Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Not sure the Formenton slash was intentional to be honest. Watching the replay it looked liked he was going for Langevin's stick which had the puck on it....he just missed is all.. Still a slash and the right call was made.
I agree he was going for the stick and got his leg. Hatcher is easily my favourite player on the Sting, the coaches son is usually the softest player on the team... not Hatcher, the guy plays hard and I love it. Opposing players know when he's on the ice I guarantee that. Langevin was in a zone it appeared, he faced constant pressure which goalies like, you could just tell he was confident and engaged in the game. I am not sure if he's the guy going forward in net but why not ride him and see.

Reactions: Texcanuck

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
I agree he was going for the stick and got his leg. Hatcher is easily my favourite player on the Sting, the coaches son is usually the softest player on the team... not Hatcher, the guy plays hard and I love it. Opposing players know when he's on the ice I guarantee that. Langevin was in a zone it appeared, he faced constant pressure which goalies like, you could just tell he was confident and engaged in the game. I am not sure if he's the guy going forward in net but why not ride him and see.

That may very well be. I'll admit I was more than a few deep by that point although it was my brother-in-law (whose a London fan that said he thought they got away with one there) that got me going. Overall a fun game to watch.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
May not be a starter going forward for this year but let’s face it, not many second year players are (and well I guess he’s a first year player technically), he seems quick,confident and battles for every puck! He’s definitely going to be a good starter for sarnia next year or the year after

Reactions: davewheeler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
May not be a starter going forward for this year but let’s face it, not many second year players are (and well I guess he’s a first year player technically), he seems quick,confident and battles for every puck! He’s definitely going to be a good starter for sarnia next year or the year after
I hope so.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Do you expect to lose both Imports to the World Juniors?
Yes. There's a over 90% chance for both players. The strength of Sweden this year will be the defense. They are one of the weaker offensive Swedish teams compared to years past so Hugo is almost a must for them. Ruzicka is a lock for the team. This is going to be one of the best Slovakia teams in a long time. The only question mark they have is in net. If Ruzicka can get hot in the WJ I think it would be wise to trade him before the deadline.

Reactions: nelli27

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
2019 4th was conditional in the Pezzetta deal.
2024 3rd and 2025 2nd were conditional in the Dineen deal.
We might have retained some, or all of these picks, depending on the conditions.

Those picks were missing from the ohl data base.It was however, updated to reflect the picks we received for Salinitri.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Three very winnable games coming up later this week. Would like to see Langevin in net for Thursday & Saturday. Hughes on Friday. This should be the last straw for Hughes if he can't win against a sub-par Windsor team a deal needs to be done to ship him out asap.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Looks like DiPietro is heading to the 67's according to all the hockey insiders on twitter. Good timing for us with back to back games vs the Spits this week! Ottawa certainly has the picks for this thanks to us!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Looks like DiPietro is heading to the 67's according to all the hockey insiders on twitter. Good timing for us with back to back games vs the Spits this week! Ottawa certainly has the picks for this thanks to us!
Deal is done. Improves our prospects for the weekend, although their Finn can be pretty good.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
who gets Eliot?
Possibly nobody - the unfortunate thing is that he was only here for half of last year and hasn’t had the same exposure as other top d-men. Also, as an OA, he’s harder to land somewhere.
There’s no rush - the trade deadline is in early January, but good teams who might be losing players to world juniors might want to fill the gap before they leave??
We’ll see

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ya Eliot is going, if you are at the top of the ohl defence stats list you will get coaches and scouts coming to watch you to see if they would like to acquire you, Inzce cost Windsor a 4th in 2022..... wtf is sarnia doing that is nothing and he would of helped keep sarnia competitive.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Incze to Windsor has to mean that Hatcher is fully committed to Langevin’s development this year, whatever the result, then ride that pony for the next 2 or 3. Why not? He’s playing just fine for a 17 year old.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Incze to Windsor has to mean that Hatcher is fully committed to Langevin’s development this year, whatever the result, then ride that pony for the next 2 or 3. Why not? He’s playing just fine for a 17 year old.

They should have been looking at a deal with Barrie since they're still carrying 3 goalies however I doubt they'll be interested now since they don't have the depth to take a run against Ottawa and our OA's won't interest them. As far as Hugo is concerned real happy for the lad. If he isn't already on the NHLs radar he will be after the juniors.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Agree! He’s been under the international radar before now, but his play this year is a huge improvement over the past
You're completely wrong. Last year was his first season in North America. His play transitioned well and he did really well last year considering how deep our team was. Hugo was arguably one of if not our best player in the playoffs last year. He's been in the international spotlight for a while now especially considering how weak the Swedes are at Forward. However it's quite apparent Swedish fans don't think Hugo is fast enough or tough enough to keep up. Time will tell. I expect Ruzicka to have a very strong Tournament as this could be one of the best Slovakia teams ever. If he gets hot and that translates back to OHL we will see a very solid return trading him.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
You're completely wrong. Last year was his first season in North America. His play transitioned well and he did really well last year considering how deep our team was. Hugo was arguably one of if not our best player in the playoffs last year. He's been in the international spotlight for a while now especially considering how weak the Swedes are at Forward. However it's quite apparent Swedish fans don't think Hugo is fast enough or tough enough to keep up. Time will tell. I expect Ruzicka to have a very strong Tournament as this could be one of the best Slovakia teams ever. If he gets hot and that translates back to OHL we will see a very solid return trading him.

Well he certainly wasn't under the spotlight last year as a 18 year old. Not sure how you think Tex is "completely wrong". It's a very accurate statement. His strong play this year is what's put him in that spotlight and has earned him his invite.

Odd's are Ruzicka isn't going anywhere. He's been less then impressive this year and there really isn't a contending team that has a open import spot for him.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Well he certainly wasn't under the spotlight last year as a 18 year old. Not sure how you think Tex is "completely wrong". It's a very accurate statement. His strong play this year is what's put him in that spotlight and has earned him his invite.

Odd's are Ruzicka isn't going anywhere. He's been less then impressive this year and there really isn't a contending team that has a open import spot for him.
He's played U-16, U-17, U-18, U-20 for Sweden. Sweden's team last year was too deep that's why he didn't make it. Like I said if Ruzicka get's hot teams might make some room for him.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He's played U-16, U-17, U-18, U-20 for Sweden. Sweden's team last year was too deep that's why he didn't make it. Like I said if Ruzicka get's hot teams might make some room for him.
Ya but he’s only played for the world tourneys at U17 not the U18 or U20 and those are the impressive teams to make

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Looks like you're the one who needs to do their research.

Go and specifically look up team Sweden's roster for the U18 Ivan Hilinka. Hugo never made that team. He was on the U17 WHC team which is the only international tournament he has played in so far.
Not sure what the hell you're looking at but how has he played U20 for Sweden when he hasn't even made the team yet? LOL...give your head a shake.

Sweden U18 at eliteprospects.com - Go look up the 2015/2016 and 2016-2017 teams and show me where Hugo is on the roster.....Those were the only two years he was eligible to play on that team.

Last edited:
Reactions: robp1219

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
He played 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2018-2019. All for Sweden at some point. I never specified what tournaments.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
A lot of Europeans play in those tourneys , WHC or WJC are the only impressive ones and he only played in the U17 never the U18 and maybe the U20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad