Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
How? Did he do the hazing? When it was brought to his attention the league imposed stiff fines and suspensions.
I am never to be confused with a Branch Supporter. Flint and the mess that is Flint for example I believe falls squarely at the feet of Branch. But I have to agree with Otto what is it he failed to do in this case?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If sarnia can beat flint and Saginaw which is very do able, and Windsor loses to Oshawa and the soo, sarnia can move into third and close right in on 2nd in the west div, need some good play and a little bit of luck! Go sting go

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
If sarnia can beat flint and Saginaw which is very do able, and Windsor loses to Oshawa and the soo, sarnia can move into third and close right in on 2nd in the west div, need some good play and a little bit of luck! Go sting go
350.png

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
How? Did he do the hazing? When it was brought to his attention the league imposed stiff fines and suspensions.
He looks bad because it happened the next year, the year after that, and then the year after that .... and on other teams too, not just Sarnia. this happened on 2002 yet Sting players said it was happening still in 2006 and we all know the Akim Aliu story. Who on Sarnia was suspended?

Reactions: EvenSteven

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I am never to be confused with a Branch Supporter. Flint and the mess that is Flint for example I believe falls squarely at the feet of Branch. But I have to agree with Otto what is it he failed to do in this case?
Anything? 16-17 year olds getting urinated on and locked into bus bathrooms naked was happening under his watch, even after he knew about it, it still happened.The Carrillo story was in 2002, so Branch knew about it in 2002 yet the exact same stuff was happening in Sarnia years down the line. He could have had a 0 tolerance rule where if that happened players get expelled from the league, much like the Jr.C team that got banned awhile back for making their players do gross things.

Swamp Rat

Nov 2, 2017
Anything? 16-17 year olds getting urinated on and locked into bus bathrooms naked was happening under his watch, even after he knew about it, it still happened.The Carrillo story was in 2002, so Branch knew about it in 2002 yet the exact same stuff was happening in Sarnia years down the line. He could have had a 0 tolerance rule where if that happened players get expelled from the league, much like the Jr.C team that got banned awhile back for making their players do gross things.
Still happening on David Branches's what because all he cares about it money and not the players.
Jeff Brown manhandled on kid on the bench about three years ago in Ottawa, OHL buried it.
Ryan McGill treated his players to badly that the veteran group was ready to walk and it wasn't until the OHL stepped in and interviewed the players did things calm down, OHL buried it. OHL and CHL both rewarded McGill with coach of the year.
McGill treated my kid like shit and intimidated him to the point that he was never the same and walked away from the game with 2 years of eligibility left. Brought it up to Branch, he said that the OHL would investigate but never heard another word from him.
Education package is a joke. They say how important education is for the kids but they have so many strings attached, won't pay for required parking, insurance, only the basics to uphold the integrity of the education program as Branch puts it. But ex-players going to school and playing for a university in the east coast have everything paid for them and rig it so they pocket the education package they were given by their OHL team.
But nobody wants to speak out especially while they are playing or the team or Branch will bury you.

Otto

He looks bad because it happened the next year, the year after that, and then the year after that .... and on other teams too, not just Sarnia. this happened on 2002 yet Sting players said it was happening still in 2006 and we all know the Akim Aliu story. Who on Sarnia was suspended?
If Sting players said it was happening in 2006 did they report it? Do we know when Carcillo reported it? Do we know how long the NHL governers took to decide what discipline should take place if hazing occurred? We do know that Jeff Perry left the Knights in 2006, and never saw the light of day in the OHL again. We also know that the OHL came down hard on the Spitfires for that Aliu incident.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
All very possible and I hope it happens. However, I’m not convinced this team is able to touch the 67’s or the Knights (and maybe Soo when they have Villalta). Can probably play with and maybe beat most others right now if goalies are good to great. Is that good enough? For a lot of fans, perhaps so. But one reason 67’s are so good today is the haul they got for their absolutely best player a couple years ago, coupled with good drafting. Similarly for Knights, they traded Pu, Jones and Thomas last year for excellent returns. BIG talent being traded for future success. I really think that’s what it takes these days in the OHL to make a really big run. And I’d personally like to see a really big run.
The Ciccarelli era was populated by a stand-pat attitude or perhaps a minor trade or two to try to be a 4th or 5th seed. Never sold off to make a real run. (Example - Reid Boucher scoring 60+ goals on an otherwise mediocre team; tell me he couldn’t have been moved for a bundle of good young guys and high draft picks)
I’d just like to see a bit more of a riverboat gambler attitude, which I think the Hatcher/Sinclair era leans toward, and go all in to come together in a specific year, which in my estimation is 2020-21.
I remain a huge fan and STH in the meantime with whatever path they take. We will have a very decent team, particularly when Rees returns. (By the way, his injury ought to have him well rested for the second half, and will lower his draft value and virtually guarantee his return next year.)

Reactions: The Howler

Otto

Still happening on David Branches's what because all he cares about it money and not the players.
Jeff Brown manhandled on kid on the bench about three years ago in Ottawa, OHL buried it.
Ryan McGill treated his players to badly that the veteran group was ready to walk and it wasn't until the OHL stepped in and interviewed the players did things calm down, OHL buried it. OHL and CHL both rewarded McGill with coach of the year.
McGill treated my kid like **** and intimidated him to the point that he was never the same and walked away from the game with 2 years of eligibility left. Brought it up to Branch, he said that the OHL would investigate but never heard another word from him.
Education package is a joke. They say how important education is for the kids but they have so many strings attached, won't pay for required parking, insurance, only the basics to uphold the integrity of the education program as Branch puts it. But ex-players going to school and playing for a university in the east coast have everything paid for them and rig it so they pocket the education package they were given by their OHL team.
But nobody wants to speak out especially while they are playing or the team or Branch will bury you.
If a kid got manhandled on the bench I would thin that some news outlet would have picked it up, much like the Aliu situation, there would be no burying it. You mentioned yourself that there was a situation with Ryan McGill and the OHL stepped in and the problem stopped... then you say the OHL buried it....what were they supposed to do? Issue a press release?

Edit: Thanks dansk55 for the info... here's a story on it... doesn't look like it was buried to me 67’s coach staying behind bench after incident with player

Last edited:

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
McGill treated my kid like **** and intimidated him to the point that he was never the same and walked away from the game with 2 years of eligibility left. Brought it up to Branch, he said that the OHL would investigate but never heard another word from him.
the brown incident happened in sarnia. brown was suspended.

Reactions: Otto

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
All very possible and I hope it happens. However, I’m not convinced this team is able to touch the 67’s or the Knights (and maybe Soo when they have Villalta). Can probably play with and maybe beat most others right now if goalies are good to great. Is that good enough? For a lot of fans, perhaps so. But one reason 67’s are so good today is the haul they got for their absolutely best player a couple years ago, coupled with good drafting. Similarly for Knights, they traded Pu, Jones and Thomas last year for excellent returns. BIG talent being traded for future success. I really think that’s what it takes these days in the OHL to make a really big run. And I’d personally like to see a really big run.
The Ciccarelli era was populated by a stand-pat attitude or perhaps a minor trade or two to try to be a 4th or 5th seed. Never sold off to make a real run. (Example - Reid Boucher scoring 60+ goals on an otherwise mediocre team; tell me he couldn’t have been moved for a bundle of good young guys and high draft picks)
I’d just like to see a bit more of a riverboat gambler attitude, which I think the Hatcher/Sinclair era leans toward, and go all in to come together in a specific year, which in my estimation is 2020-21.
I remain a huge fan and STH in the meantime with whatever path they take. We will have a very decent team, particularly when Rees returns. (By the way, his injury ought to have him well rested for the second half, and will lower his draft value and virtually guarantee his return next year.)
Fully understand the trade the overagers and older players to get draft picks and younger players in return, if I’m not mistaken Ottawa sat at the bottom of the standings for a year or two after that... London can do that because they draft good and because they are competitive each year it impresses Americans to commit to them. Sting owners want to be competitive each year probably so they can attract more fans by never being in the basement and attract Americans to commit when they see they are either in the middle or top of the standings, I could see them getting rid of salinitri and Eliot and then maybe staying put after that, that way they get assets and remain competitive

Last edited:

Swamp Rat

Nov 2, 2017
If a kid got manhandled on the bench I would thin that some news outlet would have picked it up, much like the Aliu situation, there would be no burying it. You mentioned yourself that there was a situation with Ryan McGill and the OHL stepped in and the problem stopped... then you say the OHL buried it....what were they supposed to do? Issue a press release?

Edit: Thanks dansk55 for the info... here's a story on it... doesn't look like it was buried to me 67’s coach staying behind bench after incident with player
Problem didn't stop, he just picked on the younger players who weren't able to stick up for themselves and who the veterans weren't will to stick their neck's out to stop.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
If Sting players said it was happening in 2006 did they report it? Do we know when Carcillo reported it? Do we know how long the NHL governers took to decide what discipline should take place if hazing occurred? We do know that Jeff Perry left the Knights in 2006, and never saw the light of day in the OHL again. We also know that the OHL came down hard on the Spitfires for that Aliu incident.
Carrillo said in his interview or whatever it was that ha reported it in 2002-2003 season. No, I don't believe the players in 2006 reported it. Jeff Perry was able to keep coaching Sarnia the next year and Walters was able to keep his job until 2010 the Cicarelli's were able to keep the franchise.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I agree, I think there is room for all of the OHL players to rise in these rankings. Perreault is off to a great start!

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010

That player was later traded to Sarnia. Brown was a pyscho behind the bench... Who hird him and who should have been fires?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The #1 offence in the west and #2 overall gets back an offensive weapon. Lets go on a run here.
Not only a quick moving offensively gifted player, but a guy who competes hard and leaves everything he has out on the ice every night, reminds me A LOT of konecny. We will have 3 dominant lines now! And a decent 4th line!

Reactions: davewheeler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad