SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I said Bob was over performing and got roasted for it! My memories of Bob are not the 2nd coming of Hasek or Roy. He has done well this year, but preseason he was not a top 10 G. Talk to people this series and he is THE top G in NHL.
He’s sporting a 2.02 GAA in the playoffs. After facing the Presidents Cup Winning team, and 4 of the top 5 regular season point leaders.

lol no one said that
lol you know this is a public forum right?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I said Bob was over performing and got roasted for it! My memories of Bob are not the 2nd coming of Hasek or Roy. He has done well this year, but preseason he was not a top 10 G. Talk to people this series and he is THE top G in NHL.
He’s a Vezina finalist who played the second most games next only to Helly. He already has one Vezina too.
You act like he’s some random scrub.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He’s a Vezina finalist who played the second most games next only to Helly. He already has one Vezina too.
You act like he’s some random scrub.

2 & he was Floridas MVP through last years playoff run

Yeah so far McD has him beat by one point playing in a higher scoring era against easier competition (Barkov & co. are great but they're no prime Zetterberg/Lidstrom and the like).

I’d argue this Barkov is pretty damm close

Panarin/Kucherov/Pasta/McDavid+Dra combined 1 goal at 5on5 vs Barkov

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
One thing you notice or I have noticed is how valuable Ekblad is to the Panthers when he is in the line up. He was the best player on the ice last night IMO. Very quiet understated game that were not so understated when it came to thwarting the Oilers offence.

Not talking about the choke hold on Bouchard either, this was the only thing I didn't like from him last night. Not sure why he did that. If you want to drop them, then drop them. Still he is a helluva player.

Reactions: Gizmo Tkachuk

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
If the mains are an accurate representation of the majority of a teams fanbase, then every fanbase is a toxic heap of flaming shite.

And even though HF isn't an accurate representation, pretty much every fanbase is exactly the same. People whine and cry foul when things don't go their way, and defend their team when things do go their way. Of course the way you feel about Barkov is how an Oilers fan would feel about McDavid. Any fan of any team would feel the same. Which makes it all the more hilariously mind boggling when they start insulting each other knowing full well things would be exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

If you just ignore the window lickers, there's plenty of rational fans on these boards. It's just a shame there's so many people who want to clean your windows for you.
Well, the main boards are where the mud pit is. It attracts those from each fanbase that like to wallow around and wrestle in it. Like a troll’s bat signal LoL

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
One thing you notice or I have noticed is how valuable Ekblad is to the Panthers when he is in the line up. He was the best player on the ice last night IMO. Very quiet understated game that were not so understated when it came to thwarting the Oilers offence.

Not talking about the choke hold on Bouchard either, this was the only thing I didn't like from him last night. Not sure why he did that. If you want to drop them, then drop them. Still he is a helluva player.

Ekblad is pretty good, both him and Forsling equally make each other that much better.
I'd say Ekblad is a poor man's Pietrangelo.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
He’s a Vezina finalist. Give it a rest.
Screw you, I agreed with another post.
He’s sporting a 2.02 GAA in the playoffs. After facing the Presidents Cup Winning team, and 4 of the top 5 regular season point leaders.

lol you know this is a public forum right?
I said he was over performing and questioned how long he could keep it up. Overperform means better than past playoff runs responding to a post showing a not so stellar last year. He was not even mentioned as top 10 preseason. What is the issue, never said he was bad this year. Even said if he keeps it up he is will win Conn Smythe. But, no one thought he would be the key to a Cup.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I can see the Oilers squeaking out a game 3 win. Home ice, basically a MUST win game, back against the wall, lots of pressure, etc. And I can see the Cats almost letting up again so the Oil blow their load for the win. Then game 4 the Cats pounce back and win 2 straight. Cats in 5.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Both teams were playing chippy last night. Eckblad's choke on Bouchard is just as worthy of being looked at. Bennett has been crossing the line constantly.
There is no way Barkov misses a game for that hit. No way Draisatl gets a suspension.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I'll steer clear of discussing refs and cheap shots, and just comment on entertainment value of the first two games, since there is so little of it. The talent and level of play is as high as it has ever been, but watching Florida's defense clamp down after even a one-goal lead is getting tiresome. Of course they're perfectly coached, and playing that system is taking every ounce of their effort, but long spells with no real scoring chances is as exciting as watching the late 90's Devils. It is too bad this marquee series can't be more interesting.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I'll steer clear of discussing refs and cheap shots, and just comment on entertainment value of the first two games, since there is so little of it. The talent and level of play is as high as it has ever been, but watching Florida's defense clamp down after even a one-goal lead is getting tiresome. Of course they're perfectly coached, and playing that system is taking every ounce of their effort, but long spells with no real scoring chances is as exciting as watching the late 90's Devils. It is too bad this marquee series can't be more interesting.
Edmonton only has like 3 or 4 players that are worth a damn. There’s not much else they can do. They’re already playing them 20+ mins.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Well, the main boards are where the mud pit is. It attracts those from each fanbase that like to wallow around and wrestle in it. Like a troll’s bat signal LoL
It's what makes it fun, all the animosity of different fan bases clashing. Like an extension of the battle that started in the game.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reminder: Going after fanbases continues to Not Be Okay. Do not do it, no matter what the circumstances.

If you think you see people behaving in a manner that is against site rules, report it; don't come here to complain about it.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• Haha
Reactions: King 88 and Cats711
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad