SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
From who, to who? There is no history between Florida and Edmonton lmao
You are not the main character lol

I just want to see more videos of fans going ballistic after the game. Winning it in the other side's barn would hurt.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Wouldn't expect anything else from a Panthers fan. Nurse would easily be the Panthers' best dman.
As a neutral fan, I hope you are just entertaining people here, because Darnell Nurse is not better than FLA 6D Kulikov ;) I mean Kulikov doesn't make those childish hockey school mistakes of going to the goalposts and sticking there vacating the crease for the scoring forward (Evan Rodrigues first goal of the Finals).

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It boggles my mind how this is not a DAL vs FLA final. We would have a great SCF - the Dallas depth matches the Florida depth with great goaltending and competent defensemen. They are now discussing the injury to Nurse on Sportsnet. Come on, he is not even a factor in this series, I mean, it's "addition by subtraction" and that's a 9.25 mln dollars "asset" that might be a healthy scratch next game.

"Controller disconnected" kinda play.

Suter and Petrovic aren't competent Dmen, sorry can't agree there. No team was going to finals with a relic and AHL D-Men in your d corp.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
It boggles my mind how this is not a DAL vs FLA final. We would have a great SCF - the Dallas depth matches the Florida depth with great goaltending and competent defensemen.
Yea.. It would have been so great. A team that got beat by a team that the Panthers are spanking without a problem.
Stars would have been dismantled just as easily. You're running a narrative that makes zero sense and that is what's mind-boggling.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
FLA has been impressive with its ability to reign in the physical stuff when needed this season. They've been fairly disciplined this series. Many of the penalties they've,been called for have been soft calls (same for EDM). FLA seems content on Trogdoring EDM in the gameplay dept and laughing at the seething.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Conveniently ignoring the rules as written, when doing so aids in one of the league's most marketable player's quest for the Cup, is Golden Boy treatment. Star players are given more leeway with their actions and the league has never tried to pretend otherwise.

Conversely, look at what Soucy was given a game for.
Conveniently ignoring the rules as written, when doing so aids in a rando's quest for the Cup, is not Golden Boy treatment.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
As a neutral fan, I'll also say that in addition to the Draisaitl hit on Barkov, the league should also look at Ekblad's choke hold on Bouchard. Should have been penalized at the time. Maybe a $5k fine is appropriate in this case, to send a message. Ekblad pushed it well beyond the scope of your typical post-whistle scrum/pulling guys out of the pile.

FLA has been impressive with its ability to reign in the physical stuff when needed this season. They've been fairly disciplined this series. Many of the penalties they've,been called for have been soft calls (same for EDM). FLA seems content on Trogdoring EDM in the gameplay dept and laughing at the seething.

The Verhaeghe penalty at the end of the 1st period of game 1 was pretty stupid, but that's about it from a Florida perspective.

Reactions: Neil Racki

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
If you can't beat em elbow them to the face and knock em out.
And that is new? Team is dragging and has no answer, what do you do? Send a message, spark up some emotion. This is not new to hockey, it is actually part of the culture. The hit was not flagrant, it was a hard hit on a top player.

When Bennett and Tkachuk do it, it is playing FL hockey. Good forecheck, right?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Yeah, there were a few weak calls to prevent escalation.
The beginning of next game will be insane with refs game management and skinny calls. Drai won't be suspended and the refs are going to do all they can to send the message to the Panthers not to retaliate/cross the line.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Guess the west may not be the best after all.
Considering how Florida's ragdolled the east these last two years, I'd say the east's reputation is being propped up by the Cats. They've beaten every alleged contender that conference has thrown at them, quite easily too.

Just like it was propped up by Tampa the 3 years prior. The east hasn't been elite since the Pens/Caps dominance in the mid/late 2010's

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Losing the 2 road games isn't the end of the world.

So far, Florida is definitely better. They win game 3 and this is over quick.

Sucks Holland didn't address our achilles heels in any meaningful way.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
It took Florida two periods to shake off the rust. (And they still took a lead into the 3rd period of game one).

Since then they have squashed and completely suffocated the Oilers for four straight periods.

Edmonton's only hope was to start taking out the Panthers best players, which at least they tried to do, (and perhaps did, if Barkov does not return).

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Drai is very good at laughing off and avoiding they dropping of they gloves.

Id guess Panthers push him a few times after whistle but nothing to the level of predatory retaliation.

Teams seem to be better at focusing on winning in playoffs vs sending a message in the SCF up 2 games to 0

I just want an A game from both teams game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad