Post-Game Talk: Same Old... 3-0 Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
dallas_eakins.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

OK guys ... anyone know how to run a powerplay here by any chance? Damnit I left my magic marker at home.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Send out the clowns

So Eakins and the team spend the Olympic break refining his "system".

I don't know if our players are that uncoachable or if the coach is such a buffoon that he purposely made the Oilers look dazed and confused for this game.

Is Eakins a trying to tank this team? Or trying his hardest and really this bad.

This last game really should be the last nail in his coffin.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I think I've wanted Eakins gone since about the 25 game mark. I just don't see what this guy adds to this team... and obviously these assistants don't have anything positive to add either by the way the team performs without the goalies stealing the games.

Yes MacT/Lowe/Eakins/Stauffer and anyone else who says this team is improving/progressing/evolving is out and out delusional and/or BOLD liars.

Look what Maurice has done in the Peg and we have been assured by Mac T we re getting Eakins next year two for another lost season fn clowns running the show.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Renney and Krueger couldn't coach the "kids". At this point it should be a question of whether the coaches are bad, the kids are uncoachable, or the kids just simply aren't that good.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wow Belov was horrid tonight. Like, drastically more than the rest of the garbage out there

No way, Schultz x 2 and Ference were way way worse.

N. Schultz in particular seems to have worked on his "flip the puck high into the neutral zone, pray that it doesn't result in a turnover" play a lot over the Olympic break.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
So Eakins and the team spend the Olympic break refining his "system".

I don't know if our players are that uncoachable or if the coach is such a buffoon that he purposely made the Oilers look dazed and confused for this game.

Is Eakins a trying to tank this team? Or trying his hardest and really this bad.

This last game really should be the last nail in his coffin.

The players need a veteran coach that knows what he's doing along with an overhaul in some key areas. There is probably some resistance to change there, but I bet it's a hell of a lot more of inexperience and lack of direction coming from the people chosen to lead the franchise.

But nothing about what is wrong with any other area of the Oilers -be it players or management- changes the fact that Eakins is a horrifically bad coach.

You could call up a 1st year peewee coach and get similar results.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Well if the Oilers aren't entertaining over the next 20 games, at least these boards will be. Didn't watch the game and doesn't sound like I missed much. I have a feeling Rexall will be pretty empty at the end of March and early April if this team continues to play bad.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If Miller isn't traded by the Sabres it should be a close battle for 30th.

I thought the Isles might slip after losing Tavares (and Vanek shortly).. but who knows, sometimes teams rally when the big names leave and it just leaves the young players looking to impress and win jobs.

It will be interesting to see what this team does once players like Pitlick/Lander/Fedun are brought up for the last 15 games or so after some of the vets are shipped out at the deadline. I'm guessing that results in having some energy injected into the lineup... but I can't see the actual win/loss results being much better than what we are seeing now.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If Miller isn't traded by the Sabres it should be a close battle for 30th.

I thought the Isles might slip after losing Tavares (and Vanek shortly).. but who knows, sometimes teams rally when the big names leave and it just leaves the young players looking to impress and win jobs.

It will be interesting to see what this team does once players like Pitlick/Lander/Fedun are brought up for the last 15 games or so after some of the vets are shipped out at the deadline. I'm guessing that results in having some energy injected into the lineup... but I can't see the actual win/loss results being much better than what we are seeing now.

Sabres fans are in for a surprise.

Once the Oilers commit to the tank, they are unstoppable. 30th will be ours.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There's only one team in the West we have a winning record against and we play them next... Wouldn't be surprised if that changes.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
No way, Schultz x 2 and Ference were way way worse.

N. Schultz in particular seems to have worked on his "flip the puck high into the neutral zone, pray that it doesn't result in a turnover" play a lot over the Olympic break.

The Schultz's had some bad giveaways, as usual, but I thought Ference wasn't too bad. Belov was atrocious though. He couldn't handle the puck, and he was always out of place. Belov is Potter all over again

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
dallas_eakins.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

OK guys ... anyone know how to run a powerplay here by any chance? Damnit I left my magic marker at home.

"OK guys, I'm an awesome coach, let's just get that out of the way first. So if we're losing it's ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I expect some jet lag from guys coming back from Sochi (that time zone difference ain't no joke) ... so I'll give Belov a pass. That doesn't really explain the rest of the team's effort, lol.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Buy each of these players a 6.99 Boston Pizza kid's meal . Look how motivated those kid's were.

. Btw..that commercial is beyond annoying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad