Post-Game Talk: Same Old... 3-0 Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i dont think its a coincidence that as soon as scrivens gets his oilers color pads he gets scored on, he was awesome in his kings gear

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I turned the TV off 3minutes into this one. An alltime record response to this team. Think about that. After not seeing the club play for 3wks I literally couldn't hack it.

Absolute feeling of disgust seeing 12M bucks invested in a pair of hockey players leisurely skating back watching a GA..

To see this after watching TC put on a clinic for a couple weeks and getting a taste of cheering for a real team for once was just too much.

I turned the game back on in the 3rd. But more to get the disaster report than anything.

I noted people booing throughout the 3rd period.

Sheer mercy when yet another Minny goal wiped out the Wave. Is there any other rink where we still see the wave?

I'd like it replaced with people putting up index fingers instead of hands..

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
i dont think its a coincidence that as soon as scrivens gets his oilers color pads he gets scored on, he was awesome in his kings gear

A fine attention to detail that. Trouble is at this point I think it might actually have an effect.

Maybe our 3rd jerseys could be Oil Kings.. I dunno, I'm flailing away here.:laugh:

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Don't see why some give Hall a pass. He did a lot of watching coasting and his giveaways were tape to tape passes.

Will say it again. Eberle and Hall must go. They are leading the entitled.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Don't see why some give Hall a pass. He did a lot of watching coasting and his giveaways were tape to tape passes.

Early in the game one could see actual jump from Hall. He's one of the only reasons to watch this club. Mind you he does get demoralized easily realizing who the headcoach is and what the new failing schemes are.

When I heard that the team spent much of the break working on Eakins new schemes I laughed out loud then almost started swearing.

The first minny goal is a comedy routine. Who's on first base, nobody knows..

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I believe the plan was to do that before this season with Paul Maurice. It was a surprise when Eakins hired Acton instead.

Maurice didn't want an assistant's job, he wanted to be an NHL Head Coach.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
How about we have anyone on the coaching staff that can work with Hall and Eberle before selling them for 20 cents to the dollar.

Although when it comes to the Oilers this year, "coaching" isn't taken literally.

And Eakins still wonders why this singleminded "this is what we're going to do" approach doesn't work in games.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Early in the game one could see actual jump from Hall. He's one of the only reasons to watch this club. Mind you he does get demoralized easily realizing who the headcoach is and what the new failing schemes are.

When I heard that the team spent much of the break working on Eakins new schemes I laughed out loud then almost started swearing.

The first minny goal is a comedy routine. Who's on first base, nobody knows..

Did you hear any of Eakins interviews over the break? When he came here he thought he knew what this team needed to do to win but this season has been a learning experience. Now he knows what this team needs to do to win so things are good.

Then they played a hockey game and now it looks like he once again thought he knew but it looks more like what he thought was wrong.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
RNH on the first Minny goal waving traffic around while being a stationary pylon as a routine 3 on 3 becomes a 3 on 2 with RNH just standing there watching. If Nuges takes the trailer there or anybody its no big deal.

Its especially interesting that Belov had the initial right read to collapse close to net and be in a passing lane or take a guy. But he actually moves out of the play where Nuge is pointing resulting in the complete outnumbered situation in front of our net.

Would've loved to hear the conversation later on that one..

Last edited:

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
I thought this was a pretty good line for the game:

Rob Tychkowski ‏@Sun_Tychkowski
Dany Heatley makes it 3-0 Wild. Good thing this is only pre-season

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Did you hear any of Eakins interviews over the break? When he came here he thought he knew what this team needed to do to win but this season has been a learning experience. Now he knows what this team needs to do to win so things are good.

Then they played a hockey game and now it looks like he once again thought he knew but it looks more like what he thought was wrong.

Whenever E(ak)instein is afforded extra break time to work on his latest theorems and reanimated lines a cold shudder goes through me.

I can't imagine what the players felt about the Oly break having to be this year.

Oh great, 2wks listening to this guy..

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
So we're at the same spot we were at the start of the year, halfway through the year, etc.

Eakins might be the greatest coach of all time, but he clearly can't motivate this team. I mean, they've been out of the playoffs for months so I get that motivation is tough, but after a long break and mini-camp, you think they'd at least be focused.

So fire Eakins, or fire half the roster, or both.

I'm pretty sure there are players who are trying to get traded. Why would you want to stay here?

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
So we're at the same spot we were at the start of the year, halfway through the year, etc.

Eakins might be the greatest coach of all time, but he clearly can't motivate this team. I mean, they've been out of the playoffs for months so I get that motivation is tough, but after a long break and mini-camp, you think they'd at least be focused.

So fire Eakins, or fire half the roster, or both.

I'm pretty sure there are players who are trying to get traded. Why would you want to stay here?

You don't have to do much to make 6 million a year.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Yakupov was probably our best forward last night before he got injured. Would suck if he is injured now considering he's playing his best hockey of the season.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I turned the TV off 3minutes into this one. An alltime record response to this team. Think about that. After not seeing the club play for 3wks I literally couldn't hack it.
I turned this game on right when Dallas was rushing down the ice, and off when they scored. Watched literally 3 seconds of the game.

Jan 14, 2014 EDM @ DAL

Scoring Summary
1st Period
00:14 DAL Erik Cole (12) from Trevor Daley and Jamie Benn
03:40 EDM Justin Schultz (5) from Taylor Hall and Andrew Ference
08:35 DAL Ryan Garbutt (9) from Ray Whitney and Kevin Connauton
10:22 DAL PP — Jamie Benn (16) from Tyler Seguin and Alex Goligoski
2nd Period
01:10 DAL Cody Eakin (10) from Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt
10:28 EDM PP — Sam Gagner (6) from Taylor Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
3rd Period
19:21 DAL EN — Trevor Daley (2) from Ryan Garbutt
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I must have really missed watching the Oilers because I stomached watching last night until the third goal was scored.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I turned this game on right when Dallas was rushing down the ice, and off when they scored. Watched literally 3 seconds of the game.

Jan 14, 2014 EDM @ DAL

Scoring Summary
1st Period
00:14 DAL Erik Cole (12) from Trevor Daley and Jamie Benn
03:40 EDM Justin Schultz (5) from Taylor Hall and Andrew Ference
08:35 DAL Ryan Garbutt (9) from Ray Whitney and Kevin Connauton
10:22 DAL PP — Jamie Benn (16) from Tyler Seguin and Alex Goligoski
2nd Period
01:10 DAL Cody Eakin (10) from Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt
10:28 EDM PP — Sam Gagner (6) from Taylor Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
3rd Period
19:21 DAL EN — Trevor Daley (2) from Ryan Garbutt
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I must have really missed watching the Oilers because I stomached watching last night until the third goal was scored.

Well, you got the record. I feel you pain.

On a positive note I turned the Oly Womens Canada-US game on just when we scored our first, then another to tie, both in last 3mins, and saw the winner in OT just before I had to leave to go back to work.

I felt like wrapping myself in a Canadian Flag for the rest of the day..

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

:shake head…guys that score also the handle the puck more hence… Yes, get rid of the skilled guys, way too fancy, give me Marchand and Grier and Moreau…oh wait, we couldn't win with a team full of grinders and plugs either. I'm sure there is a lot of fans that would gladly take that type of team back, a team with heart and grit is hard not to love. Much like Smyth, he lays it on the line every night with limited skill but at the end of the day if that's all you have is limited skill players then the team won't get it done. Right now the Oilers don't have a balanced roster and lack depth in important positions. There is no doubt that in order to bring in the right pieces some young talent may have to go but is there absolutely no reason why the Oilers would/should/could ever trade Hall.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
There was a game last night? Well I guess I just moved down a tier on the Lowe fan rating scale

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Thought Spector brought up a great point when he showed Jeff Petry just standing there watching Hall get pushed around by Cooke and another Wild player. Pretty pathetic how this team is so full of weaklings and never stand up for each other. Where is the damn fight back and playing for each other?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
At this rate there won't be any oilers on TC in 2018 either. Bunch of freaking jokers. No wonder they weren't even in the convo this year.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
**** they lost one more game........the end is nigh........had a great time watching the game last night....GO OILERS GO.................

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Thought Spector brought up a great point when he showed Jeff Petry just standing there watching Hall get pushed around by Cooke and another Wild player. Pretty pathetic how this team is so full of weaklings and never stand up for each other. Where is the damn fight back and playing for each other?

Defenseman never join those scrums unless it's close to a brawl. The face-off comes outside the zone if they do.

RNH standing up to Keith Ballard is more important than having some player flying in to rescue him from a 5'10'' cream puff.

Hall handled Cooke fairly easily.

Those guys need to show they can do that and not have players rescue them like they're frail princesses.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Minnesota probably got sparked as soon as Hendricks laid that hit.

Also good to see Ference continue to rack up the minuses. He'll be making people miss Horcoff within another season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad