SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
the panthers were just rusty in game 1. The oilers are in big trouble now, they blew their chance to steal one. The panthers only get better the longer it goes. I thought panthers in 6 at the beginning, but now it looks like 4 or 5 is very possible.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
The oilers wouldn’t be the first to come back from 2-0 in a SCF, but they’ve got to do some serious adjustments going forward.

Draisaitl and Bouchard have especially got to figure out whatever is wrong, although I have a feeling we’re going to find out Draisaitl is injured after the series. He looks like he can barely skate
That's how he plays.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
TIL treating one player the same as any other player is 'Golden Boy treatment'.
Conveniently ignoring the rules as written, when doing so aids in one of the league's most marketable player's quest for the Cup, is Golden Boy treatment. Star players are given more leeway with their actions and the league has never tried to pretend otherwise.

Conversely, look at what Soucy was given a game for.

Wlodarczyk

Feb 14, 2016
Quebec
What does the refs failing to penalize Bennett have to do with a clear as day elbow to the head of Florida's best player? And what does that hit have to do with this one?? Kane blasted Tkachuk and Bennett in game 1 with no call, that shit happens.
Location checks out

It's playoffs. Rules are barely never enforced the way they should be. One game they let folks play, the other (like yesterday) they call you for breathing air. It's just how it is. Rarely they suspend players in playoffs (and in reg. season you get 2 games for things that should be 20) When they actually start to be consistent with this and DOPS then hockey will be better. For now, refering has been really bad and both sides got away with stuff. I understand your frustration but they got away with multiple stuff too in this round as well as other teams. Inconsistence by the NHL. So, yeah nothing will happen and the serie will go on.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
This series is basically NJ Devils vs Red Wings 1995...
THAT WAS A SERIES! So how is channeling their inner-Claude? Bennett? Draisaitl?

The replay looks like Draisaitl just trucked Barkov, the elbow was not extended and it was a lot of body on body. So, my vote goes to Bennett.

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Location checks out

It's playoffs. Rules are barely never enforced the way they should be. One game they let folks play, the other (like yesterday) they call you for breathing air. It's just how it is. Rarely they suspend players in playoffs (and in reg. season you get 2 games for things that should be 20) When they actually start to be consistent with this and DOPS then hockey will be better. For now, refering has been really bad and both sides got away with stuff. I understand your frustration but they got away with multiple stuff too in this round as well as other teams. Inconsistence by the NHL. So, yeah nothing will happen and the serie will go on.
And if Benny got suspended, he’d earned it. So did Kane in game 1.

And yeah, I live in Florida.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Oilers are in an obvious must win game 3 situation. We'll see soon enough if their team and stars can get it done on biggest stage soon enough.

Florida, your team is impressive!!! Even when playing terrible, they won 3-0 1st game. Now they're 2 wins away from glory. Most Lightning fans will be upset with all that, but I'd actually be happy for Florida fans and their good players. Enjoy the ride, it's an awesome one for sure.... :)

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Edmonton is 0-7 on the pp, the reffs are bs

Drai gets only 2mins for flying elbow, the reffs hate us

Great time playing the victim card
The frustrated Oil is just trying to goon it up. Time to go after Oilers stars to send a message - you either referee the game in a normal manner according to the NHL rulebook or it's "anything goes".

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
THAT WAS A SERIES! So how is channeling their inner-Claude? Bennett? Draisaitl?

The replay looks like Draisaitl just trucked Barkov, the elbow was not extended and it was a lot of body on body. So, my vote goes to Bennett.
He did leave his feet. No doubt about that. But his elbows were tucked no doubt. The hit happens 10 x a game. Unfortunate outcome.

No different then the major earlynin the game. Bennet had similar hit on Bouchard, Bouchard states away 2 min penalty. Foegle has similar hit om Florida player who drops amd has a near death erperiamce amd foegle gets 5 minute major. Let's not forget Florida player was right back his next shift as well🤷

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What’s the over/under for the number of power plays the Oilers get in game three? Five?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He did leave his feet. No doubt about that. But his elbows were tucked no doubt. The hit happens 10 x a game. Unfortunate outcome.

No different then the major earlynin the game. Bennet had similar hit on Bouchard, Bouchard states away 2 min penalty. Foegle has similar hit om Florida player who drops amd has a near death erperiamce amd foegle gets 5 minute major. Let's not forget Florida player was right back his next shift as well🤷
That"s one of the most redacted take I've seen on here, bravo :laugh:

Reactions: JKG33 and Ratsreign

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017

That hit does not happen 10 times a game. In fact 1st of the Playoffs. 1 game for Pissy.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Come on man, Ekholm is a legit top 4 d man and Hyman is a quality top 6F. It isn't just
2-29-97 on Edmonton.
When McDrai isn't scoring Hyman also disappears as evident by these Finals. Put Hyman on any other line than McDrai and you won't even notice him on the scoreboard. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad