Rumor: Sam Girard for forward help [ MOD warning # 274 ]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UED

May 2, 2021
Keep him away from the Habs, unless he's playing against us, then he can come near us, but preferably once we're done tanking. He can go to Toronto, Philadelphia, Buffalo or stay in Colorado where he fits really well with Sakic's vision of 18 forwards. I think Dundon over in Carolina might be interested as well, though not sure if Waddell would be.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Those numbers aren't just from last year.

Top 30 by the number in 2018-19=No
Top 30 by the number 2019-20=No
Doesn’t look to be trending with top 30 number this year either

He’s a second pair Dmen. Always has been outside of that outlier Covid division season

Reactions: go4hockey
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Kadri sucks lol

I don't think it's so much Kadri sucks, as it is Kadri is an upcoming UFA and has shown that he isn't exactly reliable (both in terms of consistency and his penchant for getting suspended at the most crucial of times). The Avs could really go for someone that could bring some long-term stability to the 2nd line. I've said it before, but the Avs are a boom/bust team, and I think they need some stabilizing factors to help right the ship when things aren't going well.

Also, if the Avs are looking to move Girard, it would be as a way to redistribute the wealth, not as a cheap dump off to some other team. It would have to be a team looking for D help with an abundance up front.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The only thing I will say is the Wahlstrom plays in a very tight system. It's not easy to pile up stats. I can see this happening much more frequently on a more offensive minded team. This just isn't the way the Isles play. Looking at raw scoring totals can distort. I say this liking both players, not diminishing Byram as you seem to be for Wally. The kid is trending well into a proficient goal scorer in the NHL.

AVs are likely interested in Wahlstrom. Young, size with offensive skill. Underrated being buried in a defensive program.

Girard has outscored him and can replace his offence.

2C is the need and not sure if Sakic would want another Winger.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
He's definitely not elite yet, but he's got the skillset to become it. For the most part he's been decent defensively. The only knock is the physical aspect, as we all saw in the Vegas series. That was by far the worst he's played since joining Colorado. It's interesting because with the toolbox he was gifted the points just haven't followed.

P/PG:

17/18: .31
18/19: .32
19/20: .48
20/21: .66
he seems 'shattenkirk-ish' to me. now, thats def not a bad thing, but it's 2nd pairing/PP guy. again, def not a bad thing, but for the talk here..

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
3way...

Colorado out: Girard, Helm
Colorado in: Toews (50% retained), Kubalik (50% retained)

Chicago out: Toews (50% retained), Kubalik (50% retained), Strome, Lankinen
Chicago in: Hornqvist, Helm, Nutivaara, Knight

Florida out: Hornqvist, Nutivaara, Knight
Florida in: Strome, Girard, Lankinen

Colorado get a 3C in Toews, plus a scoring middle 6 winger in Kubalik

Chicago land their goalie of the future in Knight

Florida get a long term upgrade on D, a serviceable backup goalie in Lankinen, plus another young forward in Strome who they'll hope can have a Bennett-like career resurgence with a change of scenery

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
3way...

Colorado out: Girard, Helm
Colorado in: Toews (50% retained), Kubalik (50% retained)

Chicago out: Toews (50% retained), Kubalik (50% retained), Strome, Lankinen
Chicago in: Hornqvist, Helm, Nutivaara, Knight

Florida out: Hornqvist, Nutivaara, Knight
Florida in: Strome, Girard, Lankinen

Colorado get a 3C in Toews, plus a scoring middle 6 winger in Kubalik

Chicago land their goalie of the future in Knight

Florida get a long term upgrade on D, a serviceable backup goalie in Lankinen, plus another young forward in Strome who they'll hope can have a Bennett-like career resurgence with a change of scenery
f*** no. Want no part of that POS Toews.

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Good pmd is the answer….. you realize Colorado I trying to move him for a reason, very overrated player. Notice how avs still have Murray and both Johnsons. Weird how a contender sees the value in Chiariot type players but your angered ego can’t……

this team needs a big fish D not a mediocre overpaid small pmd. You don’t make a trade just to make a trade. Especially with the players listed
of course a big fish dman would be the priority but how the hell are we gonna get that without offering Suzuki or Caufield and Girard is a 23 year old PMD who just got 32 points in 48 games last season he his good but would need to play with a bigger stay at home dman which is all we have

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Good pmd is the answer….. you realize Colorado I trying to move him for a reason, very overrated player. Notice how avs still have Murray and both Johnsons. Weird how a contender sees the value in Chiariot type players but your angered ego can’t……

this team needs a big fish D not a mediocre overpaid small pmd. You don’t make a trade just to make a trade. Especially with the players listed

Why you acting like Colorado’s top 4 defenseman aren’t all elite puck movers? After Girard we have Toews, Makar and Byram making up the bulk of our top two pairs with the rest fighting it out for bottom pair minutes. Pretty weird argument you’re trying to make.

Reactions: flyfysher

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
tumblr_oc4ppbBvZJ1vskh5no1_250.gifv

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I wonder if a 3-team trade could make sense involving Chicago, Colorado, and LA. Chicago has Kubalik+ that could be offered up to try to get Girard. Colorado needs a long term solution at 2C. LA has lots of Cs and could probably use another solid top-6 forward. Something like this as the potential framework for a deal:

Chicago- Girard

Colorado- Vilardi and Kurashev

LA- Kubalik (with extension if need be but he’s still an RFA after this year)

More pieces would likely be added and not entirely sure on value, but I like the potential framework.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I wonder if a 3-team trade could make sense involving Chicago, Colorado, and LA. Chicago has Kubalik+ that could be offered up to try to get Girard. Colorado needs a long term solution at 2C. LA has lots of Cs and could probably use another solid top-6 forward. Something like this as the potential framework for a deal:

Chicago- Girard

More pieces would likely be added and not entirely sure on value, but I like the potential framework.

We’d be trading Girard for immediate and legitimate top six help, preferably at center. This does nothing to really solve that. That Avs done have to trade Girard, they simply could to fill a hole.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Avs realize the rest of the NHL saw Girard get exposed in the playoffs too right? Dude was useless out there.

Reactions: wonton15

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Chicago- Girard

What would the Avs have to add to Girard to get Dach?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
We’d be trading Girard for immediate and legitimate top six help, preferably at center. This does nothing to really solve that. That Avs done have to trade Girard, they simply could to fill a hole.

True. Trying to spitball here as I could see Girard doing well here. I’m not sure any team has a player available that would be the 2C that Colorado needs right now. Maybe Schmaltz in Arizona or Dvorak in Montreal if they give up on him that quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad