’t realize and let up when Bouchard let him know. There is such little room for injury in this play and clearly no intent that I’m flabbergasted people are offended with this. His intent is to restrain during a scrum. I know some will say intent doesn’t matter, think of the possible outcome and to that I say sure, if he’d held on for any length of time there’s potential for danger but that was nowhere near the case.

Give me any reason why this play is anything at all offensive or more dangerous than any other physical altercation in the nhl. How did it harm Bouchard? Was it anywhere within the realistic possibility of escalating from what it was? Is one person outraged that isn’t an oilers fan?

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Game 3 might be it for Edmoton. If they lose that, series is basically over. Then the clock starts ticking on Draisaitl and then McDavid the season after.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad