Speculation: Sabres Roster Speculation - Pre-season 2023 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
There aren't many quality forwards with size at the top end of the draft per the various rankings though.
No quality forwards with size. Unlikely to get a top-flight defenseman. There are teams that could really use that pick. I really want Adams to trade back into the twenties.

Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis all have later picks.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kulich, Levi and Savoie will all be with the Sabres to start the season.
I’m far more interested in who is playing with Power and who is splitting the net with Levi than I am whether it’s Kulich and Savoie playing on the third line or Jost and a stopgap. The former will decide the season a lot more than the latter.

If the answers are Joker and UPL…I don’t care who you put on the third line. It’s a failure.

Last edited:

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
We need to add veteren defenseman.. Troy Stecher makes some sense for us, probably get him on a Boosh type deal over 2years. I wouldn't mind extending Boosh tbh

Erik Johnson as a veteran RH presence if he were to come to Buffalo.

I wouldn't oppose 1 more season with Kyle Okposo on the cheap.

Reactions: Jacob582

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Trade Victor Olofsson, Isak Rosen, Tyson Kozak, 2nd round pick to Canucks for JT Miller
Sign Troy Stecher 3/8 million
Resign Kyle Okposo 1/2.5 million

Dahlin - Sammy
Power - Jokiharju
Stecher - Lyubushkin
Stillman

Skinner - Tage - Tuch
Miller - Cozens - Quinn
Mitts - Krebs - Peterka
Greenway - Jost - Okposo

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Mayfield

- Clifton could be an interesting option if Mayfield fails to sign.
- Severson will probably ask for a big contract.
- Dumba seems to me not quite what is needed, although I do not completely exclude him from the list.

Then ideally find a LD for the third pair, maybe Vegas will give away Martinez cheaply or someone like Soucy to UFA, I'm sure there are many more options, since this is not a top 4 RD.

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Mayfield/Clifton
Martinez/Soucy - Joki/Boosh
Stillman

Then it will be a good depth of defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Trade Victor Olofsson, Isak Rosen, Tyson Kozak, 2nd round pick to Canucks for JT Miller
Sign Troy Stecher 3/8 million
Resign Kyle Okposo 1/2.5 million

Dahlin - Sammy
Power - Jokiharju
Stecher - Lyubushkin
Stillman

Skinner - Tage - Tuch
Miller - Cozens - Quinn
Mitts - Krebs - Peterka
Greenway - Jost - Okposo
I don't see Adams adding Miller to this squad. Vets will be quality character guys. Whatever one thinks of Miller, nobody has accused him of that. You also didn't address 3/4D. We going into next season with Joker/Power again?

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
There aren't many quality forwards with size at the top end of the draft per the various rankings though.
Eh everyone will have warts after the top few picks. The question is always if they think they can improve those warts. Like a Wood type. Big dude, skill but bad skater. Are the mechanics or sheer power something that they believe they can help him get better with. Probably but to what extent.

Big Murr has come a long way. Sammy was said to be slow but he never really was that slow. You can't really teach size or skill but there's a lot of things you can teach kids.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
We need someone that can play in the top 4, not more bottom pairing guys.
We need both. I rather have someone else than Bryson as the 7th. I don't want to bet on that he will have a decent contract year.

Reactions: Club

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't see a path to Kulich on the opening roster unless he plays on 4th line, which is what he presently needs work on. Let him cook in Roch. Savoie will start and run with it.
Agreed. We keep hearing people expecting him and Savoie to make the team out of camp and I just don't see it. Have Kulich as a call up and let him beast out in Roch. Him and Rosen will be banging down the door next year which is what we want.

Reactions: Perry Tegula

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I tend to agree. While Adams has made roster space available to young players, he was also willing to keep Quinn and Peterka in the AHL full-time while their contract was on entry- level slide.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Can he be available? I saw thread on the main board.

213123.png

Reactions: Club

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Can't imagine he'd be available. And it's funny that this chart kind of says the exact opposite of what Rangers fans think....that he's better offensively than defensively.

The Rangers need quality players on cheap contracts. This is looking like a cheap bridge for Miller.
Well, they don't seem to be doing very well with the cap, although I agree that it would be strange for Rangers to trade Miller, but someone has to go. And moving players like Panarin or Trouba is much more difficult.

Maybe this guy is just not very good, not Miller?
2131231121312.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well, they don't seem to be doing very well with the cap, although I agree that it would be strange for Rangers to trade Miller, but someone has to go. And moving players like Panarin or Trouba is much more difficult.

View attachment 706787

Trouba has full movement protection and worked to be dealt to NY so his wife could pursue her studies and career (she's a neuroscientist/brain doc IIRC, which is ironic when we not how often Trouba puts people into protocol with hits).

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

The guy that's most likely to move would be Goodrow. His cap hit isn't terrible and he hasn't really fit well in with the Rangers. He'll, I'd give the Rangers a mid round pick for Goodrow.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Trouba has full movement protection and worked to be dealt to NY so his wife could pursue her studies and career (she's a neuroscientist/brain doc IIRC, which is ironic when we not how often Trouba puts people into protocol with hits).
Yes, I know, that's why I say that they cannot move Trouba or Panarin and they will have to pay Laf and Miller and replace Kane and Tarasenko.

The guy that's most likely to move would be Goodrow. His cap hit isn't terrible and he hasn't really fit well in with the Rangers. He'll, I'd give the Rangers a mid round pick for Goodrow.
We need Goodrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad