Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I dont understand this, you would think that of any game you would want to give spooner a full game at 3rd line center , it would want to be tonights.. worst team in the eastern conference , i mean he basically would be playing against an ahl line with all the injuries the panthers have right now

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I have great faith in Chiarelli

AND

While we wait for the eventual ( I hope) trade I would also bring up Spooner, slot him between Caron and Peverley and see how ready he is to play at the NHL level.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
C'mon Clode. Pandolfo is horrible. Cooked.

If Spooner a chance to shine and let the kid play.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
The other night against the Pens, they had a two goal lead with 7 minutes to go and forgot how to play D.

You could also say that they forgot to play offense, they were hemmed into their own zone the entire time and turned it over after one rush any time they were able to break out.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Common sense? Not welcome here :laugh:

:laugh:Apparently, eh?

I love the notion that Spooner must be seething and ready to leave the organization because he hasn't been recalled to a team that's played a whopping 24 games, has just experienced it's first even marginal injury, and is considered to be one of the deepest in terms of NHL level talent in the league. :shakehead

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
They had 16 shots man and half them were weak ones .That was a one sided game regardless the score.Pens were just pushing it at them.Their defenceman was only reason that game was close as it was.They need forward help bad.

Our coach loves players that can shoot it into the offensive zone and peel back and stand still and wait for the opposing team to have free outs. As long as this coach is at that helm that our style.

God forbid we have a player that wont or cant play the stand on your head Timmy T style of playing not to lose hockey.

You look at just about every team that has won the cup in the past 5 years we have to be the only one that has made hardly any changes.

What does Timmy T stealing games left and right during that run does this GM not see that he believes lightning will strike twice.

We need to make changes before its to late what is he waiting for ? Value ? Cheap rentals ? the Yeti ?

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't mind Pandolfo as a "just happy to be here" 13th forward. The fact that he's a top-9 forward after a single injury is...... scary. :help:

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Lucic - Krejci - Peverley
Marchand - Bergy - Siggy
Caron - Spooner - Horton
Merlot

Shake's it up a bit. Horton and Lucic need a slap in the face. Peverley needs a chance to play with someone who has some skill.

At worst...

Lucic - Krech - Horton
Marchand - Bergy - Siggy
Caron - Spooner - Peverley
Merlot

I'd give Spooner a little look. I'd prefer him getting top line minutes in Prov. for the year and let him have that development time but if he is ready, he is ready. We won't know without giving him a chance. He MUST be a better option than Jay Pan ****ing dolfo.

Chiarelli knows our issues. He knows our third line is a black hole and we need 4 lines to play the way we want to play.

We need players in the lineup to be pushing upwards. Horton and Lucic need to feel a push or else we get what we are getting from them, nothing. This is why I'd move Peverley up. He has been the good soldier, working hard but he's a little snake bit. Lucic and Horton get shift after shift and are getting nothing going.

If those two play tonight like they played against Pittsburgh I think they should both get pushed down the line up as far as we can push them. They were both AWFUL and it could not have been because they were tired.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I understand them not wanting to call up Spooner. He belongs on the top six not the bottom six. The bottom six sometimes reguires more responsibility and knowledge anyway....Barring injury he will absolutely get his shot next year. OT they have to something about that third line post-haste though. Pandolfo is "cooked" and Caron doesn't help either. Chia is really over a barrel but there has to be an available third or fourth line center that is cheap? Maybe Eric Belanger? Daymond Langkow, Brendan Morrison.....Steve Kasper:)

I think you'll find him here:

www.gretzky.com

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Frustrating!!!!
A center position opens up and will for the rest of the year and we are playing Pandolfo. Yikes!!:cry:

Bring up SPOONER!!!!!!!!!!

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
Frustrating!!!!
A center position opens up and will for the rest of the year and we are playing Pandolfo. Yikes!!:cry:

Bring up SPOONER!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way but you know Claude and his defensive forwards. I was watching McKenzie on NHL Network last night saying he expects the Bruins to be very active and rattled off some impressive names, I sat there and laughed and said to myself, they'll be riding Pandolfo out all year :yo:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Pandolfo sucks soooooooooooooooo much ***

He literally falls while skating 1-2 times during his shift with no one touching him

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I want more help for sure,But you know what is really bad about Bruins right now? The last game Pandolfo was more reliable then Lucic.It was Milan who cost the Bruins bigtime not taking his man on the back check and his line on again for winner..Sorry to offend his die hard supporters but 4 goals in 23 games is brutal for a top line player making 5 million.Next year and year after 6 million too:( Bruins could really use Iginla,,then move Lucic to 3rd line where he belongs.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Very bad decision imho. Even if the Bruins win some games. Pandolfo is a 4th line spare. Plugging him to fill any role beyond that hurts that line and the team. We lost a top-9 guy. Try to fill it with someone who fits first, then try something else. If it were Paille that went down, sure plug pando and move on. If the problem is PK, still you can give Caron a try first, or even Seguin who might be good. Brutal decision by management.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I'm so excited to see Jay Pandolfo in tonight over a guy like Spooner. Gotta love these old plug players that offer nothing to the table being in the lineup over a young skilled player like Spooner who could actually do something and surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad