SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It’s not his fault he’s paired with Nurse bringing those numbers down
Nurse has excellent numbers away from Ceci, while Ceci has still been getting caved in without Nurse:

The numbers would suggest Ceci has been significantly worse than Nurse.

Nurse's 5v5 numbers are actually really good without Ceci. Can't say the same for Ceci without Nurse:

Nurse w/ Ceci (167:04 TOI)
34.4% xG%
36.6% HDCF%

Nurse w/o Ceci (150:43 TOI)
58.8% xG%
56.7% HDCF%

Ceci w/o Nurse (153:54 TOI)
39.5% xG%
43.2% HDCF%

They have been god-awful together though. Don't understand why they've been allowed to be a pair for so long.

Reactions: PuckG

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Goalies can win you a series. Only so much you can do when you dominate the game but the other goalie is playing at Hasek level. Bobrovsky is amazing. Seeing him compared to Skinner in terms of how mobile and confident they are in the net is night and day.

I expect Edmonton to outplay Florida for most of the series...I don't think any team can hang with Edmonton but goaltending is always going to be the difference maker for this group.

The Nurse-Ceci pairing is untenable. They've been caved in all playoffs and were reunited in game 1 to poor results.
I don't blame Skinner at all for game 1.
All shots were quick high snap/wristers.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I already posted the graph earlier. Lead the playoffs in 5 on 5 goals.

They're in the cup finals now and are putting together a streak of not scoring at ES. Their stats earlier in the playoffs don't mean anything to their current play.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Goalies can win you a series. Only so much you can do when you dominate the game but the other goalie is playing at Hasek level. Bobrovsky is amazing. Seeing him compared to Skinner in terms of how mobile and confident they are in the net is night and day.

I expect Edmonton to outplay Florida for most of the series...I don't think any team can hang with Edmonton but goaltending is always going to be the difference maker for this group.

The Nurse-Ceci pairing is untenable. They've been caved in all playoffs and were reunited in game 1 to poor results.
You don’t think Florida can hang with Edmonton based on a two period sample size in one game?
That’s an interesting take. I’d wait a few games before making that type of conclusion.

Reactions: Laus723

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
  • Haha
Reactions: Coffey

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Eh... Just one goal differential.
Before the last game, we were above lol

BLAME CECI AND NURSE OK

You are where you are because of your specialty teams, not your five on five play. +17 on special teams, -1 at five on five.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how you win these games, but it's easy to see what drives your team.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
You are where you are because of your specialty teams, not your five on five play. +17 on special teams, -1 at five on five.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how you win these games, but it's easy to see what drives your team.
True true... Oilers hockey is chaotic on 5v5 for sure.
As many going in for us, that many go in for the opponent.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Edmonton largely dominated game one and got goalied.

If dosent mean they dominated every minutes or the next game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nah, it’s fun to mock those who pretend Kane and nurse are some sort of unnerving physical factor. Pizza boy in particular!
To be fair, Kane’s physical factor and intimidation did make Kadri dive and break his own thumb.

Playing supposedly better 5v5 teams like Dallas and Vancouver to a stale mate, then torching them with our elite special teams is not a bad strategy. Maybe if other teams did it they’d have made the Cup finals too.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad