Value of: Scandella or Brodin to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Top end talent really isnt traded any more. You've gotta draft and develop. Minny isnt really doing this with a 4 pick 2016 draft.

Im guessing that minny fans arent really looking at the leafs prospect pool, because its incredibly deep.

If i were you id be dam interested in guys like Bracco, Timashov, Johnsson, Brown. Definitely mystery boxes, but these guys really could pay off huge.

There's a difference in being interested in the player, and willing to trade a current top 4, 20+ minute a night defender for them for a team with playoff aspirations. I'm sure the Wild would love to have all those players in their system. I'm also sure they aren't willing to make their current team weaker, and make the Wild more vulnerable to the expansion draft to do it.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Most fan bases sell JVR short. A post of mine from another thread:

Also do people actually think Brodin will become a top pairing defender?

Nothing wrong with JVR. Except he is a leftie and we have team full of top6 lefties.

If JVR was RH, I d be happy to fork up assets for 2 years of his contract. Solid 1st liner with no major warts.

Brodin played top pair for 150 games already. Did perfectly fine, except for Suter's ego. You put him on Oilers and he is the top pair LHD over Klef.

Most likely there is no franchise star potential (Subban, Josi, Suter etc). Good player, like JVR, but not spectacular.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
First off, i think Hall is overrated, and Larson underrated. Secondly, if EDM is desperate, shouldn't TML be also? There is virtually no risk with Brodin, a talented Dman who has been an NHL regular for years now and is just entering his prime.

Yet Marner or Nylander are sure fire, can't miss 1st liners? Really?

Mathews I get. The other two have to prove it.

Nylander and Marner are top 5 prospects in the NHL you don't give that up for Jonas Brodin.

You give those up for a doughty or a Karlsdon or someone of that caliber you give up atop 5 prospect in all of hockey for a difference maker

That's not Jonas Brodin

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Most fan bases sell JVR short. A post of mine from another thread:

JVR is a top 10 goals per game LW over the past 3 years and 16th in points per game over the same period. He is 1st line LW 100%. He is top 25 goals per game for all skaters in the past 3 years.

Also do people actually think Brodin will become a top pairing defender?

He already has been, on playoff teams, as a 19, 20 and 21 year old.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
Nylander and Marner are top 5 prospects in the NHL you don't give that up for Jonas Brodin.

You give those up for a doughty or a Karlsdon or someone of that caliber you give up atop 5 prospect in all of hockey for a difference maker

That's not Jonas Brodin

you wouldnt get karlson or doughty for both those players and 2 firsts. overrate your prospects much?

one77

Dec 22, 2013

That's not Jonas Brodin
Exactly. Matthews/Marner/Nylander are as close to untouchable as you can get.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

That's not Jonas Brodin

You actually think you can get Karlsson or Doughty for Marner or Nylander? Migod, you are delusional.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
You actually think you can get Karlsson or Doughty for Marner or Nylander? Migod, you are delusional.

Straight up for Marner or Nylander? no. As a main piece going back, why not? Elite players demand elite prospects in return, what's so delusional about that? he never said in a one-for-one swap, there'd obviously be more involved. But hey, that's probably not how you read it.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Straight up for Marner or Nylander? no. As a main piece going back, why not? Elite players demand elite prospects in return, what's so delusional about that? he never said in a one-for-one swap, there'd obviously be more involved. But hey, that's probably not how you read it.
You realize Wild fans already went through with Granlund what Leafs fans are going through with Nylander right?

You are only kidding yourself.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Top end talent really isnt traded any more. You've gotta draft and develop. Minny isnt really doing this with a 4 pick 2016 draft.

Im guessing that minny fans arent really looking at the leafs prospect pool, because its incredibly deep.

If i were you id be dam interested in guys like Bracco, Timashov, Johnsson, Brown. Definitely mystery boxes, but these guys really could pay off huge.

Are those guys an upgrade over Tuch Eriksson etc? Nope, you dont trade good d-men for some prospects you can get in every draft. Those are add on when you get players at deadline.
Some leaf fans got the cheerleading affect goin when they talk about their prospects. You got 3 top prospects. Rest are not stand outs in any way....

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
What are you going on about?

The wild thought they had their prodigy C they always wanted in Granlund. We called him the Finnish baby Jesus basically. As of now his highest points is in the 40s for a full season. So even if you have high expectations for your prospects there is still a chance they won't turn out like you thought they would. I'm not saying that's going to happen to your guys but that's what I think he meant by it.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Not really.

Despite what Granlund has accomplished at the NHL level thus far(or lack there of), by the end of his 19 year old season he had two PPG SM-Liiga seasons, including being the leading scorer in the playoffs for the SM-Liiga champions HIFK, and was point per game (tied for 3rd in Tourney for Points) for the Gold Medal winning Finland at the World Championships.

He hasn't lived up to the hype in the NHL, but few recent prospects had better resumes leading to the hype. He was basically a consensus top 5 prospect(often fighting Tarsenko for 1) by the time he turned 20.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
:laugh:

I must have missed the Nylander Sweddish postage stamp.

Also must have missed the seamless transition to the North American game, the elite PPG mark in the AHL at 19 and, while 22 games is a pretty limited in scope, success at the NHL level (in which it took Granlund another full 2 years to achieve any sort of).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Top prospects ALWAYS turn out, especially for Toronto and EDM. We know this, because they tell us that, and they know everything about hockey.

member 157595

Minnesota's going to lose a young D to Las Vegas regardless. Do they want to lose another one by moving him to Toronto?

As a TO fan I'd be interested in acquiring one of Dumba/Scandella/Brodin but young D are at a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad