Rumor: Sam Girard for forward help [ MOD warning # 274 ]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The numbers say otherwise but okay.
what numbers are those? is it the high of 5 goals in a season? the 30 assists?

I get it he's a good player, but he's being bandied about like he's elite or something. and with the forwards he plays with, he SHOULD have a ton of assists

Chris P Hundo

Jun 14, 2017
Chambers has no sources or credibilty... but if this is true the ask should be Necas. Or someone comparable. If not more.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
For Girard, Josh Anderson is up for grabs, either directly to Colorado, or as a means to include a 3rd party that has what you guys need.

Reactions: Dutronc

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

I get it he's a good player, but he's being bandied about like he's elite or something. and with the forwards he plays with, he SHOULD have a ton of assists

zone entries, zone exits, plenty of positives to his game. The fact he gets bodied by heavy forechecks is his downfall but he’s absolutely top 30 in a lot of areas.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
For Girard, Josh Anderson is up for grabs, either directly to Colorado, or as a means to include a 3rd party that has what you guys need.
And i'm a huge fan of Josh but yeah. We need PMD and Girard is right that

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains

He's definitely not elite yet, but he's got the skillset to become it. For the most part he's been decent defensively. The only knock is the physical aspect, as we all saw in the Vegas series. That was by far the worst he's played since joining Colorado. It's interesting because with the toolbox he was gifted the points just haven't followed.

P/PG:

17/18: .31
18/19: .32
19/20: .48
20/21: .66

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Retention and a couple of cap dumps. How can they say no?

If it's a bad proposal, I'm ok to let it die. It's just hfboards trade rumors.

But since you asked.. A rebuilding team turns a 34 year old into a 23 year old. That in itself should be considered a huge win. Not to mention they fill a major team need as well with a top pairing LD.

In 1.5 years Jost and Compher's contracts expire. They could easily rid themselves of them at this time next year if they really needed to. In 2.5 years Kopitars does (rentention stops). At that point, the Kings, presumably contenders, will have a top pairing defenseman locked up at $5mm for another 3 years. That is one of the best contracts in the league, especially as the Cap rises.

The Avs would be taking a big risk here as this is basically an all in move. If they don't win in the next 3 years, this would go down as a horrible trade for the Avs.

Also Jost is not a cap dump and most Avs fans would probably prefer to keep him as the 4C. For me, it's a roster construction issue, and I would prefer someone who can play more of a physical game as my 4C. I do think he would fare better with LA's play style than the Avs, but he could be taken out of the deal entirely and it wouldn't change much.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a rumor considering the source. I don't actually believe Colorado wants to trade Girard. If they trade him, I'm going to seriously question Joe Sakic's savviness as a GM.

I really can't think of a player who would be a perfect 1-for-1 match in a trade, but the Avalanche obviously need help on the 2nd line. Saad walked in the off-season, Burakovsky and Kadri are impending UFAs.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I'll keep saying it til it happens but he's gonna be rocking the black n gold in Pittsburgh with Newhook and Kadri. Soon after Olympics

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The Canucks wouldn't even briefly consider that.

In Ekman-Larsson, Hughes, and Rathbone we have 3 players who are somewhat similar to Girard, we have no need for him and if we added him it would completely unbalance our D, despite him obviously being an upgrade on many of our D skill wise.

The fit isn't there.

Dumping Miller for an entirely redundant defence man would be a terrible move.
He would be our second best defenseman at DEFENDING

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
This thread is literally just gonna be everyone proposing middle six wingers for Girard, isn't it.

:laugh:

And it's probably gonna be 50% Montreal fans. Time to add it to the ignore list.
Man at this point with what it has been offered keep him please ! :laugh:

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
He's behind Makar obviously, as well as Toews but they've been interchangeable. Hard to tell with Byram, probably about equal but Byram is trending up. Anyone else is below, so that would be Erik Johnson, Ryan Murray, Jack Johnson
How weird that is that we are talking about formers 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theodore450

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'd be curious to see which d-men Avs fans have Girard in front of.
EJ, JJ, McDermid, Murray.

Toews/Makar are clearly better, and Byram is debatable because he's so young, but has been SO good this season and has great potential. Whereas G is struggling hard so far this season but has been great the past few years.

Going forward I'd personally have them as Makar/Byram/Toews/Girard, but also expect one of G/Toews to be traded in a year or two.

GiFRAUD is a BUST

Nov 8, 2021
EJ, JJ, McDermid, Murray.

Toews/Makar are clearly better, and Byram is debatable because he's so young, but has been SO good this season and has great potential. Whereas G is struggling hard so far this season but has been great the past few years.

Going forward I'd personally have them as Makar/Byram/Toews/Girard, but also expect one of G/Toews to be traded in a year or two.
Why would we trade Toews? Avs desperately need the physical shutdown D that Toews is. We can't only have offensively minded dudes like Makar and Byram. That's why I'm really loving EJ, JJ, and Murray minus injury potential

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Why would we trade Toews? Avs desperately need the physical shutdown D that Toews is. We can't only have offensively minded dudes like Makar and Byram. That's why I'm really loving EJ, JJ, and Murray minus injury potential
Because once his current contract expires he'll wanna get paid, and we could use some legit forward help up front. I'd much rather trade G though.

GiFRAUD is a BUST

Nov 8, 2021
Because once his current contract expires he'll wanna get paid, and we could use some legit forward help up front. I'd much rather trade G though.
True, I would just hate to see Toews go. That would be a blunder by Sakic unless the return was mighty. Ie. Boesser, Bennet, Saad (lol) etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad