Post-Game Talk: Same Old... 3-0 Wild

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
i dont remember you being this negative haha

Is this sarcasm?

Absolutely not. I am incensed by the ****tiness of this so-called NHL team.

There isn't a single reason to watch this team. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. I did not engage this gong show for a single second of my time today because everyone knew they'd no-show it and embarrass themselves like they always do.

**** the players. Go play in Russia.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
People talking about progress this season are liars. Blatant liars.

If they truly believe it, are they liars? or are they just disconnected from reality?

I sure know which I would attribute to Eakins/Mactavish

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Despite the boarding call, at least Hendricks was trying to hit ... which I'm ok with since no one else on the Oilers other than maybe Hall looked engaged in this game at all.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Waiting for spring break to have some fun....

Gotta love seeing them ( other than yak ) at some nice place smiling and swimming and having a good time. Come back here, and I at least expect more energy back in the first game, and it was all 0.

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
The Oilers team that plays the 20 or however many post-trade deadline day games is pretty likely to be the worst Oilers team of all time. This is going to be brutal. And then once that's done, MacTavish has to go convince free agents to shackle themselves to this enormous piece of **** team

And he will still feel that this team has limitless potential. :cry:

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton

There isn't a single reason to watch this team. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. I did not engage this gong show for a single second of my time today because everyone knew they'd no-show it and embarrass themselves like they always do.

Meh I kind of enjoy it now, i said it when we hired a coach we fired to be GM, brought back the guy who drove the jackets into the ground and kept Lowe who indirectly drove us into the ground, to lead this organization i knew there were going to be problems. i suppose its kind of validating at this point.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Meh I kind of enjoy it now, i said it when we hired a coach we fired to be GM, brought back the guy who drove the jackets into the ground and kept Lowe who indirectly drove us into the ground, to lead this organization i knew there were going to be problems. i suppose its kind of validating at this point.

I mean it's amusing because they're just on another level of bad.

But this team can seriously go **** itself. Nobody should be spared. They're all trash.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

There's a guy who's defending MacT pretty strongly in another thread you might want to debate. Oh yeah, that would be you.

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
sa2wH.gif

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There's a guy who's defending MacT pretty strongly in another thread you might want to debate. Oh yeah, that would be you.

I think MacT has done a decent job even if the team is ****ing horrible. Keep in mind who his predecessor was and he actually managed to leave MORE garbage than HIS predecessor.

That said something has to give with this team. And I'm not talking about another coach canning. I mean a complete meltdown.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Honestly... FIRE EAKINS.

This team is not responding to him and he's not getting anything from this roster.

If the Goalies didn't stand on their heads for those few weeks leading up to the break... this team would easily be 30th now.

Time for changes for the sake of changes... roster wide and the entire coaching staff... dumpster time.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Meh I kind of enjoy it now, i said it when we hired a coach we fired to be GM, the guy who drove the jackets into the ground and lowe who indirectly drove us into the ground leading this organization i knew there were going to be problems. i suppose its kind of validating at this point.

Howson brought in 90% of the reason why the Blue Jackets are semi-successful right now.

Horton is basically the only player on the team that wasn't a Howson move.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Mac T's good moves have been pretty much all undone by his poor ones -- hiring Eakins and not getting proper goaltending until it was too late in the season.

2 steps forward ... 3 steps back.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Honestly... FIRE EAKINS.

This team is not responding to him and he's not getting anything from this roster.

If the Goalies didn't stand on their heads for those few weeks leading up to the break... this team would easily be 30th now.

Time for changes for the sake of changes... roster wide and the entire coaching staff... dumpster time.

These games need to be watched closely on Eakins. If the team is not responding to basically his 2nd training camp, then there's no reason to believe he will be any better of a coach next fall.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
These games need to be watched closely on Eakins. If the team is not responding to basically his 2nd training camp, then there's no reason to believe he will be any better of a coach next fall.

This team hasn't responded to the previous 2 coaches. I don't think it's a big surprise they're not responding to this one.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This team hasn't responded to the previous 2 coaches. I don't think it's a big surprise they're not responding to this one.

They were making ok progress under Renney.

Then the Oilers decided to hire two rookie coaches back to back.

This front office brain trust makes so many mistakes with player management/development/trades it wouldn't exactly be shocking that we could flub two coaching hires in a row. It's pretty much par for the course here.

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
Mac T's good moves have been pretty much all undone by his poor ones -- hiring Eakins and not getting proper goaltending until it was too late in the season.

2 steps forward ... 3 steps back.

Also if the David Clarkson contract went through, MacT would've brought on a worse contract than even Horcoff's.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They were making ok progress under Renney.

Then the Oilers decided to hire two rookie coaches back to back.

They were still pretty bad, stupid, and lifeless even under Renney. Though the PP took flight under him, I'll give him that much.

Scotty Bowman couldn't motivate this group. It's pretty obvious by now that the "core" doesn't care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad