Value of: Scandella or Brodin to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I like where the leafs are. better than being a mediocre team with no chance to compete with the big boys until they shed a lot of salary and infuse young talent onto a vet heavy roster

Scream from the bottom of the dumpster again? You d dream of making the playoffs.

TOR is bottom 5, maybe even the bottom 3 again this year. You have 2 good but not allstar blue liners. That s not a team, even if you had Crosby, Malkin and Kane up front.

But 10 years of suck is hard on the fans. The difference between TOR and EDM is that EDM might actually stop sucking this year.

Last edited:

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Ahhh... and now we're to the point in the thread where Toronto fans, butt hurt at having their trade proposal rebuffed, resort to insulting the opposing team and its fans. Gotta love the consistency.

I never made the proposal and personally wouldnt trade the guys i mentioned for Scandella or Brodin.

I was just pointing out that instead of having a war over which pieces are more valuable, look at the offer from an objective view. If you really think that there isnt a combination of prospects outside of Torontos big 3 that can land your 2/3rd pairing dmen then you're following the wrong sport.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I never made the proposal and personally wouldnt trade the guys i mentioned for Scandella or Brodin.

I was just pointing out that instead of having a war over which pieces are more valuable, look at the offer from an objective view. If you really think that there isnt a combination of prospects outside of Torontos big 3 that can land your 2/3rd pairing dmen then you're following the wrong sport.

Do you honestly expect to land a 20min D with 5 year term with this list of limits?

Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Rielly
Any first round picks unless a serious add from Minnesota

Would you trade Reilly to MIN with every single MIN 1st rounder banned? Go, make a package.

Reilly to MIN. Limits any player who is a 1st round pick. Any 1st round future draft picks.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Ah good... another thread where Toronto fans try to poach one of our good young D-men for spare parts (and yes, JVR and Kadri qualify as spare parts to the Wild). The only pieces of interest are the pieces you don't want to give up.

Wild's roster is essentially set (for better or worse). No trade with the Leafs to be had.

The problem with threads like this is people are lazy. The untouchables on the Leafs side are clearly worth much more than the Wild players talked about, and to avoid debate over how these 2nd pairing dmen are worth potentially elite prospects, they were taken out of the equation.

And instead of looking for fair value, all the responses are "no, we want the thing we can't have".

You could re-write the OP with some knuckle dragger goon, and people would still be incensed that Matthews isn't available.:laugh:

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Do you honestly expect to land a 20min D with 5 year term with this list of limits?

Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Rielly

Would you trade Reilly to MIN with every single MIN 1st rounder banned? Go, make a package.

Reilly to MIN. Limits any player who is a 1st round pick. Any 1st round future draft picks.

Top-5/1st overall != any 1st rounder.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto

Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Rielly

We got Martin Marincin for a washed up prospect Brad Ross. After seeing him play last year, I'd be hard pressed to trade him for either Brodin or Scandella. Hes the leafs comparable to Brodin

In Marincin's final 26 games of the season he averaged 22.42 Minutes per game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad