Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah Antropov did and got filled in by Hatcher (which made the situation even worse ) but given how aggregious the hit was I was really surprised that was the end of it. Tullio couldnt even stand up for about 2 minutes because the hit was so nasty and he was in a daze. Whether it was clean or dirty in the old days under the code Hatcher would've had the whole team trying to kill him. Don't get me wrong this is in no way a comment about the Generals. Obviously the Gens thought the hit was a hockey play with the rookie with his head down. In the old days that wouldnt have mattered.
To me it speaks volumes about how the code is changing in the game (which is a very good thing.) Hopefully this also includes the hazing rituals which never should've been allowed in the first place. The idiots that turned a blind eye to this stuff should be prosecuted.

@jwalk Tullio's injury was to his leg, not his head.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
With this signing it makes me think there's going to be a trade in the works...

Would you package Hogue and Hughes for a 19yo tender in Propp or Incze??

No, not at all. We don't need to trade for a goalie this season. The Sting management has one option this season, and that is to sell. That's it. We will get a goalie in either 2019 Euro Draft or the 2020 Euro Draft. No need to bring in a temp goalie now.

As for Hogue, after reading that article, I think that he needs to be traded to be given the opportunity to play his natural position.

I think we need to wait to see if Dillingham-Morelli will be put on the roster for the rest of the season or just play a game to get a year payed for of college? If he is brought in full time, yes, we will see a trade soon and I think it will be Eliot that will be traded. As to where, who knows.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
If Sarnia can find a way to upgrade from Hughes without spending a lot then I'm for it. I originally thought let's just ride out the season and give Langevin the majority of the starts but I think it's important for this team's morality and the deployment of the young players to have a better chance at winning games then they do with Hughes. You do not want to create a losing atmosphere already. Sarnia could have 5 or so more wins then they do now if they had someone in replace of Hughes and the games he's allowed 5+ goals. The last thing we want is our guys heading into each game expecting to lose because Hughes is getting the start. Can't have that mentality.

No, not at all. We don't need to trade for a goalie this season. The Sting management has one option this season, and that is to sell. That's it. We will get a goalie in either 2019 Euro Draft or the 2020 Euro Draft. No need to bring in a temp goalie now.

As for Hogue, after reading that article, I think that he needs to be traded to be given the opportunity to play his natural position.

I think we need to wait to see if Dillingham-Morelli will be put on the roster for the rest of the season or just play a game to get a year payed for of college? If he is brought in full time, yes, we will see a trade soon and I think it will be Eliot that will be traded. As to where, who knows.

normally I would agree...but for the reason above I think it's a good idea. Especially if all it's going to cost is a guy like Hogue, who clearly isn't what the Sting expected. We can still sell sell sell, but having a goalie that the players have confidence in and that can steal you a few games is huge.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
normally I would agree...but for the reason above I think it's a good idea. Especially if all it's going to cost is a guy like Hogue, who clearly isn't what the Sting expected. We can still sell sell sell, but having a goalie that the players have confidence in and that can steal you a few games is huge.
Get a goalie and who knows what can happen this year... I am not saying go out and spend two seconds like London did to get Raaymakers. Are the Sting going to let this great offence go to waste by having poor goaltending? I say address the goaltending issues now. Waiting till next year and then having a dud would be catastrophic. At least If you make a move now you can evaluate him for the remainder of the season.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Get a goalie and who knows what can happen this year... I am not saying go out and spend two seconds like London did to get Raaymakers. Are the Sting going to let this great offence go to waste by having poor goaltending? I say address the goaltending issues now. Waiting till next year and then having a dud would be catastrophic. At least If you make a move now you can evaluate him for the remainder of the season.

YES... They need to recoup picks so that they can go for it during the 2020/2021 season. Do exactly what London did last season. Sell off any player that won't be here for that season and get picks to trade for the guys to fill the holes during that season.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
YES... They need to recoup picks so that they can go for it during the 2020/2021 season. Do exactly what London did last season. Sell off any player that won't be here for that season and get picks to trade for the guys to fill the holes during that season.
I was saying we shouldn't do what London did and give up 2 seconds for a goalie right now, but I do think we need to make a move to improve the goaltending. London gave up 2 seconds for Raaymakers and is he even their #1 goalie? I think we should be a bit more patient and lets see what the team can do with Rees. I ultimately believe they will be sellers but I may be wrong, London is the best team in the east other than that the teams are relatively weak IMO. London isn't that good either IMO. If we hadn't sold the farm last year... Hatcher would be a buyer this year. Also just my opinion.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
I was saying we shouldn't do what London did and give up 2 seconds for a goalie right now, but I do think we need to make a move to improve the goaltending. London gave up 2 seconds for Raaymakers and is he even their #1 goalie? I think we should be a bit more patient and lets see what the team can do with Rees. I ultimately believe they will be sellers but I may be wrong, London is the best team in the east other than that the teams are relatively weak IMO. London isn't that good either IMO. If we hadn't sold the farm last year... Hatcher would be a buyer this year. Also just my opinion.

I wasn't talking about London Trading for Raaymakers, I was talking about London trading Max Jones, Cliff Pu, Robert Thomas, Sam Miletic, .... (Of course, we don't have that talent to get the return they received, but we can get back a bunch of picks) Sarnia does not need to trade for any goalie this season. We will get a #1 from the Euro Draft.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I wasn't talking about London Trading for Raaymakers, I was talking about London trading Max Jones, Cliff Pu, Robert Thomas, Sam Miletic, .... (Of course, we don't have that talent to get the return they received, but we can get back a bunch of picks) Sarnia does not need to trade for any goalie this season. We will get a #1 from the Euro Draft.
You have to hope there is a capable #1 goalie when we pick in the euro draft, and hope he reports!

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Thats a big assumption. I hope ur right. Just throwing this out there I don't think we have the picks and I'm not saying they should do it but, how good would the Sting be in they acquired DiPietro and how far could they go in the playoffs?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’d say London is the best team in the league, probably the best defenceman, two good goalies, and good but not great offence , I can see them adding a high end forward or two at the deadline and being in great shape for a cup run

Reactions: LDN

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I’d say London is the best team in the league, probably the best defenceman, two good goalies, and good but not great offence , I can see them adding a high end forward or two at the deadline and being in great shape for a cup run
Lol They should add Ryan McGregor ... he would have the most pts on the team.

Reactions: LDN

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lol They should add Ryan McGregor ... he would have the most pts on the team.
Ya I bet Bouchard and formenton would have more points than our whole team if they played every game, and they added Paul cotter, lot of depth added, they are just getting going. The last game they lost was to Ottawa and it was in ot and they didn’t have cotter, Bouchard or formenton yet.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
players win titles, not picks. history shows us that

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lol we got two seconds for Sal????? I hate the early tank but love the return.
I don’t find it as an early tank, we have the second most goals in the league, and Rees I think is better than Sal is already and Rees is back tomorrow, so he fills Sal’s spot and then some... and we get those picks for the future ... that’s the way I see it anyways

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
players win titles, not picks. history shows us that
I do agree with that. Its good to be loaded with picks to trade for players tho .... I would love if Sarnia could make a run and not sell off the whole future for once. Just a few tweaks.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I don’t find it as an early tank, we have the second most goals in the league, and Rees I think is better than Sal is already and Rees is back tomorrow, so he fills Sal’s spot and then some... and we get those picks for the future ... that’s the way I see it anyways
Yah true, I didn't think before that post. I just assumed this was the start of the wheeling and dealing. maybe not we will see.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I’m actually a little surprised that Hughes for Ceci wasn’t part of the deal. Last year Hughes proved to be a pretty decent backup to Fazio - got a reasonable number of wins. Perhaps he’s just had a problem with being the number one guy??
Ceci is an O/A who may be the odd man out now that oshawa has 4 OA’s.
Anyway, I’m glad to see the team making what I consider a “right” move.
Next, Eliot and Ruzicka to Ottawa? Perhaps for their rookie import and picks???

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
I’m actually a little surprised that Hughes for Ceci wasn’t part of the deal. Last year Hughes proved to be a pretty decent backup to Fazio - got a reasonable number of wins. Perhaps he’s just had a problem with being the number one guy??
Ceci is an O/A who may be the odd man out now that oshawa has 4 OA’s.
Anyway, I’m glad to see the team making what I consider a “right” move.
Next, Eliot and Ruzicka to Ottawa? Perhaps for their rookie import and picks???

Rossi for Eliot and Ruzicka? you are kidding right?
wow. thats a bad take

Eliot is not likely to fetch sarnia much imo

Reactions: dirty12

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
D
Rossi for Eliot and Ruzicka? you are kidding right?
wow. thats a bad take

Eliot is not likely to fetch sarnia much imo
Salinitri got sarnia two-2nds and a 4th.
Eliot is one of the league leaders in points for defenceman, he’s a good skater, good shot, he plays well in both ends and plays physical. I say he fetches more than salinitri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad