Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Hearing the Montreal should sign him joke for the 3000th time in 5 different players' threads
60bbf1852e75351c85d4a6e0907e6bcd.jpg
These kinds of replies make me hope that people will continue to make the Montreal jokes, thinnest skins ever.

:thumbu:

Reactions: slurpee addict

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
As people have probably already stated, the Sharks should be stuck with him for the time being. There's no upside to trading for him right now, if ever after all of his controversies.
But if some org did however, what happens to the trade if he gets banned? Are the assets or the cap space spent just gone?
Cap space would probably be negated, but if you spent any more than just cap space to acquire him, you probably would still see the assets go.

Given everything is public as of now, I would suppose that any trade that might happen from now on involving him, would see the team having Kane losing him and his cap hit removed from their payroll if he's suspended/banned by the league.

Before all of this came to light, I guess you could argue that the ''other'' team couldn't know, but now that it's public, if a GM offers a pick+player of what ever kind of trade, they are doing so fully knowing the player might not be eligible to play in the future.

Besides, we might never know, but any trade must be approuved by the league, maybe the league just told Sharks don't even bother sending papers until we're clear on this one.

Reactions: JustaFinnishGuy

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He’s tied himself to some anchors in his young life. I hope some of the claims are false and he can still play some hockey. It’s too bad his “teammates” wouldn’t support him during this time where no hard evidence has been given.
Give me a break , he has a history .............I hope his kids are alright out of all this ,I am not worried about this selfish SOB............

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I can appreciate that the Sharks are trying to get whatever they can for Kane; if there are no takers which is the most likely scenario IMO, then they just need to let the legal process play out in the hopes that they can be rid of his contract.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
He’s tied himself to some anchors in his young life. I hope some of the claims are false and he can still play some hockey. It’s too bad his “teammates” wouldn’t support him during this time where no hard evidence has been given.
Perhaps they know more than us considering, you know, they’re his TEAMMATES?

Reactions: Oryxo

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Doug Wilson just can't step away from the big fish. A past his prime Erik Karlsson, a head case in Kane, huge anchor contract after huge anchor contract.

Reactions: Marner4Life

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If he was actually betting on the Sharks to lose games, then I think they would have a precedent to void his contract

Yeah but if he's not proven guilty of that?

Therse's probably not a lot of guys in the league who'd like to play with someone who just abandons his family like that

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Best bet is letting this investigation play out and hope you have an out to terminate the contract.

Reactions: abo9

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah but if he's not proven guilty of that?

Therse's probably not a lot of guys in the league who'd like to play with someone who just abandons his family like that
That's part of it the other part is he's a piece of shit teammate who thinks he's bigger than everyone else.

Guys can somewhat forgive some of the things that happen in a guy's personal life as truthfully no one knows the whole story other than Anna and Evander. But when you start having red flag after red flag every year, that's when guys start to lose their tolerance

Reactions: Oryxo and abo9

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Given everything is public as of now, I would suppose that any trade that might happen from now on involving him, would see the team having Kane losing him and his cap hit removed from their payroll if he's suspended/banned by the league.

Before all of this came to light, I guess you could argue that the ''other'' team couldn't know, but now that it's public, if a GM offers a pick+player of what ever kind of trade, they are doing so fully knowing the player might not be eligible to play in the future.

Besides, we might never know, but any trade must be approuved by the league, maybe the league just told Sharks don't even bother sending papers until we're clear on this one.
Yup. Imagine being that team to trade for Kane and then not only losing whatever assets were offered up for the trade, but also losing Kane if the investigation comes back with an NHL ban. Can't see it happening. Don't even bother.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
I don't see it happening. I think SJ is stuck with him until the results of the investigation are in. At most, I see a team giving up a single very late round pick.

Reactions: DaveG

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Grabbing a girl by the throat in Buffalo, the money phone, gambling, bad husband, bad teammate.....great guy though
Only a real scumbag would put a stack of bills to his ear like a phone. Should have been banned from the NHL for life after that. /s

Why are people even still talking about that? It's seriously nothing.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
since day one, this was an ego-centric, selfish, incredibly immature person who simply put, holds no accountability for his own actions because he’s always gotten away with it.

I remember him blasting the fans in Winnipeg calling them racists instead of facing his own self-induced antics that got him into trouble in the first place and forced his way out of town.

Then, the shenanigans began in Buffalo where he got into trouble and with no doubt, got away with things despite them being pretty serious only to land in San Jose. I thought at that point, he was finally exactly where he wanted to be and would smooth out and fly straight… now, here we are.

A spade is a spade at this point. He WILL not change unless he’s entirely held accountable for his actions and dumb GMs stop giving life to these types of degenerates

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I wonder what the acceptable level of proof is required in order to void a contract. If there are no criminal charges involved, it would be a case of " he said, she said" and I doubt if the NHLPA would accept that. There are also organizations focused on racism who would have a much higher standard of required proof. They are loud enough to cause a major embarrassment for the NHL.

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that there will not be sufficient grounds to void the contract. I am unaware of a criminal investigation as gambling is not illegal

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Thats extreme. Its not a felony to break your employment contract or ignore your family. As far as anyone can tell he hasnt committed any crimes.
You may want to look up the Boston College Basketball Point Shaving scandal to see what Kane may be in for if any of those allegations are true. The stuff he can and likely would be charged with absolutely are felonies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This toxic player has the same trade value as a Drouin. Nothing. He’s untouchable right now. Wouldn’t be one team in the entire league that wants to speak to San Jose about him.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Maybe SJ can pay Arizona to take him off their hands? Arizona has no problem taking on everyone’s garbage contracts in exchange for draft picks.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
That's part of it the other part is he's a piece of shit teammate who thinks he's bigger than everyone else.

Guys can somewhat forgive some of the things that happen in a guy's personal life as truthfully no one knows the whole story other than Anna and Evander. But when you start having red flag after red flag every year, that's when guys start to lose their tolerance

and seriously, f the public is aware of so much bad stuff going on, how much do the actual players and trainers know? I imagine that only part of it leaks, not everything.

Sucks for the Sharks, on ice performances seemed fine. But, hockey is a team's sport so as long as players sont want him in the room there is no place for him

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Kane has always been this kind of person. The info has been available and Wilson still signed him to a big deal. This is just the latest accusation. Shame on anybody who makes a commitment with this person, professional or personal.

Reactions: BillPrep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad