SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
McDavid needs to BURN that lucky grey suit.

Get a some lighter fluid and roast that thing

Since he has declared that his “lucky” suit he has been accosted by some degenerates trying to buy liquor and he has lost the 2 most important games of his career

Burn that thing today

• Haha
Reactions: behemolari

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
In every series the Oilers have had so far it seems like every game has gone back and forth between the teams. Very few games have been both teams playing good at the same time. We will see if that trend continues and it's the Oilers turn to play like they did in game one again and swing the momentum a little bit back the other way. I guess they will have to if want a chance in the series, obviously a loss and it's over.

Reactions: Tofveve

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I'll steer clear of discussing refs and cheap shots, and just comment on entertainment value of the first two games, since there is so little of it. The talent and level of play is as high as it has ever been, but watching Florida's defense clamp down after even a one-goal lead is getting tiresome. Of course they're perfectly coached, and playing that system is taking every ounce of their effort, but long spells with no real scoring chances is as exciting as watching the late 90's Devils. It is too bad this marquee series can't be more interesting.

Exactly. The Panthers are destroying the excitement with their style of play. They need to open it up so that McDrai has better scoring chances. If the Panthers do not figure it out by themselves then the league has impose a fine or even forfeit the wins for the Oilers. The Panthers' clutcg-and-grab and trap bs is killing this sport.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
the fact people thought Draisaitl was gonna get disciplined for his hit when Bennett received nothing for his hit to Marchand is something else
I'm betting Barkov plays Thursday...Marchand missed a few games

You better not cry one second if the shor goes the other way

No matter how dirty the hit they are all clean against Edmonton

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I'll steer clear of discussing refs and cheap shots, and just comment on entertainment value of the first two games, since there is so little of it. The talent and level of play is as high as it has ever been, but watching Florida's defense clamp down after even a one-goal lead is getting tiresome. Of course they're perfectly coached, and playing that system is taking every ounce of their effort, but long spells with no real scoring chances is as exciting as watching the late 90's Devils. It is too bad this marquee series can't be more interesting.
I actually think most of these playoffs the hockey has been pretty bad, at least in the Oilers series. Lots of games have been one team outplaying the other and/or one team hanging on to the lead and just spending half the game icing or clearing the puck. Very few games have been entertaining back and forth games. You get some fun out of it if your favorite team is winning but honestly if I was not a fan of the Oilers I would never watch these games, I think the entertainment from a pure hockey stand point is pretty bad. The Oilers are as guilty of it as any other team and this seems to be the style to win in the playoffs this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneSweep

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
the fact people thought Draisaitl was gonna get disciplined for his hit when Bennett received nothing for his hit to Marchand is something else
I'm betting Barkov plays Thursday...Marchand missed a few games
It doesn't matter at this point...the FL system is the problem for the oilers. They can't solve it and Skinner isn't a cup winning goalie.

Try Pickard. Probably have a better chance.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
You better not cry one second if the shor goes the other way

No matter how dirty the hit they are all clean against Edmonton
Twas dirty as shit.

This is the highest and most competitive stage in hockey.

Hopefully Drai can reflect on it, not do it again and score some f***ing goals!

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Exactly. The Panthers are destroying the excitement with their style of play. They need to open it up so that McDrai has better scoring chances. If the Panthers do not figure it out by themselves then the league has impose a fine or even forfeit the wins for the Oilers. The Panthers' clutcg-and-grab and trap bs is killing this sport.
I sure as hell hope this is sarcasm.

It doesn't matter at this point...the FL system is the problem for the oilers. They can't solve it and Skinner isn't a cup winning goalie.

Try Pickard. Probably have a better chance.
I didn't think Kuemper or Hill were cup-winning goalies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Twas dirty as shit.

This is the highest and most competitive stage in hockey.

Hopefully Drai can reflect on it, not do it again and score some f***ing goals!

The problem with the hit and non suspension is that this stage is far too big for bs like this

There’s a world of difference with Florida going to Edmonton with a 2-0 lead with healthy Barkov and going to Edmonton with a 2-0 lead and injured Barkov.

Reactions: behemolari

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I sure as hell hope this is sarcasm.

I didn't think Kuemper or Hill were cup-winning goalies.
"Adin Hill was 11-4-0 in 16 games with a goals against average of 2.17 and a save percentage of . 932 in the 2023 playoffs. He won his first Stanley Cup."

"Darcy Kuemper was 10-4-0 in 16 games with a goals against average of 2.57 and a save percentage of .902 in the 2022 playoffs"

Stuart Skinner2023-24EDMEDM181811700434452.51389.89611076

I do not think a sub .900 will win the cup, JMHO

Again...just my humble opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Might be the momentum shift we've all been waiting for!
????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad