SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
Why would the top scoring 5v5 team need PPs?
Because all teams win some games with PP goals and it's a good chance to score.
When you have the best/2nd best PP, you want PP's.

Its also 2 minutes of ozone pressure. Which Im sure all teams want.

Reactions: Spaced Cowboy

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
And Florida won the game. I'm not sure why it's supposed to be a good thing for the Oilers that Florida played poorly and still won.

The Oilers now have the upper hand in the series because they they were in the driver's seat through out the game. Sure, the Panthers have the undeserved lead in the series but one cannot underestimate the psychological disadvantage that the Panthers now have to deal with. The Oilers toughness is something to behold and the panthers players are obviously apprehensive when engaged in board battles. Oilers in 5.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
To be fair, Kane’s physical factor and intimidation did make Kadri dive and break his own thumb.

Playing supposedly better 5v5 teams like Dallas and Vancouver to a stale mate, then torching them with our elite special teams is not a bad strategy. Maybe if other teams did it they’d have made the Cup finals too.
You’re confusing physical factor and dirty player. They are not the same thing.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It was this year, about last year, by Casey Affleck. Not about to enter any Bruins competition with you, i was only being sarcastic to the cry baby who i quoted.
Lol yeah I recall that. Affleck is a clown and ok, gotcha on the intent of the post. Wasn’t trying to be a jerk. Enjoy the game man

Reactions: elmaco

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
The Oilers now have the upper hand in the series because they they were in the driver's seat through out the game. Sure, the Panthers have the undeserved lead in the series but one cannot underestimate the psychological disadvantage that the Panthers now have to deal with. The Oilers toughness is something to behold and the panthers players are obviously apprehensive when engaged in board battles. Oilers in 5.
I just hope Corey Perry doesn't play tonight. Sick of him scaring all the Panthers players with his veteran grit.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Yep. The immediate things that leap to mind when I study the Panthers are physical timidity and mental weakness!!

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
4-2 Oilers
IMG_5404.gif

This must of been what it was like when the Roman emperor Constantine converted to Christianity on his death bed.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
😂 it’s always celebrated as “a taste of his own medicine”

that means it’s not a penalty,
Well of course. Bennet started by targeting McDavid....Kane responded, im glad he did. Both should have been penalties.
I'm sure if Kane started off the game by "accidentally," hitting Barkov away from the puck you would be happy to get revenge.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Well of course. Bennet started by targeting McDavid....Kane responded, im glad he did. Both should have been penalties.
I'm sure if Kane started off the game by "accidentally," hitting Barkov away from the puck you would be happy to get revenge.
McDavid and Bennett turned into each other, wasn’t intentional. The ref was right there watching it. 97 didn’t even look upset about it when it happened.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
McDavid and Bennett turned into each other, wasn’t intentional. The ref was right there watching it. 97 didn’t even look upset about it when it happened.
I did like how Bennett just stared him down and hovered over him afterwards.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
It’s nice to have Florida resident, local hero and sports gambling guru Dave Portnoy in the Oilers corner. Nobody has done more for the city of Miami than that guy. In Florida men want to be him, women want to be with him and children tell their fathers that they wish Dave Portnoy was they dad.

You won’t find a local Panthers fan in Edmonton, panthers are hated there, they are a nuisance animal and Albertans are encouraged to hunt them. But not shoot them because that’s too easy for those vermin. Albertans have been known to kill them with their bare hands. The Panthers like to complain that they use cheap shots but they just can’t handle the devastating violence of hand to hand combat, which is why they cower and hide in mountainous regions out of the reach of superior Albertans, it’s why they are known as mountain lions here and not panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad