Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
You are stuck w/him at least for now.

4 mo seasons at 7per

gun to my head, would take 3m retained down to 4 and add Strome + Geo but would want next 4 unprotected SJ 1sts

I understand and don't insist Sharks fans go there, just saying that is what it would take for NYR to go there.

Why even post this, if the sharks were giving up 4 1sts they would get Eichel for less, they are not paying that to get rid of there best scorer

Maybe that head needs a pistol whipping to knock some sense back in it,. Instead of making non realistic 0% chance, ludicrous comments

Feb 19, 2018
If half the team wanted him gone they should have stayed quiet. Good luck even giving him away with half his salary retained. Guy has been a cancer on every team he’s played for in the NHL

Reactions: TML1990

JumboJoe23

Aug 5, 2021
You are stuck w/him at least for now.

4 mo seasons at 7per

gun to my head, would take 3m retained down to 4 and add Strome + Geo but would want next 4 unprotected SJ 1sts

I understand and don't insist Sharks fans go there, just saying that is what it would take for NYR to go there.

This is so dumb why would Sharks give up that much just to get rid of Kane when they could get Eichel with that

Lol

Reactions: hockfan1991

JumboJoe23

Aug 5, 2021
Why even post this, if the sharks were giving up 4 1sts they would get Eichel for less, they are not paying that to get rid of there best scorer

Maybe that head needs a pistol whipping to knock some sense back in it,. Instead of making non realistic 0% chance, ludicrous comments

Must have been Harry Ballsanya

Reactions: hockfan1991

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If half the team wanted him gone they should have stayed quiet. Good luck even giving him away with half his salary retained. Guy has been a cancer on every team he’s played for in the NHL

I guarantee you that reports that Sharks teammates want him gone has no bearing on him being nearly impossible to trade.

He's on his 3rd team and his reputation was cultivated on all 3 teams. More importantly, he also has a nearly complete NTC and is in the middle of both a bankruptcy proceeding and a betting investigation.

Feb 19, 2018
I guarantee you that reports that Sharks teammates want him gone has no bearing on him being nearly impossible to trade.

He's on his 3rd team and his reputation was cultivated on all 3 teams. More importantly, he also has a nearly complete NTC and is in the middle of both a bankruptcy proceeding and a betting investigation.
Hence nobody wants him.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hence nobody wants him.
Well thats completely not accurate. The6 may not want him at full market value but he would be picked up fairly easily for the right price. If Tony D can get a contract , kane can still play. Plus inst the NHL suppose to help players who have issues ?

Reactions: themelkman

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He still is a productive player but hes also 30, so likely declining production for 4 years at 7 aav. So it's not just that he has off ice issues.

Feb 19, 2018
Well thats completely not accurate. The6 may not want him at full market value but he would be picked up fairly easily for the right price. If Tony D can get a contract , kane can still play. Plus inst the NHL suppose to help players who have issues ?
Do you think any GM or Coach wants this guy in their dressing room? He is a cancer.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What a waste of talent this guy is. Trending up (at least production wise) even. Just can't get out of his own way. No wonder he's lost the room. They no doubt don't want the distraction. He's also very selfish.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Until the NHL concludes their investigation, no NHL team is going to trade for him. The investigation will take a few months til maybe the end of the season, imo. If they are going to accuse a player of betting on NHL games or their own games they need to have conclusive evidence.

Thus the Sharks are going to have to deal with him til then. If the NHL clears Kane of any wrongdoing, I have no doubt a team or two will take a chance on him but the Sharks will need to retain a couple mil to make that happen.

If they have evidence he bet on his own games, he will be banned from the league and his contract will be voided. If they have evidence he bet on NHL games he will be suspended for at least one season and if the Sharks want they will be able to void his contract, and they probably will.

RoyalRed

Apr 8, 2013
Until the NHL concludes their investigation, no NHL team is going to trade for him. The investigation will take a few months til maybe the end of the season, imo. If they are going to accuse a player of betting on NHL games or their own games they need to have conclusive evidence.

Thus the Sharks are going to have to deal with him til then. If the NHL clears Kane of any wrongdoing, I have no doubt a team or two will take a chance on him but the Sharks will need to retain a couple mil to make that happen.

If they have evidence he bet on his own games, he will be banned from the league and his contract will be voided. If they have evidence he bet on NHL games he will be suspended for at least one season and if the Sharks want they will be able to void his contract, and they probably will.
Yup, pretty much covers it here. Just have to let this one play out. Good luck to the Sharks if they're actually trying to trade him.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
In terms of style of play and talent, I think he’d be a great fit on the Devils especially if they can get him for nothing. Obviously character issues are a problem, but he is a power forward who can score and that’s not something they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad