Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
A line consists of 3 players.

Paille Spooner Peverley is better balance IMO. Campbell and Paille on the same line instantly downgrades the offensive opportunities. Spooner and Peverley together can perhaps have some offensive chemistry, Paille being the defensive forward there.

PJ Axelsson - Kelly - Marty Lapointe
Paille - Campbell - Peverley
Mowers - Bergeron - Whitfield
Caron - Begin - Pandolfo

Clode's Dream Team

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Paille Spooner Peverley is better balance IMO. Campbell and Paille on the same line instantly downgrades the offensive opportunities. Spooner and Peverley together can perhaps have some offensive chemistry, Paille being the defensive forward there.

No argument there, but I posted the lines I think Claude will roll. Not the ones I personally would like to see.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No argument there, but I posted the lines I think Claude will roll. Not the ones I personally would like to see.

Oh, my apologies. I thought those were your preferred lines.

I just want to see Spooner given a real chance here to show what he's really capable of. I hope Clode doesn't bury him on the 4th line. He'd be better off with Whitfield if that's the case, let Spooner get his ice time in Providence.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
If you are going to bring up your best offensive threat from Providence, it is better to play him in an offensive role rather than trying him as a grinder on the 3rd or 4th lines.

On his 1st shift in the NHL in the Bell Centre, Claude had Spooner on the PP.

With this call-up I won't be surprised if Julien plays Ryan in Krejci's spot on the 1st line.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Oh, my apologies. I thought those were your preferred lines.

I just want to see Spooner given a real chance here to show what he's really capable of. I hope Clode doesn't bury him on the 4th line. He'd be better off with Whitfield if that's the case, let Spooner get his ice time in Providence.

Nevermind.
I don't want Spooner to play between guys like Thornton or Pandolfo either but I guess this is what we'll see.
Paille - Spooner - Peverley ... I'd absolutely love that. But then again: who will center Lucic and Horton?
Hopefully we'll get some PP opportunities just so Spoons can play with some skill guys.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
If you are going to bring up your best offensive threat from Providence, it is better to play him in an offensive role rather than trying him as a grinder on the 3rd or 4th lines.

On his 1st shift in the NHL in the Bell Centre, Claude had Spooner on the PP.

With this call-up I won't be surprised if Julien plays Ryan in Krejci's spot on the 1st line.

That's the best he'll get, but there's no way Clode's gonna throw him out on the 1st line.

nycbruins*

Caron - Begin - Pandolfo

Clode's Dream Team

You're aware you're talking about a cup-winning coach, 3rd most victories in Bruins history, right?

And you're just a poster, & not a great one, on a message board.

Pathetic.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Nevermind.
I don't want Spooner to play between guys like Thornton or Pandolfo either but I guess this is what we'll see.
Paille - Spooner - Peverley ... I'd absolutely love that. But then again: who will center Lucic and Horton?
Hopefully we'll get some PP opportunities just so Spoons can play with some skill guys.

I'd try Seguin with Lucic and Horton. Put Caron alongside Bergeron and Marchand?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

Caron - Begin - Pandolfo

Clode's Dream Team

:laugh:

Actually I think that is Dave Lewis' dream team.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Fluto is suggesting:

Milan Lucic-Rich Peverley-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
Jay Pandolfo-Ryan Spooner-Jordan Caron
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

For those who think Seguin should center Lucic and Horton: why in the world would you sacrifice the point production of your most successful line -- arguably your "first" line -- just to put Seguin between two struggling wingers? You think their struggles are on Krejci? You would have to if you think Seguin is the answer. For the record, I think you are wrong.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I'd try Seguin with Lucic and Horton. Put Caron alongside Bergeron and Marchand?

Oh yeah, forgot about Caron. That would work, but it's very unlikely.
I'm still excited though.
Both Seguin and Spooner playing at center ... good stuff. :handclap:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Fluto is suggesting:

For those who think Seguin should center Lucic and Horton: why in the world would you sacrifice the point production of your most successful line -- arguably your "first" line -- just to put Seguin between two struggling wingers? You think their struggles are on Krejci? You would have to if you think Seguin is the answer. For the record, I think you are wrong.

Post of the day :handclap:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Somebody takes themselves too seriously.

We're all just fans..lighten up

I'm still amazed Claude put Spooner out on the PP in Montreal and at the point- I'm watching and thinking wtf, I can't even remember him playing that in Providence and there is Claude with Spooner and Dougie together out there

Seguin gave Claude a nervous stomach Ryan probably will to, but he's got much better defensively (Dom can explain that)

I got a feelling if Spooner plays and gets double digit minutes he scores tomorrow night

Claude loves a good vet that is for sure- I still get pissed thinking of Yelle

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Fluto is suggesting:

What is the point of keeping McDermid with the big club if he cant crack the lineup when the team is down two forwards?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Fluto is suggesting:

i agree that this is what we will see. But does anyone like the look of that third line... have fun spooner.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I start with

Lucic - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Raptor
Paille - Spooner - Caron
MacDermid - Campbell - Thornton

The fact that we call Pevs Raptor is amusing to me.

Raptor Jesus forever!

I like the lineup but flip Raptor and Seguin.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
What is the point of keeping McDermid with the big club if he cant crack the lineup when the team is down two forwards?

I was thinking the same thing.

Does he have to clear waivers to be sent down?

The positive for Lane is that he is being paid at a NHL salary versus an AHL one irregardless if he plays a game.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal

I think Seguin should center Looch and Horton and it has nothing to do with Krejci being the problem or not. Seguin is our most naturally gifted offensive player and there's a chance he's a good complement to both Looch and Horton. It looked very promising the few times they played together so far this year. Pev is a lesser player than Krejci, so we make our first line even worse by playing him there.

I also happen to think that unlike Looch and Horton, Marchand and Bergeron will make good things happen no matter who they play with. I'd have no problem if Pev, Caron or Spooner played with them.

Looch - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergy - Caron
Pev - Spooner - Paille
Pandolfo - Campbell - Thornton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad