Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Maybe SJ can pay Arizona to take him off their hands? Arizona has no problem taking on everyone’s garbage contracts in exchange for draft picks.

That would only work if San Jose was willing to pay in draft picks to have a contract taken off their hands and if Kane was willing to go there because he has a three team trade list. If the league doesn't outright cancel his contract, chances are they will either just send him home and pay him to sit or waive him and assign him to an AHL team where it'll be up to him to report and if he doesn't, they'll pursue termination that way.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
What a bunch of fools the NHL and most of its fans are.

I would take Kane on thr Habs in a heartbeat. I dont give the slightest of Fs what he does at home. Just like it doesnt change anything hockey wise what Mailloux did or any other hockey player.

A players personal life choices should not impact his career. If he prefers to gamble and party and ignore his wife, than so be it. Is he a douche bag ? Yes. Does it make him any less of a hockey player? No.

Lose the moral shtick guys

Sometimes Walmart has the best price on items I need to purchase but I refuse to shop there because it's such a terrible company, even if it means paying a higher price somewhere else.

Is that moral shtick?

Sometimes people care about things other than the bottom line.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
What a bunch of fools the NHL and most of its fans are.

I would take Kane on thr Habs in a heartbeat. I dont give the slightest of Fs what he does at home. Just like it doesnt change anything hockey wise what Mailloux did or any other hockey player.

A players personal life choices should not impact his career. If he prefers to gamble and party and ignore his wife, than so be it. Is he a douche bag ? Yes. Does it make him any less of a hockey player? No.

Lose the moral shtick guys
If only Kane played in the NFL. By the looks of things there's not a lot of fans of that league posting here

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
If he's that big of a pain in the dressing room, let him dress with the visiting team....

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That would only work if San Jose was willing to pay in draft picks to have a contract taken off their hands and if Kane was willing to go there because he has a three team trade list. If the league doesn't outright cancel his contract, chances are they will either just send him home and pay him to sit or waive him and assign him to an AHL team where it'll be up to him to report and if he doesn't, they'll pursue termination that way.

Yeah, most likely. It puzzles me that he managed to get a NTC during contract negotiations. After all the drama he’s caused in Winnipeg, you’d think he would’ve lost the privilege of being able to dictate future trade destinations.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Which teams would consider taking on Evander Kane?
Not his contract, but his personality.

He's already struggled on teams with great leadership and tight-knit locker rooms, and was even worse in losing organization with poor leadership.
He's struggled to fit in Canada, he's struggled fit in on the coast.

Maybe Jersey? Nashville? Arizona?

I'm not sure if there's an environment that would let him be who he is.
If a 1 year old daughter, and a pregnant wife didn't change him, chances no place will.

Last edited:
Reactions: powerstuck

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Which teams would consider taking on Evander Kane?
Not his contract, but his personality.

He's already struggled on teams with great leadership and tight-knit locker rooms, and was even worse in losing organization with poor leadership.
He's struggled to fit in Canada, he's struggled fit in on the coast.

Maybe Jersey? Nashville? Arizona?

I'm not sure if there's an environment that would let him be who he is.
If a 1 year old daughter, and a pregnant wife didn't change him, chances no place will.
A winning team. Seems he's not a worth while team mate on a losing team. The Jets, Sabres and now the Sharks

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I wonder what the acceptable level of proof is required in order to void a contract. If there are no criminal charges involved, it would be a case of " he said, she said" and I doubt if the NHLPA would accept that. There are also organizations focused on racism who would have a much higher standard of required proof. They are loud enough to cause a major embarrassment for the NHL.

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that there will not be sufficient grounds to void the contract. I am unaware of a criminal investigation as gambling is not illegal

There do not need to be criminal charges. Any evidence that Kane bet on any NHL game (doesn't even need to be a Sharks game) will be sufficient for a lifetime ban from the league and termination of his contract. Betting on NHL games is a big no-no for players and coaches.

Reactions: DaveG

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
A winning team. Seems he's not a worth while team mate on a losing team. The Jets, Sabres and now the Sharks

Would the Caps, Pens, or Avalanche send their dumps for Kane?

Wonder if a team like the Oilers would send cap dumps like Koskinen+Kassian+Turris and then hope he gets banned.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
There do not need to be criminal charges. Any evidence that Kane bet on any NHL game (doesn't even need to be a Sharks game) will be sufficient for a lifetime ban from the league and termination of his contract. Betting on NHL games is a big no-no for players and coaches.

this is exactly what I was thinking. There needs to be evidence but, without an actual police investigation, can reliable evidence be produced? Is there anyone willing or motivated to provide that evidence?

If it is not illegal, who would actually be compelled to provide that sort of evidence? Accusations from an ex wife are probably not reliable enough to convince the NHLPA or the organizations who deal with racism in the NHL. I would tend to believe he did gamble but there is probably not a scenario where irrefutable evidence is made available to the NHL.

This is almost a worst case scenario where the consensus is he did it but the court (or lack of an police investigation) does not endorse that. Reminds me of OJ Simpson. The NHL is in a tough spot

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If he's that big of a pain in the dressing room, let him dress with the visiting team....
This is exactly the kind of cutting edge thinking that we need in this world

200.gif

Promote @north49er to moderator!

Reactions: HolyCrap

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
hope san jose just buys him out, i can't imagine what team would purposely bring him in. sure there are desperate teams, but they are desperate to get better, not acquire bigger problems

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The guy just keeps on being a problem, everywhere he goes.....
No way anyone brings him into their room..........
Not too mention, if he is found guilty, then his NHL career is over...betting on his own games? His own league?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Trade doesn't seem viable at this time

Only viable options are

1) Buyout = They go down road of being like Wild having two relatively high and lengthy buyouts in Kane + Jones if that is case

2) Hold onto him and he is found to have not bet= Hope that nothing comes of investigation and that vets in locker room can ease up tensions or they go away outright once the games begin

3) Hold onto him and he is found to have bet = He is punished by league (Most likely banned) and thus contract goes away

Last edited:
Reactions: BSHH

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Would the Caps, Pens, or Avalanche send their dumps for Kane?

Wonder if a team like the Oilers would send cap dumps like Koskinen+Kassian+Turris and then hope he gets banned.
Yes. Pens should package zucker petterson and Simon for kane.....lots of teams be willing to take a gamble (!!) But at a far reduced price now

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
It seems like he needs to be somewhere where there's a strong leadership group. When we had Pavelski and Thornton in the lockerroom, you'd never hear anything about issues with Kane. Suddenly once both are gone the Kane problems start.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yes. Pens should package zucker petterson and Simon for kane.....lots of teams be willing to take a gamble (!!) But at a far reduced price now

Provided his contract isn't cancelled, I'd do Zucker and Simon for Kane but not Pettersson. We simply don't have the roster space for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad