Rumor: Sam Girard for forward help [ MOD warning # 274 ]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
neutral party but girard for bjorkstrand?

Cap roughly the same, bjorkstrand isnt that much older, both players have term. Maybe columbus has to add a pick?

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Detroit should be interested, if the Avs are only interested in C’s then it would be tough, unless you love Suter. But if wingers would work Detroit has some options there.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I thought it would be more lopsided for Colorado actually but hey, there you go. Only thing we can do is try to come up with even-ish value trade, as neither of us will be the authority regarding what the teams do, and I think my proposal is close enough in terms of that.

You think poorly.

I mean what the f*** is Colorado going to do with Guhle in the first place? The entire reason Girard is maybe available, is because we have a plethora of LHD Dmen and not enough minutes to give them all. Why the hell would we then trade Girard for a LHD prospect as the main part of the deal.

You didn't think at all about Colorado's perspective of the trade you just thought "What trash expendable assets do we have that we can dump for this superior player"

So like I said, not a snowballs chance in hell the Avs make that trade.

Zadina + for Girard ?

A Girard - Seider paring would be sick

Nope

Reactions: Linds

Avs44

May 16, 2011
This thread is literally just gonna be everyone proposing middle six wingers for Girard, isn't it.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Hertl, Larkin, Horvat
Well we've heard from Wings fan, Canucks fan and of course Sharks fan
strikeout.gif

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Would be a great fit for Habs.

Wonder if they would be open to moving Guhle. He is promising and will likely be a good player in the NHL, but doesn't really project to be the kind of dynamic puck mover that they need.

Maybe Guhle and Toffoli for Girard.

Not enough for the Avs

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I mean what the f*** is Colorado going to do with Guhle in the first place? The entire reason Girard is maybe available, is because we have a plethora of LHD Dmen and not enough minutes to give them all. Why the hell would we then trade Girard for a LHD prospect as the main part of the deal.

You didn't think at all about Colorado's perspective of the trade you just thought "What trash expendable assets do we have that we can dump for this superior player"
Guhle is a different type of defenseman with a different contract structure. Arguably a much better fit for Colorado going forward.

So I thought about it. I think the real issue here is that you've probably never heard of Guhle and have no idea what kind of player he is and his potential and all that. I'm guessing most Habs fans would be really reluctant giving him up right now, and again, not sure they'd even like that proposal. So it comes down to what you think about the prospect, and who knows, maybe Colorado organisation could see him differently than you.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Calgary: Girard

To Colorado: Monahan (50% retained), Zadorov

Calgary get a long term upgrade on D

Colorado add a 3C and a bottom pairing Dman to help offset the loss of Girard

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
He can play either side, most of last year he played on the right side with Toews and looked solid there.
Do you think he could play the right side with OEL playing the most difficult matchups? Myers has been good so far but I feel like that has been more a product of OEL carrying him. If we could get a legit top pairing d man that could play in that role with OEL, our D would be much better.

I’d offer something around Miller for Girard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad