Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Well of course Logan's gonna think he's still worth something around the league. From the outside, it's not that he's a bad player or anything, he's just on the wrong side of 30 on a high-AAV long-term contract that's gonna end when he's close to 40, with all of this being in a flat-cap in a league where most contending teams are having cap problems. And if teams do want him, but he's unwilling to leave, then he's stuck here and the room is gonna need to figure out something quick.

If all this is true, I appreciate his loyalty, but ultimately something's gotta give at some point.
Loyalty? To location mostly. I think GMs like Wilson and B. Murray have severely underestimated the value of their franchise locations when handing out these NMC/M-NTC. They have made their teams country clubs for players and didn’t get nearly enough out of it for their franchises. Now their teams goes down the tubes and what can they do about it? They have old, overpaid players who they basically just have to eat until they don’t want to be there anymore.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Dude's declared bankruptcy, is being sued, is reportedly hated by his teammates, is having a public fight with his estranged wife and is getting investigated by the NHL for gambling on games.

Posting having dinner at a fancy restaurant seems really dumb and unnecessary.
The reason to why he's in all those situations is because he's really dumb.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Dude's declared bankruptcy, is being sued, is reportedly hated by his teammates, is having a public fight with his estranged wife and is getting investigated by the NHL for gambling on games.

Posting having dinner at a fancy restaurant seems really dumb and unnecessary.

Or maybe since he knows he didn't fix games he doesn't give a f*** what some gold digger said. Kane is an idiot, for his own numerous moronic actions and for choosing his partners based on everything but personality and humbleness. If you think Kane is the only gambling addict you are sorely mistaken. There are gambling addicts, secret drug addicts, severe alcoholics, drunk driving NHL players you name it. History has proven this and the game never changes, just the players.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Based on the last few pages of locker room stuff, if this all blows up and they move on from a few key players (not just Kane), what's the likelihood DW is the GM for the rebuild? He's seem to have been re-tooling forever, mostly because SJS has always been a playoff team.

Would they let him dismantle and do the rebuild, or is his fate tied to some of these guys do you think? He's been there a long time and it seems much like Holland in Detroit, there could be some resistance to parting ways. Not sure who else is out there they would trust to do the rebuild.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Or maybe since he knows he didn't fix games he doesn't give a f*** what some gold digger said. Kane is an idiot, for his own numerous moronic actions and for choosing his partners based on everything but personality and humbleness. If you think Kane is the only gambling addict you are sorely mistaken. There are gambling addicts, secret drug addicts, severe alcoholics, drunk driving NHL players you name it. History has proven this and the game never changes, just the players.

I don't know how to tell you this, but that's not the real issue with posting that picture. Even if you ignore the estranged-wife and the gambling investigation, flaunting that you're spending money frivolously while seeking protection from creditors and being sued by a creditor is a supremely stupid thing to do.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Based on the last few pages of locker room stuff, if this all blows up and they move on from a few key players (not just Kane), what's the likelihood DW is the GM for the rebuild? He's seem to have been re-tooling forever, mostly because SJS has always been a playoff team.

Would they let him dismantle and do the rebuild, or is his fate tied to some of these guys do you think? He's been there a long time and it seems much like Holland in Detroit, there could be some resistance to parting ways. Not sure who else is out there they would trust to do the rebuild.

I would prefer that he not be involved at all considering he put all this together but I have my doubts that we have an owner that is up to speed enough to know the problems here let alone what it takes to resolve it.

Reactions: North Cole

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I would prefer that he not be involved at all considering he put all this together but I have my doubts that we have an owner that is up to speed enough to know the problems here let alone what it takes to resolve it.

Thats fair. Sometimes these guys hold positions for 20 years and accrue a lot of goodwill so it can be tough. Our team has the opposite problem where we normally try to send GMs and coaches to the gallows after 3 years.

Seems many Sharks fans here share the same sentiment about wanting him out.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
It's not like this is an isolated incident for him. He's had problems every where he goes, how many stories have to come out before it's ok to judge him?

I am wondering the same thing. How many of your friends have to tell you that someone is bad news for you to believe them? Probably just need one or two reliable sources of people. We have plenty on Kane. Not sure what else people need, a video of him treating his wife and kid like shit, then storming out the door to go gamble?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...ah, the Deadbeat Dad Homepage look...

thumbsdown.gif

Reactions: Fatass

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Wow sire. Karlsson has been so worst, that I ain't even surprised if some of the sharks players want him gone. Must be frustrating to play ice hockey with him. He ain't the same man he once was. The contract is horror like brando for real.

The sharks have some real talented good guys, but right now it seems to be a fantastic mess of everything. GM doug wilson imo made it happen long time ago. Keeping captains who were stripped off the C... the only team that did that in professional sports. I mean they had three (3) former and current captains still playing... pavelski, marleau, big joeyo. That's weirdo right there sire. Wilson made it like a fun club for men with money, to have fun and play with their fantastico land at the same time. Not all bout hockey, but for fun and life too. The fun club might be over now. But the identity is long glued there.

At least its a possibility that karlsson can return to some resemblance of himself. Jones was trash and vlasic is cooked. Much like couture they are stuck with these contracts. If we see it again who knows but hes young enough and talented enough to be a 60 point guy. Would make a huge difference on the impact to this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad