SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
This is one of the very few games this playoffs where Florida got doubled on shots. It was their worst game of the playoffs, they will be a lot better from here. Vintage Panthers was there in the 3rd period.

The first game between two teams that haven’t played against each other a lot are usually to test the waters and get a feel for their opponent. Maurice will adjust just like he did in the 3rd period.
and it was the worst finishing from the Oilers so it can only get better, am I right?

Should tell you something about what other people think of your fanbase.
saltiness and jealousy...I'm ok with it

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
This is one of the very few games this playoffs where Florida got doubled on shots. It was their worst game of the playoffs, they will be a lot better from here. Vintage Panthers was there in the 3rd period.

The first game between two teams that haven’t played against each other a lot are usually to test the waters and get a feel for their opponent. Maurice will adjust just like he did in the 3rd period.
When did you become a Panthers fan? I love it!

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
presidents trophy winner is led by regular season wizards that couldn't crack 1 ppg in the playoffs to save the queen and Boston's 1-2 are Coyle and Zacha 🤣
I mean, you're not necessarily wrong. But you're also not giving Panthers credit for shutting down the best powerplays the league had to offer, and some of the best offensive forwards in the league.

I could just as well say that the Oilers didn't have to face a goaltending trio anywhere close to as lethal as Vasi, Swayman and Shesterkin to discredit their run. But that'd be dumb because every team has their journey and different obstacles they had to face. For instance, I don't think Florida went up against a team as deep as Dallas. I'd also say Vancouver was about on par with Boston.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Bit of a hot take I been getting crapped all playoffs but I never really been impressed with the Panthers all playoffs. Not saying they are a bad team and they were the better team in all their series but I was never like, “wow nobody is stopping them” impressed like say previous cup teams like Tampa or Colorado and others.

Again not saying they are a bad team but other then the Tampa series and early in the Boston series, they just always looked beatable to me. I could also say that about every team in the league and Florida could still win the cup with how they played.

I do think this season is when the league is really feeling the effects of talent being deluded from expansion and flat cap for years. It might also explain why a team like Washington made the playoffs and the playoffs this year have been kinda dull compared to other playoff years.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Bobrovsky was pretty good, but the Oilers missed so many opportunities. That's the kind of game that they should have won.

All they can do now is not take their foot off the gas. Keep swarming these Panthers! Bob will crack eventually!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
He’s like a Marchand type player, you hate him but wish you had him playing for the team you watch
I hate him but I secretly respect him. Well respect is the wrong word since he’s kind of a puke, but I like my hockey players big, mean and nasty so.

While I want Edm to win because I’m Canadian, if Florida wins I’ll be fine with it since it’s a copycat league and teams will try to get big, mean, physical and aggressive. The mythical “new NHL” of small, skilled and speedy is over (but big, mean, fast and skilled doesn’t grow on trees, alas). Just stay away from the pukey part (I know, I know, “Marchand” lol).

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Bit of a hot take I been getting crapped all playoffs but I never really been impressed with the Panthers all playoffs. Not saying they are a bad team and they were the better team in all their series but I was never like, “wow nobody is stopping them” impressed like say previous cup teams like Tampa or Colorado and others.

Again not saying they are a bad team but other then the Tampa series and early in the Boston series, they just always looked beatable to me. I could also say that about every team in the league and Florida could still win the cup with how they played.

I do think this season is when the league is really feeling the effects of talent being deluded from expansion and flat cap for years. It might also explain why a team like Washington made the playoffs and the playoffs this year have been kinda dull compared to other playoff years.
They’re unrelenting. They pressure constantly and hit constantly and never take a shift off. And they can maintain it for an entire game. And even when they’re getting outplayed they still make it hard and don’t give you enough time and space to allow you to get to your skill. It’s their relentlessness that’s tough to beat.

Edit: plus, you know, goaltending.

Edit 2 lol: but Edmonton was pretty unrelenting tonight too. Bury some chances and then we’ll see how it goes.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
It's a bit easier to swallow this one when you don't score. You tip your cap to the the other goalie who was the difference, and do it all over again for game 2.

Do they not have any options better than pairing up nurse and ceci? They can very well be the difference in a one goal game down the road in this series, and if game 1 was any indication, the margins are going to be tight.
Nurse-Kulak, apparently.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

This Florida team is much better than last years roster. Be glad Nic Cousins is no longer on the 2nd line, having to rely on him for offense like last years final. Tarasenko was such a good pick up even if he plays on the 3rd line, but he started the playoffs on Barkovs wing. Lomberg who is a very good 4th liner isnt even in the lineup. But I think we could see him playing a game or two if this series gets chippy. Surprising solid play from Okposo.

But the biggest thing is they went through the heartbreak of last years final and this year they are better and fully healthy. Bob even said he was disappointed by his performance last years cup final and I think we see him redeem himself this year.

This Florida team is a cup winning roster.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If anyone is surprised by this game, you don't have a clue. Florida got the job done and shut right down

This Florida team is much better than last years roster. Be glad Nic Cousins is no longer on the 2nd line, having to rely on him for offense like last years final. Tarasenko was such a good pick up even if he plays on the 3rd line, but he started the playoffs on Barkovs wing. Lomberg who is a very good 4th liner isnt even in the lineup. But I think we could see him playing a game or two if this series gets chippy. Surprising solid play from Okposo.

But the biggest thing is they went through the heartbreak of last years final and this year they are better and fully healthy. Bob even said he was disappointed by his performance last years cup final and I think we see him redeem himself this year.

This Florida team is a cup winning roster.
The big difference between Florida 2023 and 2024 is health

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

Congratulations on spewing a bunch of meaningless text. Sorry about your Leafs, but not really.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Congratulations on spewing a bunch of meaningless text. Sorry about your Leafs, but not really.
Never mention them and didn’t plan to but good to know they still live rent free in peoples heads lol
These type of call out usually make me chuckle so go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad