Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
....And it's against Florida.

Why are they being so hesitant with him? You would think this would be the time to give a guy like Spooner some games to see what he has after having a good season in Providence.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
C'mon Clode. Pandolfo is horrible. Cooked.

If Spooner a chance to shine and let the kid play.

Why are you blaming Julien when it is PC who would have to call up Spooner. Claude chooses players to play from the roster if Spooner is not on the roster there is nothing Claude can do.

PS this thread shows what wrong with the internet a guy post a speculative twitter and people run with it like it is fact when there is zero evidence.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Unacceptable. THis is why you only put up two goals vs the **** Penguins defense.

Worst third line in the entire NHL IMO.

Time for Cam to speak up about not winning games 0-0 again...:nod:

Cam works in the F.O. with Chiarelli, and I would think has just as much if not more to do with personnel decisions as Julien does.

The coaching staff for both Boston and Providence, and Chiarelli, Neely and Sweeney all have input in these situations.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Why are you blaming Julien when it is PC who would have to call up Spooner. Claude chooses players to play from the roster if Spooner is not on the roster there is nothing Claude can do.

PS this thread shows what wrong with the internet a guy post a speculative twitter and people run with it like it is fact when there is zero evidence.
Are you insinuating that Claude has no input as to whether to call up a particular player?

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Cam works in the F.O. with Chiarelli, and I would think has just as much if not more to do with personnel decisions as Julien does.

The coaching staff for both Boston and Providence, and Chiarelli, Neely and Sweeney all have input in these situations.

Chiarelli: We roll with Pandolfo. All in favor say "I".
Neely: I
Sweeney: I
Julien: I
Cassidy: NAY

What? Really?? Hard to believe.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Chiarelli: We roll with Pandolfo. All in favor say "I".
Neely: I
Sweeney: I
Julien: I
Cassidy: NAY

What? Really?? Hard to believe.

We all want to see Spooner play and be given quality minutes, but really, should we not defer to the experts here, Chia, Claude, Sweeny and so on. Who are we to constantly question their decisions, I am sure Pandolfo brings more to the table right now than Spooner, otherwise Spooner would be in Boston not Providence.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
We all want to see Spooner play and be given quality minutes, but really, should we not defer to the experts here, Chia, Claude, Sweeny and so on. Who are we to constantly question their decisions, I am sure Pandolfo brings more to the table right now than Spooner, otherwise Spooner would be in Boston not Providence.

Right, because management always makes the right decisions?

Saying Pandolfo brings more than a skilled player like Spooner is laughable.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

Would make for a really boring forum here if we just deferred to them on every decision.

I mean.. you're right. They are in the perfect position to judge and none of us as fans know exactly what goes into their decision making.. but as it stands right now at least from my angle; Rolling with Pandolfo - Peverley - Caron again is a mistake.

Hope that line changes my line tonight versus the Panthers but I seriously doubt it.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
One would think that, with one of the top two lines not contributing on offence, management would like to insert a "spark" to get some scoring, and possibly ignite the other line, no?

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Sorry to jump right into the fray on this one, but in regard to your "cross-checking/insinuating Soderberg is not hard working" comment, the kid came back from a pretty devastating eye injury for which he lost something like 80-90% of his vision in one eye to become the leading goal scorer, and second leading scorer, in a pretty advanced professional league. I'm pretty sure that feat requires some hard work and that Carl did not simply coast on by.

I simply said that i want one of our kid, who work hard in Pro, to have a chance before Soderberg does. Of course, the player in Pro should have similar upside/talent. You always have to choose the player who will help you the most. So far, the jury still out on Soderberg snce only very few people saw him extensively.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
Are you insinuating that Claude has no input as to whether to call up a particular player?

That is not at all what I was insinuating. There is likely a half dozen or so people who have say in the decision, but the final say belongs to PC.
Plus thanks to snarky comments like yours we lost most of the insiders who might be able to tell us the what and why of the situation.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That is not at all what I was insinuating. There is likely a half dozen or so people who have say in the decision, but the final say belongs to PC.
Plus thanks to snarky comments like yours we lost most of the insiders who might be able to tell us the what and why of the situation.
"Please come back, Kirk, OOG and KPD, it's all Ratty's fault. We promise to put him on "ignore".

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Why not have them both at the same time?

Not against the idea but two rookies on the 3rd line? It's gonna be tough on them, IMHO. A TON of pressure on both to produce... Tough, tough challenge...

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
We need to get Stephane Yelle and his magical 75% face-off ratio (snicker)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Not against the idea but two rookies on the 3rd line? It's gonna be tough on them, IMHO. A TON of pressure on both to produce... Tough, tough challenge...
While Spooner is a rookie, and technically, Soderberg, too, Carl is 27 and has played at a high level for several seasons. I expect the transition to be a lot smoother for him in the NHL even with the wider surface.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
While Spooner is a rookie, and technically, Soderberg, too, Carl is 27 and has played at a high level for several seasons. I expect the transition to be a lot smoother for him in the NHL even with the wider surface.

That's what i was thinking, about Soderberg, when i saw your comment but i was not ready to be so assertive since i didn't saw him play a lot.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Would make for a really boring forum here if we just deferred to them on every decision.

I mean.. you're right. They are in the perfect position to judge and none of us as fans know exactly what goes into their decision making.. but as it stands right now at least from my angle; Rolling with Pandolfo - Peverley - Caron again is a mistake.

Hope that line changes my line tonight versus the Panthers but I seriously doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it too, nor will it change my mind, I would like Spooner here but I have to believe they know what they are doing. I don't for a minute believe that management believes it is a long term solution, but in the short term it will work. Within the next week there will some big changes with trades, and also next week they get their quick look at Koko, as he is already signed and OHL season over on Sunday 17 Mar 13.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Right, because management always makes the right decisions?

Saying Pandolfo brings more than a skilled player like Spooner is laughable.

Saying Pandolfo does not bring more experience, strength, system knowledge, leadership (2 cups) to the rink at the moment than Spooner is laughable. Spooner should develope into a good NHL player, at the moment he cannot bring what a vet does, no matter what you believe his skill level is. Also I believe management does make the right decisions more times than not. The team has lost five games so far, no need to go into panic mode.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Saying Pandolfo does not bring more experience, strength, system knowledge, leadership (2 cups) to the rink at the moment than Spooner is laughable. Spooner should develope into a good NHL player, at the moment he cannot bring what a vet does, no matter what you believe his skill level is. Also I believe management does make the right decisions more times than not. The team has lost five games so far, no need to go into panic mode.

I'm not even panicking, just suggesting Spooner would bring more to the table than old over the hill Pandolfo.

This team does not need more leadership, we are fine in that regard.

What we don't have is a guy to fill in on the third line for Kelly, at least until Soderberg comes over if he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad