Post-Game Talk: Same Old... 3-0 Wild

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

The Oilers are still masters of finding ways to lose, but that Buffalo team...just so terrible in almost every way. Should be a crime to create that bad of a team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The 3-0 Shutout against San Jose convinced me that this team ****in' sucks,but that we won't get first overall because of how Ben Scrivens can steal games when this team has no business even being in the games.

Simple solution: play Brzygalov.

Don't underestimate the tank.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
was at the game.

Honestly.... People were looking at me angrily when I was cheering....

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's not a library. Seriously people....

And nothing against old people, but if you're 65 and can't handle noise, maybe call it a day and watch from home.

For the record, I wasn't being obnoxious or drunk or anything, just joining the Let's Go Oilers chant from section 201

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
was at the game.

Honestly.... People were looking at me angrily when I was cheering....

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's not a library. Seriously people....

And nothing against old people, but if you're 65 and can't handle noise, maybe call it a day and watch from home.

For the record, I wasn't being obnoxious or drunk or anything, just joining the Let's Go Oilers chant from section 201

I'd probably be pretty angry too if I saw someone cheering for this team at a home game.

:sarcasm:

Or is it?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Oilers are still masters of finding ways to lose, but that Buffalo team...just so terrible in almost every way. Should be a crime to create that bad of a team.

Continuing with Cloned's Darth Vader theme....

"Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

The Sabres' tank is the Death Star. They've built it on purpose.

The Oilers, on the other hand, are the Force. Just an innate ability to suck that's always there.

We won't be out-sucked.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This team hasn't responded to the previous 2 coaches. I don't think it's a big surprise they're not responding to this one.

To be fair, it's hard to connect with rich, spoiled brats who are made multi-millionaires without accomplishing anything of real substance (like winning a playoff round--hell, just getting to the playoffs. Personal points mean nothing if there's no team success). That's why I don't idolize any of these players to ANY extent. Rich little ******, the whole lot of them.

You just can't come in with Eakins' attitude, start yelling and making demands and expect them to capitulate. They have their own (massive) egos and will mostly do what they want. You need someone with a LOT of experience to manipulate them into doing what you want. That's what the best coaches are able to do. Eakins is a con-man and a fraud. He's being exposed for what he is. Should've either have kept Ralph or hire someone with ****ing EXPERIENCE. It's so simple, yet these idiots running the team are just...so stupid.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
the Oilers have had 3 1st overalls and are still horrible

thats the real crime

we had the worst 3 in a row 1st overall pick maybe in the history of the game. Not sure you can find a worse 3 without including one of our 3 in the list. And by that I mean taking Hall out for Mac and even then I think Hall is the best of our three and arguably as good as Mackinnon

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
we had the worst 3 in a row 1st overall pick maybe in the history of the game. Not sure you can find a worse 3 without including one of our 3 in the list. And by that I mean taking Hall out for Mac and even then I think Hall is the best of our three and arguably as good as Mackinnon

Daigle-Jovo-Berard-Phillips is pretty close, although the difference is that it wasn't only one team making the #1 pick each year...

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Daigle-Jovo-Berard-Phillips is pretty close, although the difference is that it wasn't only one team making the #1 pick each year...

In the past 10 years. But yes those are correct. And even then, Berard was a freak accident and Phillips wasn't bad at all.

You get my point though right?

We literally hit our worst during the driest spell

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Honestly I think Eberle needs to be moved. The locker room needs a shakeup, show that nobody is safe. If you move Yak over him, it just reaffirms to Hall, RNH and Eberle that this is their team and they can do no wrong. Plus Eberle could net a decent return.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
In the past 10 years. But yes those are correct. And even then, Berard was a freak accident and Phillips wasn't bad at all.

Yakupov was also a brutal, awful choice. Not sure how a small, soft-ish winger was going to help turn around a team with God-awful defense and goaltender problems. Plus he's Russian, whom inherently have less value. Just ask any GM trying to trade one. That's just scratching the surface of that debacle. Beyond stupid, that pick was.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Don't assume this to be true. :laugh:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Something funny that I saw near the start of the game. When the Oilers were walking through the club on their way to the ice they walked by Wickenheiser and Szabados who were waiting to do their ceremonial puck drop. The only Oiler to stop and congratulate them (and give them some fist bumps) was Bryzgalov.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008

Stefan-Dipietro-Kovalchuk was pretty bad as well, as the first two's struggles pretty much outweigh all the good Kovalchuk did in his career. Plus, he's out of the league at 30.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Stefan-Dipietro-Kovalchuk was pretty bad as well, as the first two's struggles pretty much outweigh all the good Kovalchuk did in his career. Plus, he's out of the league at 30.

I disagree man.

I still think ours might just be worse.

But you're right that this is a good list

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
the Oilers have had 3 1st overalls and are still horrible

thats the real crime

I don't believe that at all

-You take Hall off this roster and put him on virtually any other team in the league, and he'd already be considered one of the elite players in the game.
-RNH was a bit of a weak pick in a weak draft year, but he's still a solid NHL player who is being asked to carry a bad NHL club as it's top line center.
-Even Yakupov was trending upwards as a high potential player before the Oilers hired the disastrous Eakins.

They have never had the luxury of slotting behind established offensive players, stable or experienced coaching, strong leadership, or a defensively sound team. They've stepped onto a bad hockey club, been told they are the saviors and treated like rockstars, and yet have to go out and try to win games against the best hockey opponents in the world with a team that is a contender for worst in the league with or with them.

The problem with the Oilers isn't the picks, it's the management group that has completely dropped the ball when it comes to developing and supporting some very talented players. Drafting 1st overall should have been just a small part of the larger effort to rebuild the franchise; instead management sat on their hands like drafting first overall was the only thing they had to do to rebuild.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
The problem with the Oilers isn't the picks, it's the management group that has completely dropped the ball when it comes to developing and supporting some very talented players. Drafting 1st overall should have been just a small part of the larger effort to rebuild the franchise; instead management sat on their hands like drafting first overall was the only thing they had to do to rebuild.

I doubt the management even had the brain power to do that. Don't know what's worse, the managements performance, or the teams lack of commitment. A poster nailed it, this is a team of spoiled brats who play like they are here to just collect a paycheck. No heart, no pride, they don't care. Only time they do is when the heat is turned up high on them.

This entire organization is such a clown show.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
only highlights / lowlights on NHL.com:

the first goal was an absolute defensive joke. suckered so bad.

knuckle slapper goal: Belov taking way too long to pick up his guy down low (after Ference is yelling at him to) led to that along with forwards not picking up the shooter.

Heatley knees goal: defensive joke.

how they actually try to sell this as a "functioning team" is ridiculous.
way too reactive, scared and under skilled (aka hockey IQ in general). they suck. 100%.

get away from me until next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad