Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I remember when some argued it was the big meanies on Winnipeg treating Kane badly for various reasons. Looks like this is even more confirmation that he's just a bad teammate and person. :thumbd:

The guy probably wants his contract terminated at this point. Claim bankruptcy and go play in the KHL for a few million.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I remember when some argued it was the big meanies on Winnipeg treating Kane badly for various reasons. Looks like this is even more confirmation that he's just a bad teammate and person. :thumbd:

The guy probably wants his contract terminated at this point. Claim bankruptcy and go play in the KHL for a few million.

He'd probably end up in HUGE gambling debt with the Russian mob and, well...

BK doesn't solve his problems. It enables them.

Edited to add "probably"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I think it was more shown that both things can and are true.

Reactions: grapes55

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Wouldn't that leave them with no Quebec born players?
Pretty sure the government would intervene, I'm only half joking there.

...nope, Bargain Bin signed a few in the offseason...we're good to go!!...:laugh:

The package will include Vlasic

...not in this or any other Lifetime...San Jose is stuck with that one...

Reactions: Larry Hanson

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
That's the thing : it's a gamble, based on the fact that Kane can absolutely not play for the Sharks anymore due to suspicions about his gambling activities, but that his termination without any penalty whatsoever isn't a given.

Ya Sharks are not paying assets to get rid of him. In the case where he is cleared and found innocent. Teams will then likely be willing to trade something of value for him, at least a few teams as he is valuable on the ice. Likely wont be in San Jose. So once again, no need to gamble. Either it gets terminated or someone will be willing to trade something for him, not like us giving up Kane and unprotected 1sts to get rid of him. Thats a joke

If Chicago can get long term LTIR for Hossa being allergic to pads, im certain if the Sharks have 0 involvement which they dont, Kane will get punished solo here and Sharks will be off the hook.

Very likely they would get no penalty with the contract termination

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
As much of a scumbag as he seems to be, I'd be truly surprised if any actual, concrete proof surfaced of him betting on hockey games.

Given that, his legal problems are all off the ice, and as such, I fully expect him to be in uniform and ready to go when training camps open. It's not like he's the first professional athlete to have financial problems, be going through a messy divorce, or just generally being an a-hole. We can all be morally outraged, but unless somebody actually proves he did something illegal that would prevent him from competing, he's still going to have a job come the fall.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Really tough situation for the Sharks. No one will take him, his teammates don't want him, and if you just buy him out that's bad for the cap and you lose one of your top scorers. No matter what they do, they lose.

Not really. The team is not built for any kind of run right now. Losing Kane is a blessing in disguise because maybe DW will wake up and actually begin a real rebuild because of it.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Ya Sharks are not paying assets to get rid of him. In the case where he is cleared and found innocent. Teams will then likely be willing to trade something of value for him, at least a few teams as he is valuable on the ice. Likely wont be in San Jose. So once again, no need to gamble. Either it gets terminated or someone will be willing to trade something for him, not like us giving up Kane and unprotected 1sts to get rid of him. Thats a joke

If Chicago can get long term LTIR for Hossa being allergic to pads, im certain if the Sharks have 0 involvement which they dont, Kane will get punished solo here and Sharks will be off the hook.

Very likely they would get no penalty with the contract termination

Termination would involve no penalty. That's pretty implicit, unless it's wrongful termination.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I actually dont think he is a bad teammate, at least in San Jose, he is just a bad professional. There hasnt been anything about Kane his whole tenure with the Sharks till now. I believe the meat of why his teammates want him out is cause he shows up late and misses practices and such

Reactions: Jmo89

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
As much of a scumbag as he seems to be, I'd be truly surprised if any actual, concrete proof surfaced of him betting on hockey games.

Given that, his legal problems are all off the ice, and as such, I fully expect him to be in uniform and ready to go when training camps open. It's not like he's the first professional athlete to have financial problems, be going through a messy divorce, or just generally being an a-hole. We can all be morally outraged, but unless somebody actually proves he did something illegal that would prevent him from competing, he's still going to have a job come the fall.
Pretty much this, one thing I’ll add, if he did bet on shark games it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out. I don’t think the bitter ex wife is a great source here even if I think Kane might be a bit of a dirt bag.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
...to Montreal for Jonathan Drouin...just so the Montreal Media can explode in a glorious shytestorm...:laugh:
That’s idiotic for SJ. They obviously hang onto Kane and if guilty void the contract. If not guilty they play him a d attempt a trade later.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
I actually dont think he is a bad teammate, at least in San Jose, he is just a bad professional. There hasnt been anything about Kane his whole tenure with the Sharks till now. I believe the meat of why his teammates want him out is cause he shows up late and misses practices and such

You’re describing a bad teammate.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You’re describing a bad teammate.
I think what that poster meant to say is that he wasn't the type of bad teammate that ends up in confrontations/fights/arguments with teammates, and generally gets along with everyone. His (supposed) missed practices/late appearances are bad though. So two different interpretations of being "a good teammate."

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s typically difficult to move a highly paid vet with term who isn’t clearly outplaying his deal. Add in off ice issues and it becomes really hard. I imagine that Wilson was asked for significant sweeteners to take Kane which may or may not have surprised him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad