SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The oilers wouldn’t be the first to come back from 2-0 in a SCF, but they’ve got to do some serious adjustments going forward.

Draisaitl and Bouchard have especially got to figure out whatever is wrong, although I have a feeling we’re going to find out Draisaitl is injured after the series. He looks like he can barely skate

Reactions: New User Name

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Reactions: cotopaxi

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
With Barkov they would

He’s shutdown every superstar so far in these playoffs and key to Florida winning this series

He wasn’t cleared to get back into the game so there’s clearly damage done
Yeah, you got that right. Barkov has been gold this playoff. When you look at the names he has shut down, it is impressive even for a Panther-hater. He is a legit Conn Smythe contender if they win this thing, although I can't see anyone but Bob getting it. As much as I dislike him, he has been all-world this playoff.

Reactions: Laus723

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I'm not an Oilers fan but I am cheering for them in this series.

That said I don't think I've ever seen more hate to a team in my many years on hfboards than I have this year to Edmonton.

I agree there's been quite a few controversial calls/non calls but come on folks, the Panthers aren't angels.

and the nice names people are calling McDavid....Mc( fill in the blanks) I thought was against the rules.

Even some mods/admins are joining the hate party. lol

For the record, IMO,the only play that is worthy of a review by George is the hit on Barkov.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Lol, all is fair in love and war though, right?

What comes around goes around pal, just ask Marchand.
Show me the, left his feet and put elbow in someone’s grill, hits that the Panthers have done. Go ahead, they must be plentiful and easy to find....
They are aggressive and hit everything and everyone, but go ahead and show the hits Panthers have thrown like this one on another team’s top player.

Reactions: MK9 and Laus723

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Show me the, left his feet and put elbow in someone’s grill, hits that the Panthers have done. Go ahead, they must be plentiful and easy to find....
They are aggressive and hit everything and everyone, but go ahead and show the hits Panthers have thrown like this one on another team’s top player.

Maybe Bennett should show his appreciation once again...

And who cares about Marchand? Is he playing in this series?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
The oilers wouldn’t be the first to come back from 2-0 in a SCF, but they’ve got to do some serious adjustments going forward.

Draisaitl and Bouchard have especially got to figure out whatever is wrong, although I have a feeling we’re going to find out Draisaitl is injured after the series. He looks like he can barely skate
Solve Bob and they have a chance. I don't think the Panthers dominated in game 1.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah, you got that right. Barkov has been gold this playoff. When you look at the names he has shut down, it is impressive even for a Panther-hater. He is a legit Conn Smythe contender if they win this thing, although I can't see anyone but Bob getting it. As much as I dislike him, he has been all-world this playoff.

Before game 1 Barkov was the leader for Florida by bettors, game 1 probably gives Bob the lead currently.

Kucherov, Panarin, Pasta, McDavid, Drai have combined for 1 goal at 5on5 vs Barkov these playoffs

If he’s seriously hurt I’d put my money on Edmonton, nobody is as valuable as Barkov right now

Reactions: RMF5630

Wlodarczyk

Feb 14, 2016
Quebec
I'm not an Oilers fan but I am cheering for them in this series.

That said I don't think I've ever seen more hate to a team in my many years on hfboards than I have this year to Edmonton.

I agree there's been quite a few controversial calls/non calls but come on folks, the Panthers aren't angels.

and the nice names people are calling McDavid....Mc( fill in the blanks) I thought was against the rules.

Even some mods/admins are joining the hate party. lol

For the record, IMO,the only play that is worthy of a review by George is the hit on Barkov.
Yeah I saw a lot of posts like these with insults and everything fine. I am not even a fan of both teams and I just said elbow should be suspendable but bennet did the same and nothing so Panthers side should not be furious. Then get insta moderated censored. No insults. Very disappointed in this but in the end it's playoffs and I doubt anything happen, just want some good hockey but both games been boring tbh

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Oilers were gifted multiple powerplays to try and "get them going" including powerplays at crucial, potential momentum swinging moments.

If you're an Oilers fan and you're complaining about officiating then may God help your soul because you are lost in the desert my friend.

Look at the regular season, they are always gifted powerplays and sit at the top of the league every year with the #1 PP smoking teams. They are shocked to not get a call every time they throw themselves all over the ice diving.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yeah I saw a lot of posts like these with insults and everything fine. I am not even a fan of both teams and I just said elbow should be suspendable but bennet did the same and nothing so Panthers side should not be furious. Then get insta moderated censored. No insults. Very disappointed in this but in the end it's playoffs and I doubt anything happen, just want some good hockey but both games been boring tbh
What does the refs failing to penalize Bennett have to do with a clear as day elbow to the head of Florida's best player? And what does that hit have to do with this one?? Kane blasted Tkachuk and Bennett in game 1 with no call, that shit happens.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
To the worried Oiler’s Fans I’ll say this:

This year for the Oilers has reminded me a lot of the 2009 Season for the Penguins. I’ve been saying this from early on. They started off underachieving, fired their coach, hired a rookie coach in Dan Bylsma, and won the Stanley Cup against a loaded Detroit team.

The Penguins also lost the first two games of that series in Detroit eventually winning the Cup in 7 in Detroit.
Another similarity-- the league didn't suspend Malkin for instigating a fight in the final minutes of one of those games. With Golden Boy treatment, which Draisaitl will receive, anything is possible.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The Oilers' strategy has played out perfectly thus far. They've focused on setting tone for the series, throwing big hits, etc. and now they are in a perfect situation to turn the series in their favor. The Panthers have gotten couple lucky bounces with the puck and they are in the lead now not because of their skills or effort but because the Oilers have allowed them to get to where they are now. Oilers in 6.

Last edited:

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Another similarity-- the league didn't suspend Malkin for instigating a fight in the final minutes of one of those games. With Golden Boy treatment, which Draisaitl will receive, anything is possible.
TIL treating one player the same as any other player is 'Golden Boy treatment'.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Look at the regular season, they are always gifted powerplays and sit at the top of the league every year with the #1 PP smoking teams. They are shocked to not get a call every time they throw themselves all over the ice diving.

If the Oilers wouldn't concentrate so much on trying to buy calls, maybe they wouldn't be in this mess.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
And you forgot the whack to Kulikov's nuts late in the game too
Yes, the Draisaitl special from Carrick. I bet it turned on Drai so much. I have a feeling Carrick got an invite for a sleepover with Papa Drai.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
SWEEP

Lets go Panthers!

Edmonton does not even make the playoffs if they were in the Atlantic. They got a free pass playing against trash teams in the west as they always do every season. They have played against LA the last three seasons in a row in the first round of the playoffs, Cam Talbot, then you have the Vancouver Canucks who have not made the playoffs in eight years, what a joke. Then Dallas is a middle of the pack team in the east. I will say it again. Edmonton does not make the playoffs in the Atlantic.
You're right in that Edmonton had the easiest path a team could ask for, but they're only here because Dallas had the hardest path imaginable. Edmonton would not have made it past all 3 of Dallas, Colorado, and Vegas.

The east is awful and is propped up by the two Florida teams dominating. Florida has ragdolled every shitty team in the east.. oh wait those are supposed to be contenders? Yet Vegas rolled right over the team that shit pounded the east last year. Funny how that works

Reactions: Sergei DRW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad