Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
what kane has done is much worse than deangelo are you guys for real?

Care to list them without being libel? None of the current accusations have been substantiated any where but the court of public opinion it just rolling as if it has. It has as much validity as me saying you only hate Kane because he is black.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
maybe, but the financial obstacles are way bigger here. Tony D cost the rangers less than $1.4mm spread over 2 seasons to buy out and Carolina is paying him about what a 3rd pair defenseman would make. Kane is going to cost you $20mm against the cap, spread out over the next 8 years to buy out. maybe they'll find a team wanting to offload a shit contract in exchange for the headache, but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. Kane is as toxic (and expensive) as they come IMO....hard to get anything done there. I bet Doug Wilson is praying the league suspends him indefinitely and he can simply void the contract.

Unless they do something tomorrow, a Kane buyout will be six years as they will have to hang on to him for the season.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Heard a rumour from a source that I trust - Logan Couture is not a fan of Evander Kane, at all. Lol. Is what Ill say delicately. And hes got more opinions on the Sharks roster too..

Lol hilariously enough I heard in the same conversation that there is another EK on the Sharks that hes not particularly fond of, and wishes that the Sharks would part ways with him (which is apparently a mutual feeling thats not yet become public).

I guess Ive heard that Couture is a bit of a workaholic by nature, and hes not seeing the same level of effort from this particular player - and he was kindly told to pound sand when he tried to have a constructive chat with that player about his concerns...

I can tell you for absolute certain that the Sharks are a fractured mess inside the locker room right now, like 10 times worse than what the public actually knows about. There are factions within the room and lots of them. And unless they revert back into the old Sharks and breeze their way into the playoffs, ill be shocked if they havent traded one or more of their big name players.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Heard a rumour from a source that I trust - Logan Couture is not a fan of Evander Kane, at all. Lol. Is what Ill say delicately. And hes got more opinions on the Sharks roster too..

Lol hilariously enough I heard in the same conversation that there is another EK on the Sharks that hes not particularly fond of, and wishes that the Sharks would part ways with him (which is apparently a mutual feeling thats not yet become public).

I guess Ive heard that Couture is a bit of a workaholic by nature, and hes not seeing the same level of effort from this particular player - and he was kindly told to pound sand when he tried to have a constructive chat with that player about his concerns...

I can tell you for absolute certain that the Sharks are a fractured mess inside the locker room right now, like 10 times worse than what the public actually knows about. There are factions within the room and lots of them. And unless they revert back into the old Sharks and breeze their way into the playoffs, ill be shocked if they havent traded one or more of their big name players.

I wouldn’t trust a Rumour from your source

I don’t even know what rumour is?

don’t know where to start with this rant

also if it is a rumor how can you tell us with absolute certainty that the locker rooms completely divided?

source?

that makes 0 sense

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

also if it is a rumor how can you tell us with absolute certainty that the locker rooms completely divided?

source?

that makes 0 sense

No one has to believe it. Just passing something along.

The Sharks can erase everything wrong in their room with a winning season (assuming Kane is gone obviously). But its almost silly to suggest that core of players will be okay with continuously tanking each season together in total harmony..

Those are mostly all a proud bunch of individuals, and Im personally not surprised that fingers are starting to get pointed..

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Even if we were to believe this to be accurate on any level, I really wouldn't care. Cooch really isn't in any position to talk. His entire career is made off of coasting through as a secondary guy to the playoffs and then putting in the effort to lead. It's of no surprise that he's no fan of Kane. I'm sure Kane wasn't much of a fan of his either. Same likely applies to Karlsson but the idea that Couture is some kind of workaholic by nature doesn't exactly show through on the ice during the regular season.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

source?

that makes 0 sense
I believe him straight up sire. This type of thang is very common in show business and in sports milord. I have hockey people too real close to me in life, not many, but some real g's and key guys. Not many, but a couple of a suckas. Heard a lot of dirt and played miself also back in the day, its life. Concerning the sharks, when looking at games, even the facial expressions etc goal scoring celebration etc tells me a lot. I can read it even there, not knowing any players at all from san jose. They ain't having the best chemistry. Toronto had that same type of a problem type like 2 years ago sire, nobody wasn't even talking during games. That was ridiculous. Now its much better. Lets see where kane wants to go (he decides) and whom wants to take on that contract and load. Exciting times sire, I'm so excited!!

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
to be fair, the only thing confirmed so far is that he has a sort of psycho ex. May end up she’s telling the truth but the allegations haven’t been confirmed yet.
Yes sire, its' not true yet. Not likely ever going to be. These type of accusations and wars are very common in show business and in sports, when a man and wife is going the seperate ways. With kids also involved. Hoffmans' wife has been a problem also and the whole hockey knows it. Y'all read bout that too I'm sure. It's entertainment as these gladiatiors have agreed to perform in front loads and loads of people. We all watch ice hockey and they perform in front of us sire.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Unless they do something tomorrow, a Kane buyout will be six years as they will have to hang on to him for the season.
So sire, what expires tomorrow you were preferring there? A date on what exactly? They are suspending him no if the evidense is there?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Even if we were to believe this to be accurate on any level, I really wouldn't care. Cooch really isn't in any position to talk. His entire career is made off of coasting through as a secondary guy to the playoffs and then putting in the effort to lead. It's of no surprise that he's no fan of Kane. I'm sure Kane wasn't much of a fan of his either. Same likely applies to Karlsson but the idea that Couture is some kind of workaholic by nature doesn't exactly show through on the ice during the regular season.
The Sharks have long played the game like it's a marathon and not a sprint. Rare is the game where the Sharks won by out working the other guys

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So sire, what expires tomorrow you were preferring there? A date on what exactly? They are suspending him no if the evidense is there?

I'm not certain of the entire details of it but Adin Hill's contract agreement settled his arbitration and as part of the fallout from it is an opening of a buyout window that would end today. Unless the league gives the Sharks some sort of exception as it relates to Kane here, which is unlikely if their investigation comes up with nothing, the Sharks don't have a buyout window in which to buy out Kane.

The Sharks have long played the game like it's a marathon and not a sprint. Rare is the game where the Sharks won by out working the other guys

Yes but even within that, there is clear differences in who is consistently providing effort and who is not. Thornton was pretty consistent in his effort as was Pavelski. Couture will get into the shooting lanes when the game is on the line but otherwise he's not exactly putting forth some workman's like effort out there. He doesn't go to the dirty areas as often as other scorers on this team have done. I'm not saying that his effort level isn't understandable or isn't even smart for him to do. I'm saying it's not an accurate representation to believe Couture is some kind of madman when it comes to his effort. He's not always giving it his all and his effort level never stood out among a group that didn't have many standout guys in the effort department. Kane put out more effort on a consistent basis than Couture does. Kane's problem is personality-based more than anything else.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Care to list them without being libel? None of the current accusations have been substantiated any where but the court of public opinion it just rolling as if it has. It has as much validity as me saying you only hate Kane because he is black.
Wow man, you really haven't been paying attention.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I'm not certain of the entire details of it but Adin Hill's contract agreement settled his arbitration and as part of the fallout from it is an opening of a buyout window that would end today. Unless the league gives the Sharks some sort of exception as it relates to Kane here, which is unlikely if their investigation comes up with nothing, the Sharks don't have a buyout window in which to buy out Kane.

Yes but even within that, there is clear differences in who is consistently providing effort and who is not. Thornton was pretty consistent in his effort as was Pavelski. Couture will get into the shooting lanes when the game is on the line but otherwise he's not exactly putting forth some workman's like effort out there. He doesn't go to the dirty areas as often as other scorers on this team have done. I'm not saying that his effort level isn't understandable or isn't even smart for him to do. I'm saying it's not an accurate representation to believe Couture is some kind of madman when it comes to his effort. He's not always giving it his all and his effort level never stood out among a group that didn't have many standout guys in the effort department. Kane put out more effort on a consistent basis than Couture does. Kane's problem is personality-based more than anything else.
I disagree. I'd say Thornton was a big reason why I said what I did. His inability to stay healthy into the post season had him and the team playing with a certain pace.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Ok thank you for the answer sire. :clap: Lets see what happens. Surely the "investigation" doesn't bring anything to the light. He ain't done nothing concerning that thang. Slit ups are difficult at times, we all have experience of them, many of us sire. Kane played his best season last season, he might kill it big tyme this upcoming, fantastic nhl season again. This'll be fun for certainly. I'm excited!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I disagree. I'd say Thornton was a big reason why I said what I did. His inability to stay healthy into the post season had him and the team playing with a certain pace.

And Couture had inability to stay healthy during the regular season but it didn't really alter what their effort levels were when they were in the lineup.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
And Couture had inability to stay healthy during the regular season but it didn't really alter what their effort levels were when they were in the lineup.
I have little doubt that Thornton ran that locker room and in large part the teams demeanor. It's part of the culture I've been railing against

Reactions: themelkman

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I have little doubt that Thornton ran that locker room and in large part the teams demeanor. It's part of the culture I've been railing against

And I think Couture contributes to that more than he's an answer for any of that. I only object to the idea that he's some significant hard worker or any of that.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

I don’t believe you have a source, but I also think that’s all true. By nature the sharks were almost always a team based on hard work, but losing Jumbo and Pavs and Patty has changed the culture, and it’s obvious Couture doesn’t command the respect those guys did, but the sharks don’t have a player on the roster that would.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I’m not sure why you would think that. Couture has never really came off as an entitled or lazy player. He didn’t get an extension and then hop off a cliff.

Entitled or lazy? No. I just don't think his work ethic is exceptional in the context of the team or NHL players. He doesn't go all out except for the playoffs. He conserves himself during the season but he isn't entitled or lazy.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I’m not sure why you would think that. Couture has never really came off as an entitled or lazy player. He didn’t get an extension and then hop off a cliff.
he coasts until the playoffs short of spurts here and there. Its not wrong and honestly, I wish a lot of the sharks better players would have done the same in the past but it does not build the right kind of culture.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

As in Karlsson wants Couture off the team, or Karlsson wants to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad