Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
His team mates want him gone, is that the rumour?

That would make two teams where this guy was essentially kicked off the team.

Im not surprised but I can’t recall hearing this in the NHL before.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You are stuck w/him at least for now.

4 mo seasons at 7per

gun to my head, would take 3m retained down to 4 and add Strome + Geo but would want next 4 unprotected SJ 1sts

I understand and don't insist Sharks fans go there, just saying that is what it would take for NYR to go there.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

4 mo seasons at 7per

gun to my head, would take 3m retained down to 4 and add Strome + Geo but would want next 4 unprotected SJ 1sts

I understand and don't insist Sharks fans go there, just saying that is what it would take for NYR to go there.
Too funny
Thanks for sharing?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

4 mo seasons at 7per

That’s not even realistic in the slightest bern.ignoring his ability to play, 3x4 does not cost 4 unprotected firsts from a bad team.

he’ll just sit until a good buyout time like TDA if no ones giving positive value

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
And
Its ok you dont understand how your own team won. It wasnt on talent. But you will find that out this year, its going to be a long one in montreal.

He buys in but all his teammates want him gone?... Uhhh
And Soon it will be, ur clueless uf u cant see the riding talent in mtl :laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

4 mo seasons at 7per

Just stop. The Sharks aren't paying anyone to take Kane off their hands no matter how the investigation plays itself out.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That’s not even realistic in the slightest bern.ignoring his ability to play, 3x4 does not cost 4 unprotected firsts from a bad team.

he’ll just sit until a good buyout time like TDA if no ones giving positive value

hence my disclaimer in the last sentence
"I understand and don't insist Sharks fans go there, just saying that is what it would take for NYR to go there"

I agree holding for now makes most sense
and
If you really need to jettison him, then expect cap rich SEA is a better bet.

But I stand by what I said.
In order for NYR to have profitable enuf deal to consider this
4 yrs
would require heavy futures return

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

OP asked what would it take.
I gave a legit answer based on huge negatives attached to the player.

Note my 1st and last sentences also, pls

No, the OP didn't ask what it would take. The OP literally just reported that the Sharks tried to trade Kane...that's it. Also, you didn't give a legit answer and you know it. That's why you listed every caveat imaginable.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
He's essentially a poopy diaper. At one point he was useful, and then became nothing but a pile of doodoo that nobody wants hanging around.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Not if the league has evidence of betting on NHL games.
Anyone can answer this question I am about to ask, I am not a CBA guy and was generally curious

If these claims are indeed true, does the league itself terminate/void the contract or would it be the SJS organization?
I can see a case for either. Especially with as image conscious that Gary Bettman has made the NHL

TYIA

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Anyone can answer this question I am about to ask, I am not a CBA guy and was generally curious

If these claims are indeed true, does the league itself terminate/void the contract or would it be the SJS organization?
I can see a case for either. Especially with as image conscious that Gary Bettman has made the NHL

TYIA

It would be the league but if they don't, it doesn't mean the team can't go through a termination process themselves depending on the grounds they would be taking.

Reactions: Lt Dan

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And

And Soon it will be, ur clueless uf u cant see the riding talent in mtl :laugh:
So you actually think a team that couldnt win from coming from behind was winning on talent and not on their buy in, systems and shut down ability? Talk about clueless. Imagine following a team this closely and having zero understanding of what worked for them. What a waste of time.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So you actually think a team that couldnt win from coming from behind was winning on talent and not on their buy in, systems and shut down ability? Talk about clueless. Imagine following a team this closely and having zero understanding of what worked for them. What a waste of time.
It's only the beginning with suzuki kk caufield Romanov guhle and norlinder. If you actually think these playoffs dictate the Habs core forever ur clueless. Esp if we add eichel, this team will be amazing offensively

Also u do realize this year will be another year of full development from our young ones where we expect them to perform even better offensively. WhaT do u expect them to dominate offensively at that young age?

And a winning culture can turn a bad teammate into a good one.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's only the beginning with suzuki kk caufield Romanov guhle and norlinder. If you actually think these playoffs dictate the Habs core forever ur clueless. Esp if we add eichel, this team will be amazing offensively

Also u do realize this year will be another year of full development from our young ones where we expect them to perform even better offensively. WhaT do u expect them to dominate offensively at that young age?

And a winning culture can turn a bad teammate into a good one.
So Montreal loses what makes them good but their young players who were very good last year are going to improve by leaps and bounds to not only make up for it but make them that much better. Right, is every teams young players going to take a huge step or is that mutually exclusive just to the habs?

Do you think that losing Danault, Perry and Weber its going to be the same culture? Especially when they are replaced with players like Hoffman? You're living in a dream world.

Reactions: Toronto makebeleifs

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So Montreal loses what makes them good but their young players who were very good last year are going to improve by leaps and bounds to not only make up for it but make them that much better. Right, is every teams young players going to take a huge step or is that mutually exclusive just to the habs?

Do you think that losing Danault, Perry and Weber its going to be the same culture? Especially when they are replaced with players like Hoffman? You're living in a dream world.
Over the next few years sure, and if there's one team's young players to sig improve the team is the Habs ones as we have seen them do just that these playoffs (Suzuki and Caufield were huge, and KK stepped up).

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
SJ is not paying anything to dump Kane.

They are a potential bubble team with him, without him or someone to replace him, probably a lottery team and if they’re a lottery team, his cap hit is irrelevant.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

OP asked what would it take.
I gave a legit answer based on huge negatives attached to the player.

Note my 1st and last sentences also, pls
But you didn't. Dumping Kane even at full cap hit very obviously would not require four unprotected 1sts from a likely lottery team.

horner

May 22, 2007
If rumors are true that he bet on hockey game the NHL may void his contract .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad