Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Fluto is suggesting:

Milan Lucic-Rich Peverley-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
Jay Pandolfo-Ryan Spooner-Jordan Caron
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

For those who think Seguin should center Lucic and Horton: why in the world would you sacrifice the point production of your most successful line -- arguably your "first" line -- just to put Seguin between two struggling wingers? You think their struggles are on Krejci? You would have to if you think Seguin is the answer. For the record, I think you are wrong.

Switch Pandolfo and Paille

Pandolfo - Pevz and Caron were a liability as it was the last few games... substituting a rookie center will be disastrous. I'd be much more comfortable with Paille on his wing.

And I'd be a lot more comfortable with MacDermid on the 4th line and Pandolfo getting scratched. But I doubt we see that :/

remer

Oct 18, 2005
This is what I would like to see.

Looch - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergy - Caron
Pev - Spooner - Paille
McDermid - Campbell -Thornton

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I think Seguin should center Looch and Horton and it has nothing to do with Krejci being the problem or not. Seguin is our most naturally gifted offensive player and there's a chance he's a good complement to both Looch and Horton. It looked very promising the few times they played together so far this year. Pev is a lesser player than Krejci, so we make our first line even worse by playing him there.

I also happen to think that unlike Looch and Horton, Marchand and Bergeron will make good things happen no matter who they play with. I'd have no problem if Pev, Caron or Spooner played with them.

Looch - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergy - Caron
Pev - Spooner - Paille
Pandolfo - Campbell - Thornton

I actually like those lines (sans Pandolfo.. much rather have MacDermid on the 4th line). I agree that Marchand and Bergeron will be successful no matter what so I don't necessarily see Caron dragging them down.

Hopefully Seguin would help elevate Lucic and Horton's game a bit in Krejci's absence.

Spooner with Peverley and Paille is perfect.

Giving Spooner Gandalfo and Caron would be a huge mistake

dup7

Jul 5, 2006
Halifax, NS
Based on similar situations in the past, we'll see a variation of lines throughout the game depending on who's playing well and how things progress.
When you've got 2 top 9 players out, you experiment and Clode typically does.

Mike B.

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
For those who think Seguin should center Lucic and Horton: why in the world would you sacrifice the point production of your most successful line -- arguably your "first" line -- just to put Seguin between two struggling wingers? You think their struggles are on Krejci? You would have to if you think Seguin is the answer. For the record, I think you are wrong.

1. Seguin is a natural center.

2. Seguin has paid his dues and improved in all phases of the game.

3. Seguin has experience centering Lucic and Horton. He did so at the start of last season (Krejci was hurt) and, at that position, he was the team's best offensive forward in the early going. (Contrast that to his slow start this year).

4. Lucic and Horton have been unproductive for huge stretches of this season. I don't think Krejci is to blame for this, but there is something to be said for shaking things up once in a while. Heck, Dan Paille has more goals than Lucic this year.

5. If the Bruins are counting on one line to do their scoring for them - as has been the case this year, they can also count on some early golf dates this spring - it's a recipe for a round one exit.

eskimo7737

Sep 23, 2006
I thought he was called up because of Krejci's injury? He would probably slide onto the third line and Peverley slides up to the 1st line for a couple of games..

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Gonna take a third injury at C before Seguin moves off the Bergy line. Pevs to C line #1 for sure. It's going to be a good line.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Please Spooner get Krecji's PP time please :handclap:

I have never seen him play but from scouting reports maybe will be able to work some magic with Seguin and Hamilton?

I don't expect him to come up and produce even strength immediately but would a little life on the PP be to much to ask for?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

I have never seen him play but from scouting reports maybe will be able to work some magic with Seguin and Hamilton?

I don't expect him to come up and produce even strength immediately but would a little life on the PP be to much to ask for?

A creative left handed centre running the half-boards might tweak our power play to make it slightly more dangerous, but Spooner won't fix it.

topcat986*

I think Seguin should center Looch and Horton and it has nothing to do with Krejci being the problem or not. Seguin is our most naturally gifted offensive player and there's a chance he's a good complement to both Looch and Horton. It looked very promising the few times they played together so far this year. Pev is a lesser player than Krejci, so we make our first line even worse by playing him there.

I also happen to think that unlike Looch and Horton, Marchand and Bergeron will make good things happen no matter who they play with. I'd have no problem if Pev, Caron or Spooner played with them.

Looch - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergy - Caron
Pev - Spooner - Paille
Pandolfo - Campbell - Thornton

Love this guys choice of forwards except Mcdemid in and Pandolfo out:nod:

XtremeofParanoia

May 5, 2010
MA
Lucic - Bergeron - Horton
Seguin - Peverley - Marchand
Paille - Spooner - Caron
MacD - Campbell - Thornton

Just a thought.

Or;

Spooner - Seguin - Marchand
Paille - Peverley - Caron

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

I would be extremely surprised if he did anything offensively. Not that he doesn't have the skill I just think he will be so focused on his defensive responsibilities that the offensive game will not show.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'm still amazed Claude put Spooner out on the PP in Montreal and at the point- I'm watching and thinking wtf, I can't even remember him playing that in Providence and there is Claude with Spooner and Dougie together out there

Seguin gave Claude a nervous stomach Ryan probably will to, but he's got much better defensively (Dom can explain that)

I got a feelling if Spooner plays and gets double digit minutes he scores tomorrow night

Claude loves a good vet that is for sure- I still get pissed thinking of Yelle

True! With Caron, Spooner and Dougie all in the lineup simultaneously, Claude will be drinking some pepto bismol before the puck drop!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
what are the odds Spooner plays because I heard Krejci still made the trip

I`m sure we`ll see Spooner tonight, why??? Purely selfish motives, just because I`d like to see him play. His only other game he played limited, if he`s out with an injury to DK, I`d suggest we`ll see him receive a little more ice time.

Not anticipating anything spectacular, just want to see the kid play

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I would be extremely surprised if he did anything offensively. Not that he doesn't have the skill I just think he will be so focused on his defensive responsibilities that the offensive game will not show.

Claude put him on the PP in his first game, I suspect, especially with absence of Krejci, he`ll be on it even more and when it happens, I`m calling it now

Spooner with an assist tonight:yo:

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
I am glad to see Spooner up and hopefully he gets a chance to play some minutes tonight, preferably a player or two with a similar skill set to see what he can do.
I have to wonder what the reasoning is to have Lane MacDermid up at this point?
He is sitting idle as the 13th/14th forward and has not played in a long time, you already have Pandolfo playing ahead of him so why not send him back to Providence and play?
I would rather just have a Whitfield type sitting around and practicing and not playing, rather than a young player that still has a bit of future with this club as a potential 4th line winger at some point.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am glad to see Spooner up and hopefully he gets a chance to play some minutes tonight, preferably a player or two with a similar skill set to see what he can do.
I have to wonder what the reasoning is to have Lane MacDermid up at this point?
He is sitting idle as the 13th/14th forward and has not played in a long time, you already have Pandolfo playing ahead of him so why not send him back to Providence and play?
I would rather just have a Whitfield type sitting around and practicing and not playing, rather than a young player that still has a bit of future with this club as a potential 4th line winger at some point.

It is a touch puzzling, one of the few times I am not at all on board with CJ

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I`m sure we`ll see Spooner tonight, why??? Purely selfish motives, just because I`d like to see him play. His only other game he played limited, if he`s out with an injury to DK, I`d suggest we`ll see him receive a little more ice time.

Not anticipating anything spectacular, just want to see the kid play

I'm hoping that since he came all the way to Winnipeg, maybe they'll decide to play him regardless of Krejci's status. Just take out Pandolfo... It's that simple.

I understand Julien wants that extra PK body, but it seems to me he has more than enough with Bergy-March, Campbell-Paille, Pevs-Krejci, Caron can kill too...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm hoping that since he came all the way to Winnipeg, maybe they'll decide to play him regardless of Krejci's status. Just take out Pandolfo... It's that simple.

I understand Julien wants that extra PK body, but it seems to me he has more than enough with Bergy-March, Campbell-Paille, Pevs-Krejci, Caron can kill too...

I`m confident they will, had/if this were a "must win" game, maybe DK would be in but...this one will be tough , Jets are far from a pushover team, playing solid hockey lately outside of a loss to the Sens Sunday

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Eh, I'd just sit Krejci and play it safe. The #1 seed doesn't mean a whole lot to me. It's not worth fighting tooth and nail and grinding themselves into dust along the way to win the division. They should be able to handle Ottawa or Toronto in a 4/5 match up in Rd1.

Great little audition period here for Spooner and Caron here before the trade deadline.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Seguin - Peverley - Marchand
Paille - Spooner - Caron

Just a thought.

Or;

Spooner - Seguin - Marchand
Paille - Peverley - Caron

I like that one. Bergeron + Lucic is a good combo IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad