SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Edmonton can still make it a series, but I have zero doubt Florida will win the cup. I think Edmonton will win the cup…next year

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
So McDavid is fair game going forward, because of what happened between Bennett and Marchand in round 2? Next up, running goalies. Whoever wins, it'll be a 4th liner hoisting the cup because everyone else is injured? :D
McD is difficult to catch, Drai on the other hand...

Why is Florida hiring 80 year-old security guards? haha

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
If barkov misses games n drai is not suspended hes fair game imo. Obv to a certain degree. Mcdavid? No you don"t target him simply because he is mcdavid. Keep some integrity.

• Haha
Reactions: King 88

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Edmonton exposed big time last night…looked like all the rest. Cats are simply a level up and that’s why we are a team of destiny for years to come..

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
So McDavid is fair game going forward, because of what happened between Bennett and Marchand in round 2? Next up, running goalies. Whoever wins, it'll be a 4th liner hoisting the cup because everyone else is injured? :D
There is a reason we have the maxim, live by the sword, die by the sword.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah I saw that too but to be fair most GDTs would probably have the same reaction. It's an in the moment thing so I get it.

There were also a few not defending the hit as well.
If Bennett didn't get suspended for literally rabbit punching Marchand in the temple
knocking him out for several games, then Draisaital shouldn't get any suspension either. Just a hit gone over the line a bit. Not Draisaitl's fault Barkov has a glass chin.

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The played against an AHL keeper and EP40 and some others not showing up at all.
Terrible take here. They were absolutely way better than LA and a bit better than Vancouver. Dallas wasn't as strong as Van, so they weren't beating them either.

Series is far from over and I expect a win commiserate with what Edmonton did to Vegas last year in G2.

1 goal in two games ain't gonna cut it Edmonton. Even though I hate players getting injured I like that there's some legit bad blood. I could use a 90s style red wings avalanche brawling.
Boston vs Vancouver will do.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Honestly the series feels like a toss up still if Barkov missed games. He’s a big reason for edmontons limited chances. Not the only reason, but Maurice’s post game interviews don’t sound optimistic

That could be a big boost to Edmonton. They can look bad, then score goals in bunches so it’s not over.

Mar 26, 2010
SWEEP

Lets go Panthers!

How did Edmonton even make it to the finals? Serious question.
Edmonton does not even make the playoffs if they were in the Atlantic. They got a free pass playing against trash teams in the west as they always do every season. They have played against LA the last three seasons in a row in the first round of the playoffs, Cam Talbot, then you have the Vancouver Canucks who have not made the playoffs in eight years, what a joke. Then Dallas is a middle of the pack team in the east. I will say it again. Edmonton does not make the playoffs in the Atlantic.

Last edited:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
If Bennett didn't get suspended for literally rabbit punching Marchand in the temple
knocking him out for several games, then Draisaital shouldn't get any suspension either. Just a hit gone over the line a bit. Not Draisaitl's fault Barkov has a glass chin.
Bro literally jumped into a hit. And nobody is sympathetic to Marchand, while Barkov is the last guy who deserves a hit to the head

The oilers got an opponent suspended for crosschecking McDavid higher than he intended to.

By that standard, and if Barkov missed games Drai absolutely should miss at least one game

But you know the NHL, the more obvious something should be a suspension, the more obvious it will be a meaningless find.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
To the worried Oiler’s Fans I’ll say this:

This year for the Oilers has reminded me a lot of the 2009 Season for the Penguins. I’ve been saying this from early on. They started off underachieving, fired their coach, hired a rookie coach in Dan Bylsma, and won the Stanley Cup against a loaded Detroit team.

The Penguins also lost the first two games of that series in Detroit eventually winning the Cup in 7 in Detroit.

• Haha
Reactions: ProjectPanthers

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bro literally jumped into a hit. And nobody is sympathetic to Marchand, while Barkov is the last guy who deserves a hit to the head

The oilers got an opponent suspended for crosschecking McDavid higher than he intended to.

By that standard, and if Barkov missed games Drai absolutely should miss at least one game

But you know the NHL, the more obvious something should be a suspension, the more obvious it will be a meaningless find.
That's hockey baby.

BTW, sympathy has zero to do with it. A dirty hit is a dirty hit. If Barkov misses the rest of the series and LD scores the winning goal in one of the next games you'll
whine till the cows come home.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

This year for the Oilers has reminded me a lot of the 2009 Season for the Penguins. I’ve been saying this from early on. They started off underachieving, fired their coach, hired a rookie coach in Dan Bylsma, and won the Stanley Cup against a loaded Detroit team.

The Penguins also lost the first two games of that series in Detroit eventually winning the Cup in 7 in Detroit.
Yeah but you forgot the part that Skinner plays net for Edmonton, which is kind of an important difference.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
It took the cats 40 minutes to get their legs under them. They've dominated play 5 on 5 ever since. Just watch and you’ll see it’s like they're playing against an AHL team.
The Oilers have nothing outside of the top line. I mean Foegele and Mcleod are completely useless. So is surprisingly Henrique, Perry is just a "passenger" on this roster at this point. Of course it is an AHL constructed team, it's amazing how they got so far on the backs of only two guys+Bouchard.

How did Edmonton even make it to the finals? Serious question.
And that's a good question. We rarely see a "one line team" making it this far. Not these days anyways with parity in the league and stuff.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010

Against a depleted worn out Detroit team from all that playoff hockey with Datsyuk playing on one leg or not playing at all in the finals, Franzen with a concussion. This is not so far back in time to not remember that.

1 goal in two games ain't gonna cut it Edmonton. Even though I hate players getting injured I like that there's some legit bad blood. I could use a 90s style red wings avalanche brawling.
Nah, there is no "Claude Lemieux" type of player on the Oilers to really send a message and hate their guts. But will be an interesting series going forward if the League allows a "free pass out of jail" card for Drai.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
This series is looking exactly as I predicted, as the Oilers get nothing done against the Panthers who dominate the game 5v5. What surprised me is how dirty the Oilers start to play when they get outplayed, embarrassing stuff.

I said I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Panthers sweep the series but now that Barkov's been headshotted I think the Oilers might win one at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad