Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sorry to jump right into the fray on this one, but in regard to your "cross-checking/insinuating Soderberg is not hard working" comment, the kid came back from a pretty devastating eye injury for which he lost something like 80-90% of his vision in one eye to become the leading goal scorer, and second leading scorer, in a pretty advanced professional league. I'm pretty sure that feat requires some hard work and that Carl did not simply coast on by.

It's not worth it...believe me.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Sorry to jump right into the fray on this one, but in regard to your "cross-checking/insinuating Soderberg is not hard working" comment, the kid came back from a pretty devastating eye injury for which he lost something like 80-90% of his vision in one eye to become the leading goal scorer, and second leading scorer, in a pretty advanced professional league. I'm pretty sure that feat requires some hard work and that Carl did not simply coast on by.

I agree,You do not getto the of top scoring races without hard work.And I am glad he has a nasty side.Give him more space on ice .No way Marchand does to Sedin in finals what he did if Sedin was nasty too.just example.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The Bruins are really putting screws to that kid,I was him I would want out first chnace i get,He has better number then Gallagher in AHL and not getting a shot.

I'd hardly call it "putting the screws to him" :laugh:

I'm sure the B's number one concern is developing him as a player, and sometimes that's better served with big minutes in the AHL over few minutes on the 4th line.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Nothing against Pandolfo (he hustles, but I see few results), but I cannot stand seeing him on that 3rd line. If he has to play, please move Paille up and Pandolfo down :shakehead

In things like this I have to trust Chiarelli that he will do his job and get help.I think Spooner though is ready to play.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
The Bruins are really putting screws to that kid.I was him I would want out first chance i get.He has better number then Gallagher in AHL and not getting a shot.

How dare they expect him to play an ENTIRE season in the AHL!? How can a 2nd round pick be expected to endure such travesty??! :sarcasm:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'd hardly call it "putting the screws to him" :laugh:

I'm sure the B's number one concern is developing him as a player, and sometimes that's better served with big minutes in the AHL over few minutes on the 4th line.

Look at it from Spooners eyes seeing Gallagher in Montreal playing steady in NHL and he was putting up better numbers then him.And habs are in front of Bruins.If the kid is getting passed ove rfor Pandofo at his age I am sure he is bit bitter by it.I know I would be.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
The Bruins are really putting screws to that kid.I was him I would want out first chance i get.He has better number then Gallagher in AHL and not getting a shot.

Couldn't agree more, he has outperformed so many this season, and has improved since training camp. Kid deserves a legitimate shot, and he aint getting here. what more can you ask from a 1st year pro , he is close to a Point per game player, is a key piece of the power play, and has the ability to play a above average two way game.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Nothing against Pandolfo (he hustles, but I see few results), but I cannot stand seeing him on that 3rd line. If he has to play, please move Paille up and Pandolfo down :shakehead

i cringe every time I see Pandolfo on the ice on that third line.
I think he was out in that 5 on 3 against the Pens too, but the Bruins got out of that jam.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
I have to LOL. Pandolfo is a good soldier, but should be on the fourth line or in the pressbox when depth is needed. I guess you could say that its needed right now...but why have we not seen Spooner sooner? Every tme I've seen him play (not many), he's demonstrated decent two-way play and great jets.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Couldn't agree more, he has outperformed so many this season, and has improved since training camp. Kid deserves a legitimate shot, and he aint getting here. what more can you ask from a 1st year pro , he is close to a Point per game player, is a key piece of the power play, and has the ability to play a above average two way game.

Bruins are short on Offence and speed.He has that,I do not get it.Think bruins are 9th in NHL scoring but by look of way Penguins dominated them other nite i think they could use more firepower.Cue the Bruins got in late and played nite before talk.But ya know what?They have a ton games this month so get use to it.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

My guess is Paille is staying where he is, because the 4th line has been the only other consistent line other than Bergeron's the last few games. Julien doesn't want to mess with what is working if he doesn't have to.

I personally would rather not see Pandolfo at all.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
How dare they expect him to play an ENTIRE season in the AHL!? How can a 2nd round pick be expected to endure such travesty??! :sarcasm:

I do not care if he was drafted 300th round.The kid is deserving to be called up.He scoring and has speed and they need that right now.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
My guess is Paille is staying where he is, because the 4th line has been the only other consistent line other than Bergeron's the last few games. Julien doesn't want to mess with what is working if he doesn't have to.

I personally would rather not see Pandolfo at all.

I think u are exactly correct.Better to have 3 lines intact then 2.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I do not care if he was drafted 300th round.The kid is deserving to be called up.He scoring and has speed and they need that right now.

Regardless, he's a first year pro in a system with a metric s@#$ load of NHL and Pro experience. On a team that relies heavy on the "system" it's not unreasonable for others with experience to get the call first.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Regardless, he's a first year pro in a system with a metric s@#$ load of NHL and Pro experience. On a team that relies heavy on the "system" it's not unreasonable for others with experience to get the call first.

I can agree with that but other nite vs Pens it was quite clear they need more speed and fiepower.Give the kid a true chance.He loaded with talent.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The other night against the Pens, they had a two goal lead with 7 minutes to go and forgot how to play D.

They had 16 shots man and half them were weak ones .That was a one sided game regardless the score.Pens were just pushing it at them.Their defenceman was only reason that game was close as it was.They need forward help bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad