Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I’m actually a little surprised that Hughes for Ceci wasn’t part of the deal. Last year Hughes proved to be a pretty decent backup to Fazio - got a reasonable number of wins. Perhaps he’s just had a problem with being the number one guy??
Ceci is an O/A who may be the odd man out now that oshawa has 4 OA’s.
Anyway, I’m glad to see the team making what I consider a “right” move.
Next, Eliot and Ruzicka to Ottawa? Perhaps for their rookie import and picks???

Rookie imports can't be traded.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The Soo only have one import on the roster. Ruzicka for Joe Caroll (2001 player), 2nd, 3rd, 5th? Too much, too little? Worth it?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Good luck in the 'Shwa Sali!!!

I'm happy with the return. The Sting were in desperate need of 2nd round picks after the Konecny trade that didn't pan out. This helps a great deal...especially that 2019 2nd round pick which will hopefully turn out to be a big part of the 2020/2021 run this team is being set up for.

I don't think Sarnia will be able to trade Ruzicka unfortunately. Don't see SSM making a run at it and every other team with an open import spot doesn't look like they will contend. Plus Ruzicka isn't exactly showcasing his game very well this year so far..

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
D

Salinitri got sarnia two-2nds and a 4th.
Eliot is one of the league leaders in points for defenceman, he’s a good skater, good shot, he plays well in both ends and plays physical. I say he fetches more than salinitri.

Rossi chose Ottawa; and, he is rated #3 for 2020 draft in one of the latest ranks. Odds are he is not destined for Sarnia.

Reactions: nelli27

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Rossi chose Ottawa; and, he is rated #3 for 2020 draft in one of the latest ranks. Odds are he is not destined for Sarnia.
Lol I didn’t say anything about Rossi? I’m just saying Eliot will bring in a pretty good return going by his stats, watching his play regularly and looking at the available top end defenceman in the league

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Lol I didn’t say anything about Rossi? I’m just saying Eliot will bring in a pretty good return going by his stats, watching his play regularly and looking at the available top end defenceman in the league
I threw out Rossi in an earlier post... just dreaming... I do believe that Ottawa could use Eliot and in my dreams, if we could attach a Ruzicka/Rossi swap as part of the deal, I would be elated.
We have the strong possibility of losing both of our imports this summer, unless the unlikely chance that one is kept as an OA. They’re both 19 this season. If nothing changes in our import situation, we would be drafting likely in the top dozen (since each league takes turns) then a second pick around 50 or so... likely to get a Helt or similar mediocre player for the second pick. Therefore I’d love to see number 21 moved for a 17 year old import. I’m hoping that now that the goalless streak has been broken, he might get hot and increase his value. Even with his scoring drought, he’s in the top 5 in team points, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him matched with Rees this weekend. So let’s see...

Last edited:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Weird stat fact:
Over his first two seasons, Kelton Hatcher has zero goals and 19 assists.
This season he has four goals and ONE assist.
Have you ever heard of a defenseman this far into the season having only ONE ASSIST?

Opinionated

Mar 27, 2014
I’m actually a little surprised that Hughes for Ceci wasn’t part of the deal. Last year Hughes proved to be a pretty decent backup to Fazio - got a reasonable number of wins. Perhaps he’s just had a problem with being the number one guy??
Ceci is an O/A who may be the odd man out now that oshawa has 4 OA’s.
Anyway, I’m glad to see the team making what I consider a “right” move.
Next, Eliot and Ruzicka to Ottawa? Perhaps for their rookie import and picks???

Gens won't be trading Ceci until after the WJC, or at least until Keyser returns from either the US team or the US training camp. After that, Ceci is my guess to be the odd man out of the 4 OA's. Maybe a future deal still to be done???

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If I was sarnia I’d much rather have a 99 goalie than a OA. A 99 can still work with langevin next season in case langevin isn’t ready to be a starter next year.

Reactions: Maddangler

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
King of sucks for Salinitri, he was 1 game from moving into 2nd all-time in sting games played and 18 games from the most in franchise history

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
King of sucks for Salinitri, he was 1 game from moving into 2nd all-time in sting games played and 18 games from the most in franchise history

I think he’d rather get to a conference championship, or beyond, than worry about those records. Not likely to happen in Sarnia this year.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think he’d rather get to a conference championship, or beyond, than worry about those records. Not likely to happen in Sarnia this year.

For sure, just one of those things post-career would be cool to look back on as the all-time leader in a organziation who has some pretty notable alumni

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I would have thought Eliot would get the most return for the Sting. I agree with the person who said that previous. imo he's got more value than Sal.

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Niagara has one RD; seems like a fit
I feel like both teams get what they need, Niagara gets a good all around vet, we get an upgrade in net for the rest of this year and next, and good picks for the future ... is it asking too much or too little?

Reactions: three dog night

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I feel like both teams get what they need, Niagara gets a good all around vet, we get an upgrade in net for the rest of this year and next, and good picks for the future ... is it asking too much or too little?

About right, I think

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
You have to think there was more than one team interested in Anthony Salinitri before the deal was done.Most OAs don't command much on the trade market unless you are a top line player.Good for Sarnia to make that deal happen with Oshawa.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Couldn't watch the game but seemed like it was simply a case of hot goaltending from Saginaw. Sting held the advantage on the shot clock. Looked to be one of those games where the bounces just don't go your way, couple of posts here and there. No need to look to deep into that loss. I expect they come out with 5+ goals tonight in a win.

Reactions: Maddangler

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
The Sting played a great game and didn't win. They moved the puck well and looked good doing it. They just got flat out symied by Prosvetov. I love watchine Eliot play. Grima stood out also and Hogue does a nice job quaterbacking the power play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferda11

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hogue does. Great job on the poweplay good job by the coaches getting him on the 2nd pp unit, he will be great on the Pp next year, langevin looked solid in net, and I agree Eliot is an absolute stud on defenceman, should get a big return for him! Rees looked good for first game back, needs acouple more games to get into a rhythm and develop chemistry with players again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad