Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm not even panicking, just suggesting Spooner would bring more to the table than old over the hill Pandolfo.

This team does not need more leadership, we are fine in that regard.

What we don't have is a guy to fill in on the third line for Kelly, at least until Soderberg comes over if he does.

I`m guessing that Chia/Cam and CJ have concerns about a say Spooner/Caron/Pevs line? I`m pumped to see the kid up at some point, just not sure now is the time, I`d rather see Paille shift up, Pevs to the middle and MacD on the 4th to be honest.

Can see it now if Spoons brought up and struggles, blame will be pointed at his linemates (Pevs and Caron) for not being skilled enough for him to play with, CJ for not using him properly etc....no thanks. A kid having a good first year in the AHL means nothing IMO. Camper looked very good last year in the AHL....

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Disappointed to say the least with Spooner not being called up and sticking with the washed up Pandolfo. Meanwhile the Habs call up a young D-man today to join their other rookies and the Sens continue to trot out 7-8 AHL players on a nightly basis and they continue to play well. I could understand this last year, but this Providence team does have a lot more talent and a guy like Spooner shouldn't be staying down there for the likes of Pandolfo.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
I`m guessing that Chia/Cam and CJ have concerns about a say Spooner/Caron/Pevs line? I`m pumped to see the kid up at some point, just not sure now is the time, I`d rather see Paille shift up, Pevs to the middle and MacD on the 4th to be honest.

Can see it now if Spoons brought up and struggles, blame will be pointed at his linemates (Pevs and Caron) for not being skilled enough for him to play with, CJ for not using him properly etc....no thanks. A kid having a good first year in the AHL means nothing IMO. Camper looked very good last year in the AHL....

And has been hurt for large chunks of this season.

Spooner Producing in the AHL is a big deal, although it doesn't guarantee any NHL success, it shows he can adjust from the OHL to a higher paced, faster, more physical game and still perform in all areas of the game. Something he would need to do in the transition from AHL to NHL

I'am all for developing a kid in the minors, but he has earned a call up, and should be given his shot to showcase his skills.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Saying Pandolfo does not bring more experience, strength, system knowledge, leadership (2 cups) to the rink at the moment than Spooner is laughable. Spooner should develope into a good NHL player, at the moment he cannot bring what a vet does, no matter what you believe his skill level is. Also I believe management does make the right decisions more times than not. The team has lost five games so far, no need to go into panic mode.

There's no lack of Cup experience on the team at the moment. There is a lack of dynamic offensive and highly motivated players fighting for a chance to crack into the league.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine

Apples and oranges.....

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
There's no lack of Cup experience on the team at the moment. There is a lack of dynamic offensive and highly motivated players fighting for a chance to crack into the league.

Spooner did not show this in his time with the Bruins, yes only limited minutes, but still that is how Claude saw him. As I stated in another thread, management will not go forward for an extended period of time with Pandolfo, a trade will be coming. I really like Spooner, hope he developes, but do not see the urgencey to bring him in now and play him on a line with another rookie.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Disappointed to say the least with Spooner not being called up and sticking with the washed up Pandolfo. Meanwhile the Habs call up a young D-man today to join their other rookies and the Sens continue to trot out 7-8 AHL players on a nightly basis and they continue to play well. I could understand this last year, but this Providence team does have a lot more talent and a guy like Spooner shouldn't be staying down there for the likes of Pandolfo.

Tinordi will not stay long in Montreal, probably no longer than Spooner's last visit to Boston. As for the Sens, most of their call ups have been in the AHL more than half a season, little more experience there and you can be sure, if not for Ottawa's bus load of injuries you would never see that many rookies on their roster. Not sure why people are not willing to allow Spooner to develope in Providence with no pressure, presently leading the team in points and doing well. Reinforcements will be forth coming, but through trade rather than call up. Any GM will tell you it is better to bring a rookie into your lineup without the pressure of having to replace an injured player, if that is required they usually defauly to a seasoned vet or at least not a first year pro at the AHL level.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Tinordi will not stay long in Montreal, probably no longer than Spooner's last visit to Boston. As for the Sens, most of their call ups have been in the AHL more than half a season, little more experience there and you can be sure, if not for Ottawa's bus load of injuries you would never see that many rookies on their roster. Not sure why people are not willing to allow Spooner to develope in Providence with no pressure, presently leading the team in points and doing well. Reinforcements will be forth coming, but through trade rather than call up. Any GM will tell you it is better to bring a rookie into your lineup without the pressure of having to replace an injured player, if that is required they usually defauly to a seasoned vet or at least not a first year pro at the AHL level.

When you play on the 3rd line like Pandolfo does you should be at least a threat to score the odd goal, based on his previous years stats he is not, Spooner has the ability to both score and set up scores, heaven forbid he might make an error or two out there.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Anyone know if some journalists/reporters asked the team why they are deciding to play an old Pandolfo instead of a young skilled guy who is putting real nice numbers in the A in his rookie season? Especially against an awfull Panthers team?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I think this is true-kind of goes back to the team seeming to overall lack the killer instinct. They don't play hungry-or at least not consistently.

I think adding some players who are fighting for a spot on the roster or challenging some of the guys on the roster for their spots, or better yet adding a few players who want the cup might help.

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
more like this:

Lucic- Peverley- Horton
Marchand- Bergeron- Seguin
Paille- Spooner- Caron
Pandolfo-Campbell- Thornton

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Which means Krejci is not playing.

Lucic - Peverley - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Pandolfo - Spooner - Caron

Gross.

If Spooner does play, I hope they just give him the green light to showcase himself fully. On the 4th line with an aging scrub he wont get the best shot.

Keep the lines intact and just slide Spooner between Lucic and Horton. If things aren't going well, then move Peverley up.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I start with

Lucic - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Raptor
Paille - Spooner - Caron
MacDermid - Campbell - Thornton

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I start with

Lucic - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Raptor
Paille - Spooner - Caron
MacDermid - Campbell - Thornton

That's the prettiest one yet (just because it doesn't say Pandolfo anywhere), but I think we'd be more likely to see Peverly and Seguin switch spots.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Sad that it took our first line center going down to get this recall. He should have been up when Kelly went down. Still, I will temper my expectations with the knowledge that he will play only with bottom six wingers. Would love to see him get a chance to show what he can do in any of these scenarios:

Lucic-Spooner-Horton; or

Lucic-Seguin-Horton
Marcand-Bergy-Spooner

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Sad that it took our first line center going down to get this recall. He should have been up when Kelly went down. Still, I will temper my expectations with the knowledge that he will play only with bottom six wingers. Would love to see him get a chance to show what he can do in any of these scenarios:

Lucic-Spooner-Horton; or

Lucic-Seguin-Horton
Marcand-Bergy-Spooner

Couldn't have said it better myself, good post.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I think that if the Bruins choose to put Spooner at center over Seguin we might as well say that Seguin won't ever play center for the Bruins.

Seguin should be the one at center for all of the reasons why he was used at wing up until now if they are going to treat Spooner the same way.

Seguin has really shown that his game has become much more complete since his rookie season. I now find myself commenting on how Seguin makes very good defensive plays that not a lot of people would be capable of. Seguin has shown chemistry with both Lucic and Horton in the past, especially Lucic though.

I would like to see them give this lineup a try for at least a few shifts:

Lucic-Seguin-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Spooner
Paille-Peverley-Caron
MacDermid-Campell-Thornton

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Marchand Bergeron Seguin
Lucic Peverley Horton
Paille Campbell Thornton
Caron Spooner Pandolfo

In that order.