SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Somehow I have a feeling Edm fans will change their tune if same happens to McDavid
They’d better hope he gets suspended. But either way, next game is gonna be a blood bath and Edmonton isn’t built for that type of game. They’re not built for any type of game now that I think about it.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Another similarity-- the league didn't suspend Malkin for instigating a fight in the final minutes of one of those games. With Golden Boy treatment, which Draisaitl will receive, anything is possible.
All I remember is Malkin beating that ass. Sorry lol. There was no chance they were suspending anybody for that when the next game was that important. In any era. For any player. Period.

• Wow
Reactions: Sergei DRW

HANK30

Tom Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
Not really. Those Devils were mean sob's. Stevens taking out Kozlov flat out of the game - this would be a suspension in today's NHL. The oil is just dirty - they know they can get away with that dirty stuff because the league favors "the golden boy".

I meant that the Oilers, like the 95 Wings, are the more talented team but are getting outplayed badly.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Dallas I would’ve been nervous about. They actually have competent defenseman, a good goalie, and forward depth.

I’m sure neutral fans would’ve wanted to see a competitive finals too.
It boggles my mind how this is not a DAL vs FLA final. We would have a great SCF - the Dallas depth matches the Florida depth with great goaltending and competent defensemen. They are now discussing the injury to Nurse on Sportsnet. Come on, he is not even a factor in this series, I mean, it's "addition by subtraction" and that's a 9.25 mln dollars "asset" that might be a healthy scratch next game.

Hard to tell when Nurse is hurt, isn't he usually playing without a brain?
"Controller disconnected" kinda play.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
It boggles my mind how this is not a DAL vs FLA final. We would have a great SCF - the Dallas depth matches the Florida depth with great goaltending and competent defensemen. They are now discussing the injury to Nurse on Sportsnet. Come on, he is not even a factor in this series, I mean, it's "addition by subtraction" and that's a 9.25 mln dollars "asset" that might be a healthy scratch next game.

Yeah it would’ve been much more entertaining for sure.

Nurse is a non-factor. No idea what they’re gonna do for the next 8 years or whatever it is. $9M tied up into someone who isn’t even a #6 D lol.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
I meant that the Oilers, like the 95 Wings, are the more talented team but are getting outplayed badly.
Are you serious? The Oilers have 3 elite guys, you won't even remember the rest of their roster when the season is over. Who plays the 4th line for example? Perry, the celebrity?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Definitely still a sore spot for Stars fans, and a wasted opportunity by the team on what would've indeed been a great Finals matchup.

That said, there's certainly the chance those same Stars would've dropped the first two in Florida as well.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

Yup. At the start of the playoffs I was hoping for a VGK-FLA rematch. And it would've happened too if not for them losing and LA winning on the last day of the season.

Vegas would've made light work of Edmonton and Vancouver. And Dallas wouldn't have been beaten down from a round 1 war, those two should've been the WCF and we'd be in a much more competitive SCF.

Edmonton got the easiest draw imaginable and now the hockey world is paying for it. I really hope this is the straw that breaks the camels back regarding this garbage playoff format.

And lmao exactly

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Yeah it would’ve been much more entertaining for sure.

Nurse is a non-factor. No idea what they’re gonna do for the next 8 years or whatever it is. $9M tied up into someone who isn’t even a #6 D lol.
The Oilers wish he was only a non factor. He's an outright liability. He's like the mayham dude from the All-State commercials

Reactions: Sergei DRW

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007

I don't see the Oilers as the more talented team here. I mean maybe their top two players are more talented, but Florida isn't lacking in talent and they have a good balance of it all around. This is back to back finals appearances for Florida.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Yes, but those elite guys are at the top of the league, much like Yzerman, Fedorov, and Lidstrom were in 95.
Detroit had many more elite players, multiple Stanley Cup champion Paul Coffey to name one. This looks more like a 97 Finals with "big bad Flyers" who were man-handled by Kocur and Konstantinov. Oh, and a 4 game sweep.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They’d better hope he gets suspended. But either way, next game is gonna be a blood bath and Edmonton isn’t built for that type of game. They’re not built for any type of game now that I think about it.

Wouldn't expect anything else from a Panthers fan. Nurse would easily be the Panthers' best dman.

Huh? Nurse pretty clearly #5 behind Forsling, Montour, OEL, and even Ekbad.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad