Post-Game Talk: Same Old... 3-0 Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Defenseman never join those scrums unless it's close to a brawl. The face-off comes outside the zone if they do.

RNH standing up to Keith Ballard is more important than having some player flying in to rescue him from a 5'10'' cream puff.

Hall handled Cooke fairly easily.

Those guys need to show they can do that and not have players rescue them like they're frail princesses.

Agreed... the kids need to start standing up for themselves sooner or later. Yah it probably wasn't that big of a deal last night as Hall did handle himself ok.. but that play was just one small example of too many over the season showing how easy it is for other teams to push around our kids with no real consequences.

blueracer17

Sep 27, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Defenseman never join those scrums unless it's close to a brawl. The face-off comes outside the zone if they do.

RNH standing up to Keith Ballard is more important than having some player flying in to rescue him from a 5'10'' cream puff.

Those guys need to show they can do that and not have players rescue them like they're frail princesses.

Is this what they are though? They sure act like it....

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Standing up to? ;)

RNH: "Hey, I'm here, I'm manning up, whaddya gonna do about it?"

(Ballard punches Nuge in the face)

RNH: "Hey, I'm like mad now, whaddya gonna do about it."

(Ballard punches Nuge in the face)

Nuge gets extra penalty...:laugh:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like that we don't have to read the "step back from the ledge" posts that used to be so common after these types of crap efforts.

They must have all joined us on the High Level bridge.

mpah

May 18, 2006
Vancouver
www.mpaht.blogspot.com
yeah that game sucked... but at least this happened :yo:

14506_10151990470662106_1609596910_n.jpg

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I know Rexall sounds pretty quiet on the TV lots of nights, but last night seemed like it was just dead. And all the empty seats with 5 minutes left in the game was quite the sight too.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I know Rexall sounds pretty quiet on the TV lots of nights, but last night seemed like it was just dead. And all the empty seats with 5 minutes left in the game was quite the sight too.

haha i actually got shushed. for cheering.... by an old couple

Then they left after the 3-0 goal. Probably season ticket holders haha

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
haha i actually got shushed. for cheering.... by an old couple

Then they left after the 3-0 goal. Probably season ticket holders haha

In fairness to the old couple what could there possibly be to cheer for last night?

Some people are just a bit annoyed when they see a horrible club play yet again, lose yet again, and seeing people apparently disconnected from the reality that Is this team cheering them on?!

Personally I think the wave is kind of annoying. It used to be an expression of joy like the Nana na goodbye stuff when the club is winning.

Now it happens in the 3rd period regardless.

People just have a different view on how to respond to a horrible club I guess

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Was contemplating whether to watch this one or not, but decided against it since we were playing the Wild. Judging by the boxscore and posts here, it looks like I made the right choice. :laugh:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The couple of Oiler fans waving goodbye to Eakins as the game ended like "you're so fired" was probably the highlight of the night.

Last edited:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i really did with people would toss more jerseys on the ice, that is the ultimate sign of eff you to the management of the team

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Long break, out of the playoffs again, the trade deadline approaching. Tough to stay motivated. So I'm not surprised. If they had something to play for, they'd probably have worked harder.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Fan of another team, but saying they have nothing to play for is a big problem. As a professional hockey player they should be playing for their jobs, for better contracts down the road, to show that they want to keep playing for this team.

If the Oilers dog it through the next 20 odd games then they have a bigger problem then coaching and management.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Fan of another team, but saying they have nothing to play for is a big problem. As a professional hockey player they should be playing for their jobs, for better contracts down the road, to show that they want to keep playing for this team.

If the Oilers dog it through the next 20 odd games then they have a bigger problem then coaching and management.

They always do hahaha, I think the 07-08 year was the last time they actually went balls to walk in the last 20

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

You'd think that, but we all learned that when they had a chance to be in a playoff spot and they folded, where the character lies with the team (or doesn't lie).

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm not really confident YET ANOTHER coach is going to fix the problems on this team. They look much the same as they did under Krueger and Renney.

They still can't figure out how to break out of their own zone.

They still can't figure out what a back check is.

They still can't figure out what a fore check is.

They still can't figure out what a body check is.

I get that hockey is a complex game, but is it really that hard when at least 25 other teams have it figured out?
Aren't Buchberger and Smith supposed to be the teachers who were responsible for this over the years? I'm really hoping their replacements can make a difference next year. I'd be shocked to see any more change than that, if that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad