Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
A lot of Europeans play in those tourneys , WHC or WJC are the only impressive ones and he only played in the U17 never the U18 and maybe the U20.
Like I said. I never specified what tournaments he played at. I just stated he has played for Sweden numerous times therefore he's been on the Swedish radar now for a while not just recently. Moving on big game tonight have they announced who's in net?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Like I said. I never specified what tournaments he played at. I just stated he has played for Sweden numerous times therefore he's been on the Swedish radar now for a while not just recently. Moving on big game tonight have they announced who's in net?
Pretty sure everyone was thinking about whc or wjc because they are the only impressive tourneys, those other tournaments majority or euros play in, doesn’t really put him on the radar to play in those... hopefully langevin is in, put Hughes on the bench the rest of the season for all I care

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
With world junior rosters being announced it's crazy to see how many players the Sting drafted that never ended up in Sarnia.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
sorry I was trying to copy the link of the CHL 16 year old Ranking from sportsnet... here they are since I couldn't get the link on here for some reason.
1. Connor McClennon (Kootenay Ice)
2. Quinton Byfield (Sudbury Wolves)
3. Jacob Perreault (Sarnia Sting)
4. Mavrik Bourque (Shawinigan Cataractes)
5. Cole Perfetti (Saginaw Spirit)
6. Jake Neighbours (Edmonton Oil Kings)
7. Hendrix Lapierre (Chicoutimi Sagueneens)
8. Will Cuylle (Windsor Spitfires)
9. Ben King (Swift Current Broncos)
10. Charles-Antoine Lavallee (Moncton Wildcats)

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
LAngevin is clutch and makes timely saves and outstanding saves he has no business saving... he’s fast, athletic and never ever gives up on pucks.. but more grooming and experience and this kid is a guaranteed ohl starter, going into next season we will have an elite playmaker in Rees and an elite sniper in Perrault, plus a rock solid physical defensive defenceman in Reesor. Things are looking good for the future.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Mittas Samuelsson, Quinn Hughes, Tyler Weiss. Samuelsson & Hughes are both on the USA WJ team. Weiss most likely would be too except was injured in October and just got back to playing a couple weeks ago.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Mittas Samuelsson, Quinn Hughes, Tyler Weiss. Samuelsson & Hughes are both on the USA WJ team. Weiss most likely would be too except was injured in October and just got back to playing a couple weeks ago.
Colorado needs to talk some sense into Weiss and tell him to come to Sarnia. He already hurt his draft stock by not coming to Sarnia in the first place. Hockey DB says he's played 4 games at Neb-Omaha and doesn't have a point. I have always said the NCAA route to the NHL is much harder and much longer. Had Weiss come to Sarnia this would have been his 3rd year in the OHL and possibly 1 year away from the NHL. He probably would have been playing with Kyrou the last 2 years and Rees and Perrault this year. He could have over 100 OHL games under his belt by now, rather he's played 4 games as a Freshman at Neb-Omaha. I heard someone mention earlier he went to Boston college because the experience there would be better than Sarnia. Now that he's in Nebraska I beg to differ. I have been to Omaha Nebraska and watched a game.... trust me, the whole experience was average at best.

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
With world junior rosters being announced it's crazy to see how many players the Sting drafted that never ended up in Sarnia.
A lot of teams draft players from the states that don’t come over (taking a chance that they might), sarnia has new owners that made the mistake in their first ofr 2nd draft of wasting early draft picks on those types of players (lesson learned) unless you have verbal commitment from the players don’t draft an American player in the first 8-10 rounds, after those rounds take chances on them. Schingoethe in this years draft was an exception because Sinclair and Hatcher probably thought Perrault could convince his buddy to come with him, and with perraults success here it’s still a very big possibility!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’d like to see schingoethe, nodler and miller commit. McCarthy too but I think that’s more of a long shot.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Hypothetical situation - if Hughes is in net on Saturday (unlikely, I know) and lets in goals on the first three shots, can we pelt him with teddy bears? ;)

Reactions: robp1219

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Hypothetical situation - if Hughes is in net on Saturday (unlikely, I know) and lets in goals on the first three shots, can we pelt him with teddy bears? ;)

Maybe if the team shows up defensively in the first 5 minutes we wouldn't have that problem.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Maybe if the team shows up defensively in the first 5 minutes we wouldn't have that problem.
Sarnia did play bad defensively in That game against flint but Hughes should of stopped 2 out of 3 of those shots , first one he was completely screened and it went top shelf, but the other two were weakish.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hughes in a suit tonight. Coffin on gate duty. Interesting...
Langevin looking great again, he has a bright future, Perrault will be dominant in this league (hope we get 3 years out of him )... yes coffin on the bench I wonder if Hughes is awaiting a trade

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
How has Ruzicka been this year? His points aren’t progressing the way I had hoped, although it looks like he’s a good face off man. He’s a lock to make this Slovak team but minutes are gonna be dependant on the actual level of effort he puts in. Last year he was given the 1C spot and looked like absolute garbage. He’s most likely going to be playing the wing this tournament unless he plays 3rd line centre behind Pospisil and Roman. What’s Adams game like compared to last year? Has he really not progressed? I’ve only seen him play for Slovakia team and he seems so uninvolved, he’s too nonchalant on the ice. He’s got a big body but was shying away from contact most of the time. I really don’t trust him against the other teams best players, that’s big reason he was benched for the last period against Sweden last year

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
How has Ruzicka been this year? His points aren’t progressing the way I had hoped, although it looks like he’s a good face off man. He’s a lock to make this Slovak team but minutes are gonna be dependant on the actual level of effort he puts in. Last year he was given the 1C spot and looked like absolute garbage. He’s most likely going to be playing the wing this tournament unless he plays 3rd line centre behind Pospisil and Roman. What’s Adams game like compared to last year? Has he really not progressed? I’ve only seen him play for Slovakia team and he seems so uninvolved, he’s too nonchalant on the ice. He’s got a big body but was shying away from contact most of the time. I really don’t trust him against the other teams best players, that’s big reason he was benched for the last period against Sweden last year

Ruzicka is being outscored by a 16 year old.

Reactions: davewheeler

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
After watching the replay of the Windsor goal tonight....who is doing the video upstairs needs to be replaced. The guy was in the net and pulled the puck in with his hand. Everybody in the building were witnesses . That was a shutout for the kid.

Reactions: Stingland

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
After watching the replay of the Windsor goal tonight....who is doing the video upstairs needs to be replaced. The guy was in the net and pulled the puck in with his hand. Everybody in the building were witnesses . That was a shutout for the kid.
Take another look - on the overhead view, it looks like the guy grabs the puck, but a stick blade can be seen hitting the puck into the net

Reactions: BoxerMax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad