Speculation: Sabres Roster Speculation - Pre-season 2023 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And not for nothing but in a year where players blew up offensively, Dumba slid a lot. Addison took most of the PP time, Dumba had no PP points this year after 5 in each of the previous years.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Peeke was -41 last season, woah. I know that +/- is a bad stats to evaluate, especially for a team that has been in the top 3 since the end, but I have seen a lot of Peeke to CapFriendly trades, maybe he is not so good anymore?
Peeke's definitely on the lower end of the spectrum of who I'd want them to target for that vacant RHD spot.

I see him as a younger more physical alternative to Lube with maybe some upside. With some added Donnie's Magic Meatball Sauce (TM), however, and given how dynamic and talented our lefty studs are, he might just be enough to complement one of them, plus he would likely come relatively cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fjordy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Who can be gotten for 13

Thinking in history

Schneider went for 9
Chychrun I guess 12 and a 2nd

I'm interested in what they can get for 39 and 45 or even next year's 2nd instead if they want to stay in the 2nd round this year.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Michael Mcleod would be a fantastic bottom six add. Great on faceoffs, defensively sound. Just cant shoot at all. But he would be an amazing add if for some reason the Devils wanted to deal him

Reactions: Jacob582

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1683676664379.png

Short idea. Flame away.

Beef the D.
Make the Krebs line a checking line.
Give Levi the ultimate canadian mentor.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
The max I think Adams would do on a UFA deal is...4x4. And that would be on a guy under 30.

Clifton 4x4 fits. I dont think any other UFA RHD fit those specs. RHD under 30, who is better than Lyubushkin, and won't break the bank.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
View attachment 705859

Short idea. Flame away.

Beef the D.

Roy with one season left to UFA for 13OA is too steep for me. Talk to them about 39 and say a 2nd next year? Sure. And they likely come back and offer Durzi instead of Roy. Durzi's someone who hasn't figured out his own zone and I don't know if he will. Reminds me a bit of Vegas Colin Miller at this point but more of a passing/creative play-maker than a guy who just pounds it on net with bombs.

Engvall is the sort of player I hope they don't sign from a personal preference - big guy, good skater, completely without a pulse. Yes, his charty business is very good - a lot of Leafs have very good charty business, same with Tampa over the last few years. Yet there is no fire there. There isn't enough engagement. Bleh.

I wouldn't mind Tanev for something smallish like you proposed.

Fleury's availability has been covered - he's not leaving Minny.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
The biggest question I have this off season is will Adams sign a big free agent. His biggest signing thus far has been Ilya Lyubushkin. There’s not much available at forward but D and Goalie have a few names that could help us out big time. I just can’t see a big contract being handed out though.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Roy with one season left to UFA for 13OA is too steep for me. Talk to them about 39 and say a 2nd next year? Sure. And they likely come back and offer Durzi instead of Roy. Durzi's someone who hasn't figured out his own zone and I don't know if he will. Reminds me a bit of Vegas Colin Miller at this point but more of a passing/creative play-maker than a guy who just pounds it on net with bombs.

Engvall is the sort of player I hope they don't sign from a personal preference - big guy, good skater, completely without a pulse. Yes, his charty business is very good - a lot of Leafs have very good charty business, same with Tampa over the last few years. Yet there is no fire there. There isn't enough engagement. Bleh.

I wouldn't mind Tanev for something smallish like you proposed.

Fleury's availability has been covered - he's not leaving Minny.
It's amazing how many Kings fans pump up Durzi and Walker, yet they are both available in just about every Kings proposal. Neither are very good defensively, and LA fans know it but will still offer them up as solid top 4 options despite neither of them being more than 3rd pairing guys.

If the Jets look to shake things up at all, I wonder if DeMelo would be available.

Reactions: Fjordy

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
View attachment 705859

Short idea. Flame away.

Beef the D.
The two biggest things with this is that I don't see them moving Samuelsson out of the top four and I do not see Adams making three trades that land NHL roster players.

I also doubt he moves his first round pick. I think he takes a guy there.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's amazing how many Kings fans pump up Durzi and Walker, yet they are both available in just about every Kings proposal. Neither are very good defensively, and LA fans know it but will still offer them up as solid top 4 options despite neither of them being more than 3rd pairing guys.

If the Jets look to shake things up at all, I wonder if DeMelo would be available.

DeMelo is certainly one of the guys I hope they kick tires on yet he's another in a long list of guys who are walking into their pending UFA season. He's also one that has the limited trade protection (6 teams) and I would wonder if Buffalo is on that.

As for the Kings, Walker was someone I was interested in last summer but the cement seems to be set with him as a player. Buffalo went with Lyubushkin for a different look on the backend and that's fine.

Durzi's offensive game is solid but he's not good in his own zone. With them trying to squeeze Clarke and Spence in somewhere, somethings got to give though (and to point out that Spence's points in the AHL are predominantly PP based, where is he getting PP minutes in LA with Doughty and likely Clarke). Durzi's their 2nd PP guy so that's going to be his spot that Clarke is taking most likely - it would make sense to move Durzi now before the unobservant note that his counting stats have taken a hit because he's not getting mid-teens in PPP like he has the last couple years. Also, I think Spence comes free and he's not really what Buffalo is looking for. Also also, I think Toronto would be trying to get someone like Durzi back or even more so, get Spence as PP2 guy on an ELC but that's really, really tangential to all of this.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
DeMelo is certainly one of the guys I hope they kick tires on yet he's another in a long list of guys who are walking into their pending UFA season. He's also one that has the limited trade protection (6 teams) and I would wonder if Buffalo is on that.

Six teams is a pretty specific number. I wonder if he simply doesn't want to play in Canada if he's traded from Winnipeg.

As for the Kings, Walker was someone I was interested in last summer but the cement seems to be set with him as a player. Buffalo went with Lyubushkin for a different look on the backend and that's fine.

Durzi's offensive game is solid but he's not good in his own zone. With them trying to squeeze Clarke and Spence in somewhere, somethings got to give though (and to point out that Spence's points in the AHL are predominantly PP based, where is he getting PP minutes in LA with Doughty and likely Clarke). Durzi's their 2nd PP guy so that's going to be his spot that Clarke is taking most likely - it would make sense to move Durzi now before the unobservant note that his counting stats have taken a hit because he's not getting mid-teens in PPP like he has the last couple years. Also, I think Spence comes free and he's not really what Buffalo is looking for. Also also, I think Toronto would be trying to get someone like Durzi back or even more so, get Spence as PP2 guy on an ELC but that's really, really tangential to all of this.

As far as LA goes, if it's not Roy, I'm not interested. We don't need a bottom pair guy, we need a top 4 guy. LA needs to refill their pick coffers and likely can't keep Roy long term anyways.

Iafallo is a piece I think could be involved in a trade with Buffalo because he's on a meh contract (not a toxic one, simply slightly overpaid for a bottom 6 F role), local guy (Eden). Buffalo could sweeten the pot a bit by taking that deal off their hands.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Six teams is a pretty specific number. I wonder if he simply doesn't want to play in Canada if he's traded from Winnipeg.
I'm guessing that was more just a number they compromised on since most players probably want more and most teams want no trade protections.

He's from London Ontario though, which could bode well for the Sabres if he were available given how close it is to Buffalo. He may be getting to that age range where guys start looking at being closer to family and wanting less big city, and more suburbs and good schools.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
If WPG throws in the towel, I wonder how difficult it’d be to Rent Demelo and Dillon? Probly wouldn’t have to break the bank much either. They both seem to fill the immediate needs on D and buy time for drafting/developing/ or trading for the right long term fit if that trade isn’t available this summer.

Sammy-Dahlin
Power-Demelo
Dillon- Jokiharhju
Bryson/Lyubushkin

Maybe sign a faceoff and PK guy like Acciari who can also play wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad