SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Location checks out

It's playoffs. Rules are barely never enforced the way they should be. One game they let folks play, the other (like yesterday) they call you for breathing air. It's just how it is. Rarely they suspend players in playoffs (and in reg. season you get 2 games for things that should be 20) When they actually start to be consistent with this and DOPS then hockey will be better. For now, refering has been really bad and both sides got away with stuff. I understand your frustration but they got away with multiple stuff too in this round as well as other teams. Inconsistence by the NHL. So, yeah nothing will happen and the serie will go on.
“Location checks out....”
you can do better than this, can’t you?
Perhaps not, being original is so very difficult.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
the panthers were just rusty in game 1. The oilers are in big trouble now, they blew their chance to steal one. The panthers only get better the longer it goes. I thought panthers in 6 at the beginning, but now it looks like 4 or 5 is very possible.
I hope we let them win one game so we can win the cup at home, but I doubt that’ll happen.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
It'll be their first home game and refs exist to "manage a series" so Panthers had best be at their early possession best.
Actually, number was even. But EDM got hit with 3 misconducts and a 5 min. I think the last time I saw that was the Broad Street Bullies?

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
If Draisaitl isn't suspended for at least 1 game, it will be open season on McDavid in game 3. Florida probably has 3 or 4 guys chomping at the bit to go after him. Fans want old school hockey, and they'll get it.

Florida has pulled Edmonton into the deep end of the pool, and they're floundering. Florida has 'em right where they want 'em.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If Draisaitl isn't suspended for at least 1 game, it will be open season on McDavid in game 3. Florida probably has 3 or 4 guys chomping at the bit to go after him. Fans want old school hockey, and they'll get it.

Florida has pulled Edmonton into the deep end of the pool, and they're floundering. Florida has 'em right where they want 'em.

I hope Florida doesn't sink to their level and shows them up by beating them clean. Give Draisaitl something to cry about...

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

The Panthers don't have anything to threaten the Oilers. Nurse and Kane will grind Bennett and Tkachuk into minced meat if they'll start to target McDrai.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If the Oilers beat the Stars, this series would have been even more one-sided with Dallas in the west.

What world are you living in?

Dallas I would’ve been nervous about. They actually have competent defenseman, a good goalie, and forward depth.

I’m sure neutral fans would’ve wanted to see a competitive finals too.

This EDM team has no business being in the cup final and it's showing hard. The stars aligned for them to make it out of the West and now we all get a boring cup final. But hey congrats to FLA fans, I'm legit happy for you guys for pulling your first cup. I've always liked Paul Maurice too, so good for him.

EDM wins game 3, FLA takes games 4 and 5.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Conveniently ignoring the rules as written, when doing so aids in one of the league's most marketable player's quest for the Cup, is Golden Boy treatment. Star players are given more leeway with their actions and the league has never tried to pretend otherwise.

Conversely, look at what Soucy was given a game for.
Soucy was given a game for cross-checking McDavid when simultaneously Zadorov cross-checked MC from the back and he folded like a lawn chair. That was an unfortunate incident. I am sure Soucy doesn't get suspended if MC stays on his feet.

Reactions: Laus723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad